Just Learned Mira Furlan Died :(

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Mira Furlan, most known (at least in the US I would guess) for her roles in Lost, but for me, it was her role as Delenn on Babylon 5, died back on Jan. 20th :(

That....REALLLY fucking sucks as far as I'm concerned. Babylon 5 is my favorite scifi tv show of all time, hands down. And a large part of that love is due to Mira Furlan. I admit I have a weakness for older, strong, confident women, but not only did her character have a significant amount of poise, grace, strength, and quiet badassery, she was also a very funny character. With a fleshed out personality, flaws, and motivations that you could appreciate on pretty much every level, even if you didn't agree with her, which wasn't very often as she was a likeable character. Some of the most awesome scenes in that show, were centered around Delenn being either compassionate to others, or just Not Putting Up With Your Shit.

The actress herself, when I had seen her in various interviews, always came across as genuinely compassionate, caring, and overall a loveable human. And it really really bums me out to know she's dead.

In Valen's Name Mira, until we meet in the place with no shadows.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Aww, that's a shame. I liked her on LOST, and thought it a shame when her character was brought back only to be promptly killed off.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Mira Furlan, most known (at least in the US I would guess) for her roles in Lost, but for me, it was her role as Delenn on Babylon 5, died back on Jan. 20th :(

That....REALLLY fucking sucks as far as I'm concerned. Babylon 5 is my favorite scifi tv show of all time, hands down. And a large part of that love is due to Mira Furlan. I admit I have a weakness for older, strong, confident women, but not only did her character have a significant amount of poise, grace, strength, and quiet badassery, she was also a very funny character. With a fleshed out personality, flaws, and motivations that you could appreciate on pretty much every level, even if you didn't agree with her, which wasn't very often as she was a likeable character. Some of the most awesome scenes in that show, were centered around Delenn being either compassionate to others, or just Not Putting Up With Your Shit.

The actress herself, when I had seen her in various interviews, always came across as genuinely compassionate, caring, and overall a loveable human. And it really really bums me out to know she's dead.

In Valen's Name Mira, until we meet in the place with no shadows.
Indeed, she joins her colleagues exploring beyond the rim :(

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Not a Lost fan, but sad to see a well known actress and good person gone.