Justice League movie to shoot next year and aims for a summer 2015 release

Antonio Torrente

Feb 19, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
I wish I could tell you that the Script fought the good fight, and the Studio Executives let him be. I wish I could tell you that, but Hollywood is no fairy-tale world.
I am not gonna be surprised if there's a heavy Executive Meddling [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ExecutiveMeddling] involved. Come to think of it, that seems to be WB's preferred approach to its superhero movies.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
I'm going to start building the fallout bunker on the 59% chance that this film would bomb miserably. Warner Brother's only doing this to compete with The Avengers, and not much else.

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
Antonio Torrente said:
I have a question, do you think 3 and a half years is enough for a movie this magnitude to be made let be alone good or at least watchable? not to mention having to compete with an already established franchise like the Avengers. Just your opinion pal.
People are going to make comparisons between JL and The Avengers, it's inevitable.

That Avengers is so successful could be attributed to the build up, maybe. But that doesn't make it a good movie automatically. The Avengers movie stands on its own. JL might become less successful because it lacks the build up The Avengers had, but that will not be the reason the movie is going to suck. Batman had Christopher Nolan. What did all the other WB superhero movies had? Nothing.

WB already made plans to reboot Batman even before the 3rd movie came out, to make Batman more in line with JL.

No, I do not have any hopes for this.

SuperSamio64

Nov 4, 2010
The reason Avengers worked was because the characters were established in their own films beforehand. Unless they've secretly filmed Flash, Wonder Woman etc. films, this isn't going to have the same impact. Shame, seeing as I love DC comics more than Marvel and really want this to be good.

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
aba1 said:
I feel they should take their time and establish all the characters before hand much like Marvel did if they are going to make this movie.
Well in some way Marvel has put down a lot of groundwork for them already. While there was certainly an aspect of giving each character proper time to develop themselves, the Marvel films were more greatly needed to introduce a wider audience who simply didn't know that these characters share a universe.

You average person can just now points and say "oh, Batman and Superman are doing that thing that Ironman and the Hulk did." And while there is potential for the characters to feel less fleshed out, The Avengers was still able to introduce several new characters and a new actor taking quite a different spin on one of the existing ones.