Just Cause Developer Drops Awesome New Title Hints

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Just Cause Developer Drops Awesome New Title Hints

"PR people love leaks," says Avalanche's Christofer Sundberg, "they just pretend to be upset."

"PR people love leaks," Avalanche Studios' Christofer Sundberg Tweets, "they just pretend to be upset, and so do the lawyers sending me those letters." With that, Sundberg dished a small amount of dirt on his studio's upcoming - and as yet unnamed - title.

It's not much to go on but, judging by the instagram, kicking may be involved. Apparently Avalanche's PR people happened to be visiting the studio, and Sundberg couldn't resist temptation. He immediately posted the picture, Tweet [https://twitter.com/CHSundberg/status/301727892931489792], that "we're not next-gen exclusive", so if you're concerned about your hardware being able to play this title, worry ye not.

Avalanche is best known for its Just Cause titles, and its most recent, Just Cause 2, not only two years after Avalanche stopped directly supporting the game [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/2607-Top-5-of-2010]. Whether or not this is the next in the Just Cause series is an open question, one which Sundberg hopefully will be more forthcoming about, soon.

Source: Twitter [https://twitter.com/CHSundberg]

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
That just looks like JC3.

I could be wrong of course, but that pretty clearly looks like Rico hijacking a motorbike.

TheProfessor234

Aug 20, 2010
Just as long as they keep the feel of, "Action Movie: The Game," I don't care what it is.

It's awesome to see a game that just pure fun do well.

Jaeger_CDN

Aug 9, 2010
damn it,these are fresh pants and just creamed them after readin this.

please let it be JC3. JC2 was one of those few games where the demo is exactly like the real game

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
I smell multiplayer (official this time).
5000 players on a 500-square-mile island map, please? Maybe with player factions and persistent base takeover a la Planetside?

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
I can see Just Cause 3 having tons of potential if they do it right. JC2's main mechanics of blowing shit up and the grappling hook are amazing, all they need to do is streamline travel so it takes less time overall, and improve the gun play so it's less awkward.

Nalgas D. Lemur

Nov 20, 2009
DVS BSTrD said:
Best news is, "we're not next gen-exclusive" so we just might get our hands on this within a decent period of time.
Best news? That was the worst part for me. I want to see what they can do with more modern hardware. Not really in terms of graphics, but with more memory and processing power so they can have more characters and vehicles on screen in cities and fewer copy-paste buildings/locales and things like that. JC2 was more fun than is probably legally permissible in many places, but I'd really like an even more fleshed out world that I can interact with in even more ways and blow up even more parts of, which there are some very hard limits on with 7-8 year old console hardware.

An Ceannaire

Mar 5, 2012
Jaeger_CDN said:

please let it be JC3. JC2 was one of those few games where the demo is exactly like the real game
It was the only Demo that has ever convinced me to buy a game - well, that and the stellar Zero Punctuation review.

Jaeger_CDN

Aug 9, 2010
An Ceannaire said:
Jaeger_CDN said:

It was the only Demo that has ever convinced me to buy a game - well, that and the stellar Zero Punctuation review.
Think I played maybe 20 minutes in the demo before I threw money at them .... well over 200 hours later and I still love the game. Granted it has it's faults but it's still a damn good game