Justice League 2017 Info Drop: Logo and Synopsis revealed

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
http://collider.com/justice-league-movie-synopsis/

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/justice-league-logo.jpg

"Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman?s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes?Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash?it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions."

Not really buying Bats being "inspired" by Superman's "sacrifice". Doomsday and his energy-absorption powers were indeed a huge threat to the world, but I feel like BvS never raised him to threat level even close to what happened in MoS.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
More info: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/justice_league/justice-league-character-costume-and-plot-details-revealed-a142773

Some cool things, like Mera and traveling to Atlantis and Themyscira. Some eyebrow-raising ones, like the already revealed return of Superman. with longer hair and a new costume. Are we getting Steel, hipster Superboy, and the other guy too?

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
The action is all I care about. And BvS and Man of Steel did not dissipoint on that front for me.

Just the idea of seeing Darkseid recking shit up is gonna be hype.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
So wait, is Superman just chilling in his funeral or something when this is happening?

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
So wait, is Superman just chilling in his funeral or something when this is happening?
Superman is totally dead and certainly not going to take part in some lame, Jesus-like 'Resurrect at the last minute to save the world after Batman and friends fuck it up, making the whole movie completely pointless' dues ex machina movie ender. No sir, you can trust that's not gonna happen.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
"Superman's selfless act." In other words, they want to allude to his death, but can't say it out loud since some people still haven't watched BvS.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
AccursedTheory said:
Scarim Coral said:
Superman is totally dead and certainly not going to take part in some lame, Jesus-like 'Resurrect at the last minute to save the world after Batman and friends fuck it up, making the whole movie completely pointless' dues ex machina movie ender. No sir, you can trust that's not gonna happen.

Expecting originality and cleverness in a Superhero movies is like expecting a lion to not eat meat.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
undeadsuitor said:
Samtemdo8 said:
AccursedTheory said:
Scarim Coral said:

Expecting originality and cleverness in a Superhero movies is like expecting a lion to not eat meat.
Marvel seems to do just fine. ;)
Eh a mixed bag of movies.

IOwnTheSpire

Jul 27, 2014
Johnny Novgorod said:
I like how they're pretending Superman is totally not coming back in this one.
Actually, the producers have already admitted that Superman is coming back in the film, just not how.

I really hope that, after a rough start, things will go well for DC. I feel a lot of the negative reactions are out of disappointment more than anything, wanting to like these movies. I enjoyed MoS but thought BvS was severely flawed, and with Geoff Johns on board, I'm hoping for the best.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
I like how they're pretending Superman is totally not coming back in this one.
Justice League Part 2. I can see the post-credit scene of JLP1 already...the League as it is beaten and having just barely escaped...Batman standing at Superman's Memorial...then it cracks in half and a fist raises up from the ground. There was a Superman monument/grave site in BvS, wasn't there?

---

Eh...it doesn't sound that bad. Kinda like what the New 52 Justice League did only with some foresight instead of SUDDENLY PARADEMONS! I hope to see Mamoa do his, "OH YEAH!?" followed by sharks thing on the big screen. I feel like Steel, Superboy and Cyborg Superman could be their own movies but I don't think we'll see those any time soon.

megaflash

May 28, 2014
undeadsuitor said:
Samtemdo8 said:
And I'll gladly take a mixed bag over a bag full of shit with maybe one redeeming quality (okay looking yet visually boring action sequences)
I rather enjoyed both bags, even though I found BvS to be a bit underwhelming.

Jute88

Sep 17, 2015
Interesting, but how on earth are Bruce and Diana going to convince these metahumans that they need to join forces? They have next to no evidence (crazy Lex Joker is not enough, nor Bruce's future-dream). Besides, who would want to join in an organisation where Batman, a somewhat unstable and violent vigilante, is a member of?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Jute88 said:
Besides, who would want to join in an organisation where Batman, a somewhat unstable and violent vigilante, is a member of?
Or, y'know, have no superpowers.

Never followed superheroes much, but it's always baffled me why Batman would be a part of the Justice League when his greatest strengths lie in stealth and operating alone.

Samtemdo8 said:
Just the idea of seeing Darkseid recking shit up is gonna be hype.
Scuttlebutt is that Stepenwolfe is the villain (don't know who that is).

Samtemdo8 said:
undeadsuitor said:
Samtemdo8 said:
AccursedTheory said:
Scarim Coral said:

Eh, I'd say more a bunch of average movies with a few genuinely good ones.

Jute88

Sep 17, 2015
Hawki said:
Jute88 said:
Besides, who would want to join in an organisation where Batman, a somewhat unstable and violent vigilante, is a member of?
Or, y'know, have no superpowers.

Never followed superheroes much, but it's always baffled me why Batman would be a part of the Justice League when his greatest strengths lie in stealth and operating alone.
Does everyone have to be superman? Every character in every group should bring something different to the table that no one else can. Batman's stealth can be essential in some missions, while others require Superman's muscles. That way the group remains flexible enough to handle different kinds of problems.

Samtemdo8 said:
undeadsuitor said:
Samtemdo8 said:
AccursedTheory said:
Scarim Coral said:

Eh, I'd say more a bunch of average movies with a few genuinely good ones.
Couldn't agree more. I watched 6 Marvel movies for the first time this year and they all seemed pretty average to me.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
Jute88 said:
Interesting, but how on earth are Bruce and Diana going to convince these metahumans that they need to join forces? They have next to no evidence (crazy Lex Joker is not enough, nor Bruce's future-dream). Besides, who would want to join in an organisation where Batman, a somewhat unstable and violent vigilante, is a member of?
I assume Cyborg is going to be their first entry into the League. He possesses one of the three motherboxes, so maybe he has extra info. Alternatively, they could do it JL War style and have Parademon scouting parties that attack Central City, Atlantis, Themyscira, etc.

And yeah, as much as I enjoyed him in BvS, they absolutely fucked up Batman as a team player. He is the kind of person who makes up his mind about killing someone before he has even met him face to face.