Jurassic World Super Bowl Spot Brings Dino Action

MovieBob

Dec 31, 2008
Jurassic World Super Bowl Spot Brings Dino Action

Starlord leads hero raptors against mutant-dino nemesis

The first Summer Blockbuster trailer of 2015 to run during the coveted Jurassic World, [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/super%20bowl] bringing intriguing new footage and the biggest reveals yet as to the actual premise of the film.

As teased up by the earlier trailer, [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/138789-Jurassic-World-Trailer-Hybrid-Super-Saurus-Versus-Good-Guy-Raptors] the film takes place in a Sea World-style high-tech upgrade of the original Jurassic Park, where tourists mingle with tamed, seemingly domesticated dinosaurs. This new spot shows off more complete FX shots, but also confirms new story details that many fans had thus far only suspected - namely, that Chris Pratt's character appears to have learned to train (or befriend?) the park's deadly velociraptors, and is leading them into battle against a mutant "hybrid" dinosaur created by scientists whose rampage threatens both humans and its "natural" cousins.

The new enemy creature itself remains largely unseen, at least in full, for now. It's been described by the filmmakers as a hybrid of multiple dinosaur species, may resemble a more agile T-Rex but with functional arms and may have specific extra abilities borrowed from other creatures as well. According to rumors it's name may (or may not) be "Indominus Rex."

Jurassic World opens June 12, 2015

Source: Universal Pictures [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mvWuky1g0g]

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/movies-and-tv/]

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Honestly, this looks pretty damn awesome.

Sure the trained raptors thing is a bit iffy, but we are able to tame smart and dangerous animals today, if raptors were around today who's to say they wouldn't be tamable?

Wish it was a real Dinosaur as aposed to a genetically modified one, but ooh well, as long as it's handled correctly i'll live.

Next film though, Giganotosaurus please!

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Honestly, given the intelligence Raptors were portrayed as having in previous movies, I wouldn't have a hard time believing that they could learn to co-exist with humans to some degree if we were to demonstrate that not killing us is in their interest. Outright taming them? Doubt it. But raising them from birth to be accustomed to humans? Maybe.

Frezzato

Oct 17, 2012
Odd question here, but if you were situated inside of a sphere large enough to sit in, and something appeared outside and behind you, what would the reflection look like? Would it be severely distorted? And would it appear right side up?

Shinkicker444

Dec 6, 2011
Honestly if for nothing else I'd probably just watch this for the Pratt and his raptor posse. I find that whole premise to be fairly interesting. As for the rest, it looks pretty cool but I think the whole time I'll be watching it I'll be thinking its a mash of the first three movies, based off the characters and scenes seen so far.

Only saw these the other day, but thought they were pretty cool nonetheless.
http://i.imgur.com/UXd7E56.png <-- picture of the 'big bad'

https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/545334309863690240/photo/1 <- Pratt + 1

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Charcharo said:
Unlike Bob, I think that realistic Dinos are more "badass". So on the front... dissapointing so far.
Still, the scene look decent so far. I can only hope it works as a movie.

Though I am still annoyed that Hollywood wants to portray Dinos as monsters. They are not. They are just animals. Nothing more and nothing less.
Yeah, that's the aspect of the originals that was so important. It took a lot of restraint to avoid turning the dinosaurs into monsters, or into super animals. The whole point was that, if left alone, they could live in peace. This just spits in the face of all that. The nuance is gone. Ever since the awful third movie, the film makers have been trying to up the stakes by making some new super dinosaur. What's the difference between this and the Spinosaurus from 3? It's even bigger and more dangerous? At what point does it even make a difference? The scariest thing from the original was the velociraptors, not the T-rex. Having tens of thousands of people also robs the film of the feeling of isolation it originally had.

It's like they sat down and said "what looks cool" as opposed to "what looks real," and then proceeded to pull out the doodles from their 8th grade math class. I'm not too impressed thus far.

Laughing Man

Oct 10, 2008
and I am still not interested. The thing is the first Jurassic Park was and still is an awesome movie, I wanted to see it when I was younger and couldn't wait for it to be released and yup it blew me away and...

...well that's it, none of the sequels have risen any level of interest, I think I went and saw JP2 when it came out but I wasn't super pumped to go and see it and I can't rightly remember if I have seen JP3, I know I haven't actually sat down and watched it, I may well have caught it in passing while it was on TV and I was busy doing something else and now we have JP4 and I am still not interested, even Chris Pratt can't get me interested enough and he was in two of the best movies of last year (Lego and GotG).

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Yup, still excited to see this, it just looks better and better with each new trailer :)

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
So, they spared no expense... in advertising a movie. [small]sorry[/small]

I'm still not interested in a movie about idiot corporations and scientists will lots of time and grant money but no real goal. They could have just gone with the suits being stupid and reopening the park, along with the smart raptors, but they had to add a genetic monster as well.

Stupidity

Sep 21, 2013
So they have the magical ability to combine a dozen dinosaurs together to form not only a functional creature but a creature smarter, faster and stronger than any other, with a handful of special abilities as well.
But they couldn't stop it from being a huge asshole?
Also they literally gave it the ability to super jump and then put it in a cage with no roof....

So tired of the whole lazy Hollywood anti science theme. Always a parade of errors from what is really just lazy writing.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Forget Jurassic park, mlp showed up in a super bowl ad.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Okay, admittedly the trailer seems to be pushing the film purely as an action movie but...well, I admit, it still looks fun.

And the part at the end, the "we'll be safe in here, right?" Reference to the car scene in the first film anyone? ;)

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Trained dinosaurs versus mutant dinosaurs... yep, I'm interested! My inner child is squeezing with joy right now!

...Not sure why they thought hybrid dinos was a good idea, though. Also, anyone remember the Chaos Effect toyline? Yes, the colorations were garish, but the designs were pretty neat, in my opinion. (Again, I was really into dinosaurs as a kid, so...)

Part of me wishes they'd remake that toyline (only with better colors and more dinosaur/modern animal hybrids). Although I heard Hasbro is making a toyline where you can mix and match dinosaur parts. Not sure if I should buy them despite my age...

...I'm rambling, aren't I? My apologies.

Sanunes

Mar 18, 2011
After watching the trailer I got the distinct vibe of the movie Soldier starting Kurt Russell, for you have the "old and outdated" model being hunted by the "newer and custom designed" replacement.

Vigormortis

Nov 21, 2007
Yep. I'm pumped. Don't care what the naysayers think. As an avid fan of the first film and Chrichton's novels, my inner-child can't help but squee at this.

So yeah, I'm stoked. How can I not be? Pratt's on the prowl with a pack of trained 'Raptors.

Does my excitement make any rational sense? No. Does the film's plot make any sense? Probably not. Are the dinosaurs being portrayed realistically? For the most part, no. Do I care about any of that?

No. No I do not.

Bring on the dinos.

Kameburger

Turtle king
Apr 7, 2012
You know I'm actually a little excited for this now. This was a much cooler trailer then the other ones had been thats for sure. Admittedly Jurassic park will never have the impact it used to have. I think we've seen all it's tricks, and so if this time they have a cool story behind it I think that would be fine by me.

Maybe it's just my opinion (incidentally I feel the same way about terminator) I don't need a new Jurassic Park movie to try and out do the first one or try and make me feel the way the first one did. Those movies were a product of their time and don't need a remake. They were well done enough to not feel dated anymore than they were made in the time they were made in. The special effects for Jurassic park don't feel dated, just the computers and stuff do, but the T-Rex has that same awesome impact that it always did.

I just would not mind them telling stories like this in the same universe. When everyone keeps trying to one up the intensity, it just sort of seems like they pumping up the wrong things, and forgetting what made the originals work in the first place.