Jury rules Casey Anthony Not Guilty

HumpinHop

May 5, 2011
They just announced this recently and as of typing this message I see no threads on it.

I never followed the case, but my mom did and she's currently in tears over the verdict. She was deadset on her being guilty so this was a major upset for her.

How is everyone reacting to the verdict, yay or nay?

EDIT: Article here http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43636855/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/?GT1=43001

MorsePacific

Nov 5, 2008
You're actually the only person I've seen talking about it and I've been browsing news sites all morning. I don't actually know any of the details of the case, so I'll just go with the default "She's a baby-killer, let 'er hang".

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
Eh... I mean, I was expecting this.

Remember, this is happening in America.

Just tell your mom this: She may have been found "not guilty", but she wasn't found "innocent" by any means.

The Lesbian Flower

May 25, 2011
She had absolutely no reaction when the defense was telling how gruesome her child's death was and describing it in great detail but was in tears during her verdict. That doesn't seem right.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
Hammeroj said:
Never heard of the verdict, and never heard of Casey Anthony. Might help us common folk if you included a link at the very least, and some information with it.
agreed I have no idea what this whole thing is about

HumpinHop

May 5, 2011
Hammeroj said:
Never heard of the verdict, and never heard of Casey Anthony. Might help us common folk if you included a link at the very least, and some information with it.
My apologies, edited the OP to include an MSNBC article.

There was huge suspicion that a woman had killed her daughter then tried to hide it from the authorities for roughly a month. It was an incredibly fishy story from her own account and so, atleast in the U.S, it's gotten nonstop coverage for the past month.

Cormitt

Apr 16, 2009
Once more the US jury gets it wrong. No justice for the little girl. Oh well, leave it with the prosecutors for screwing up what would otherwise be a slam dunk.

Oh ya.. a second thought. She'd better move somewhere that has no television coverage of US news because someone's going to try and take her out.

Hatchet90

Nov 15, 2009
I have no words. I've been following this case since it's been brought up in court a month or so ago. Casey Anthony is guilty, she partied days after her child was reported "missing" (aka murdered) and had absolutely no emotion when: her mother broke out in tears and the death of her daughter was described in great detail. The only emotion she ever showed was when she got away with murder. I never have believed it before, but the system is fucked up. She wasn't even found guilty of child abuse even though she tied up her daughter with duct tape, tossed her in a bag, and threw her body in the woods.

Oh well, it was just a little girl.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Not that I had been following this incessant bullshit of a court case, but wasn't a major component of the prosecution that she supposedly searched for 'chloroform' on Google? If that's a legitimate line of prosecution now, I as a chemist am royally boned should I ever be accused of murdering somebody (like my neighbor, grrr). Anyway, don't give a toss either way. It's really not my business, you know..

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Wow, I'm kinda shocked at that verdict. From what information I had heard she was definitely a lying *****. The outrageous lies and down right BS stories; I find it hard to believe that a jury sat down and said "not guilty". Then again I wasn't part of the jury nor was I ever near the courtroom. Still not guilty doesn't always mean innocent, it can mean there was reasonable doubt amongst the jurors. Though to be honest I don't see how there was.

Zombus

Apr 29, 2009
I just read the article and from it alone I find it hard to believe in the innocence of the defendant. Maybe that was just the slant of the article. The way the defense tried not to prove her innocence, but to prove that the prosecution was not conclusive, makes me thing that they were hoping innocent that until proven guilty does actually mean something after all. I would probably have had an easier time believing in the defendant's innocence if she hadn't lied to the police and gone partying during the time her child was missing; which is frankly disgusting, how someone could be so careless when their child is missing, but not illegal.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
OK, so she's not guilty then. I don't see why your mother cried over it.

Grayjack

Jan 22, 2009
That is fucking bullshit. Like Onyx Oblivion said, it's like OJ all over again.

Joel Dawson

Jun 26, 2011
I thought she was just not found guilty of 1st degree murder. So was she let off on all charges?

Edit: Okay, I opened the article. Got it now.