Just in time for the midterms, Breyer out of SCOTUS

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
...and of course the motley crew of neoliberal lobbyists behind Biden are going to nominate the successor, meaning we're going to end up with some far right dipshit who happens to tick key identity markers to suppress dissent, while quietly bringing the likelihood of a repeat of the Lochner era to 100%. And of course, the media will represent this as some watershed bipartisan moment uplifting a "moderate" while Republicans piss, moan, and whine about...whatever it is Republicans piss, moan, and whine about...despite being handed the keys to the castle when it comes to jurisprudence and policy.

See also, Merrick Garland's appointment and media representation, versus his actual jurisprudence. Though I have to admit, I was amazed at the Obama admin's ability to actually find someone to Scalia's right to replace Scalia, while still pretending the assclown was moderate.

Let Derp-Off 2022 commence.

And yes, I absolutely am anchoring this to a Fox News article for the specific purpose of pissing people off.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
I mean, we've already got republicans vowing to fight the black woman nominee, regardless of who she is, because she's obviously unqualified and a diversity hire.

The USA government is dunzo as a serious institution.

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
Breyer was one of the best IP law judges. The new judge whoever she will be will likely side with the RIAA. So that sucks.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
who happens to tick key identity markers
...wihch is the most important part of choosing one of the highest judges in the country. He has to make sure she's straight and cis though, so that later POTUSes still have remaining "glass ceilings" to break so we can play this same dissent-shedding game a few more times.