Jurassic World Super Bowl Spot Brings Dino Action

ThatQuietGuy

May 22, 2013
I'm still not digging the super-dino plot. It feels like double dipping on the don't play god themes of the first movie.

Kieve

Jan 4, 2011
Charcharo said:
Pyrian said:
Charcharo said:
No one ever makes such movies for me :(
Nobody wants to see a movie about people effortlessly... Actually, I can just stop there.

I do. So it is OBVIOUS it aint nobody.
I want a peaceful Dinosaur movie. You dont need to make them into monsters.
There are many other ethical concerns about what is being done. More risky creatures then dinosaurs can be remade.

It is just that when your movie represents what amounts to fairly dumb animals, or a fairly small but huge and fleshy (vulnerable) target to win against ANY type of soldiers, kill an entire park and act like an effin death squad... you lost my suspension of belief. Jurassic Park 1 was already pushing it and it made more sense.
And no, mutant DInosaurs have no application :( That hammers my suspension of belief even more
To the first point: Pyrian was referring to the fact that a "properly" (by your standards) equipped security force quelling a dino outbreak moments after it happened would make for a short, dull movie. As would most any movie where a central conflict was easily curb-stomped in moments.

To the second: Yes, in the real world there is no "practical" application for genetically altered dinosaurs. But then, we don't have a theme-park where science has used genetic research to clone dinosaurs back to life as living attractions either. From a research standpoint, where nearly all our current genetic work is being done, there is no purpose. I grant you that. The premise isn't about furthering research, but "scaring the kids" - making a new attraction for the Park. Obviously doesn't turn out that well, but it's no different in principle from some park manager at Universal deciding they're going to add "The Fast & The Furious: The Ride."
...You can reject that premise and claim it breaks your suspension of disbelief, but "in universe" it makes sense just fine.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Fox12 said:
Yeah, that's the aspect of the originals that was so important. It took a lot of restraint to avoid turning the dinosaurs into monsters, or into super animals. The whole point was that, if left alone, they could live in peace. This just spits in the face of all that. The nuance is gone. Ever since the awful third movie, the film makers have been trying to up the stakes by making some new super dinosaur. What's the difference between this and the Spinosaurus from 3? It's even bigger and more dangerous? At what point does it even make a difference? The scariest thing from the original was the velociraptors, not the T-rex. Having tens of thousands of people also robs the film of the feeling of isolation it originally had.

It's like they sat down and said "what looks cool" as opposed to "what looks real," and then proceeded to pull out the doodles from their 8th grade math class. I'm not too impressed thus far.
Really at this point I think they're just trying to have some fun with it. This franchise already lost its dignity when JP2 and its Peta bullshit rolled around the corner. And the first movie hardly had much of a message either beyond '*gasp* Wow, dinosaurs.' And it was not what I would call realistic, seeing as they increased the size of the raptors by two just to make them more intimidating. Also, I doubt any regular predator would so ceaselessly pursue its prey to the point that it would jump onto a rickety skeleton.

The original book was about the conundrum of pushing the advancement of genetics, but needing the questionable power of merchandise to make it happen. None of that ever really made it in any of the movies. The wow factor of seeing dinosaurs on screen already ran its course by the end of the first movie, so all they really have left now is the fun of watching dinosaurs stomp around. I mean, the only good thing about JP2 was the T-Rex rampage in San Diego.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Yup, I am more hyped up to watched it now!

Also pterodactyls picking up people? I thought they were trained or tame to not do that? I thought originall that scene, the hybrid dino entered that street or something.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
Also pterodactyls picking up people? I thought they were trained or tame to not do that? I thought originall that scene, the hybrid dino entered that street or something.
They are rescue pterodactyls that help clear the park when their is danger. :)

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
SonOfVoorhees said:
I want a deleted scene where Pratt starts a dance off with the Drex ala Guardians of the Galaxy.
Trufax: that's part of the film cut from the trailer. At about 15-17 seconds in, where Mr Pratt is standing being surrounded by raptors we don't yet get to see what comes next:

Ooh-oo child, things are gonna get easier..
Ooh-oo child, things'll get brighter

NOW BRING IT DOWN HARD!

*raptor glomp*

Bindal

May 14, 2012
This looks even less like a Jurassic Park movie than the previous trailer. More like a parody of Jurassic Park.

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
This movie seems so incredebly supid, i might be getting old, but i don't think i can take anymore of these "High concept action movies", they seem to be getting worse every year... I like Jurassic Park, but i like it because of the thriller elements, the slow build, characters up and the cinematic craftmanship, why turn it into silly action? Eh... Atleast there's plenty of interesting movies to choose from in the cinema, just unfortunate that there aren't any interesting action movies on the horizon...

Gigano

Whose Eyes Are Those Eyes?
Oct 15, 2009
Not that Velociraptor Squad vs. Mutant T-Rex need any more reason to exist, but just how is it a sequel to Jurassic Park?!