Justice League movie to shoot next year and aims for a summer 2015 release

Antonio Torrente

Feb 19, 2010
So here we go again, another JL movie news. I'm getting tired of rumors and news about this movie.

According to this L.A. Times article [http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-justice-league-superman-20121018,0,6421111.story] after WB/DC's legal victory on the rights of Superman a few days ago, they will now finally (again) accelerate the development of the Justice League movie which will join Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and other characters according to a knowledgeable person not authorized to discuss the matter publicly (I think this is the part where we have to take this news with a grain of salt).

Warner hopes to shoot the film next year and release it in the summer of 2015. The studio already has a "Justice League" script in the works. Next it needs to attach a director and then cast the lead roles.

So guys your thoughts on this.

I just hope this movie won't fail but given WB's horrible history when it comes to comicbook superhero movies that isn't Batman (with the exception of Batman and Robin) and Superman (Superman 3, 4 and Returns does not exist), its almost a forgone conclusion that this movie will fail.

I'm still hoping the best though.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
I feel they should take their time and establish all the characters before hand much like Marvel did if they are going to make this movie.

Antonio Torrente

Feb 19, 2010
aba1 said:
I feel they should take their time and establish all the characters before hand much like Marvel did if they are going to make this movie.
They are not gonna do it unfortunately, they are gonna do the opposite approach. Team up movie first, solo movies to branch-out later. Will that kind of approach succeed is still a big question.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
Antonio Torrente said:
aba1 said:
They are not gonna do it unfortunately, they are gonna do the opposite approach. Team up movie first, solo movies to branch-out later. Will that kind of approach succeed is still a big question.
They will probably fuck it up. DC has a different approach to the term of superheros than Marvel does, so it'll be fun. To be honest I would rather see some vertigo getting attention but I'll be buggered before John Constantine gets into the same frame as swamp monster... I just hope that a geek fan working in Hollywod would finally get a break. Hope, guys. That's all it takes.
Hope.

Antonio Torrente

Feb 19, 2010
TheIronRuler said:
Antonio Torrente said:
aba1 said:
They will probably fuck it up. DC has a different approach to the term of superheros than Marvel does, so it'll be fun. To be honest I would rather see some vertigo getting attention but I'll be buggered before John Constantine gets into the same frame as swamp monster... I just hope that a geek fan working in Hollywod would finally get a break. Hope, guys. That's all it takes.
Hope.
You know what else is gonna be shown in 2015? That's right Avengers 2, WB just wants to compete with their own superhero team.

If this happens (It's still a big "If") I'm pretty sure the flame war between DC and Marvel fanboys will be bloody. Hope you bring popcorn.

Shadowstar38

Jul 20, 2011
The Justice League animated series kick off knowing we'd only know about Batman and Superman. Yet they were able to give everyone some character and bring them in far a world saving team effort in what I think was 40 minutes.

Marvel's approach was a good one, but it doesn't have to be replicated for this to work.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I wonder if Supes will be the Man of Steel version, I'm kind of excited about that releasing.

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
they could make a jl movie with out having to do a movie for each hero becuase the dc universe is more ingrained in culture then the marvel one

Folji

Jul 21, 2010
CommanderL said:
they could make a jl movie with out having to do a movie for each hero becuase the dc universe is more ingrained in culture then the marvel one
Both the DC and Marvel universe are ingrained in culture to some degree, but neither really scratch the surface of everything they've got to offer. Just look at Black Widow and Hawkeye when they were introduced, it'll be the same story in a Justice League movie with characters like the Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl.

Adaephon

Jun 15, 2009
Just wondering but,have any hints of the exact roster of the team been released yet? I mean obviusly Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman (please, please make a new live action wonder woman that isn't terrible) The Flash and The Martian Manhunter are gonna be there, but who else? There's gonna be a Green Lantern probably but which one? Are DC/Warner Bros gonna try and get everyone to forget about how badly they butchered Hal Jordan by doing him right or by using Guy Gardner/Kyle Rainer/John Stewart, or just go all out and throw in Alan Scott, just for the hell of it? I'm guessing that since Warner bros is going to try and add a bit more diversity to the team they'll go for John Stewart (he is probably the second best known Green Lantern after all) and then throw in Hawkwoman or Hawk Girl to have a second woman on the team as well as trying to make everyone remember how well Bruce Timm managed to pull off Justice League stories.

So with that I guess it's looking to be either full ressurection of the original team (Supes, Bats, Wondy, GL (Hal Jordan), Manhunter, Flash (Barry Allen) and Aquaman or recreating the Animated league, either way could be good though so whatever. Anyways, as a big DC fanboy I'm glad that this is happening and I really hope that they put a competent group of people in charge of directing/acting this thing and just generally don't screw it up.

Personally I don't see a problem with making a team-up first and then having the individual movies play out, since that is exactly how I (and I'm assuming many others) got into comic books (first book was Crisis on Infinite Earths and then I branched out into the individual characters that I liked) so I don't see why any new fans are going to have a problem with this, unless they do something dumb like make a ton of injokes and references that non-comic fans won't understand unless they see the later films.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
I think they're going to stuff it up. Oh I want it to be good, but I can't shake the feeling that they're going to rush it so it'll be ready in time to compete with The Avengers 2... Which is a stupid plan because nobody is going to go see two different Superhero Team-Up movies on the same weekend; they'll go see the sequel to the one they liked and probably not bother with the other one.

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
the darknees abyss said:
are they just doing this because of the avengers movie
I can see the conversation...

DC & Warner brothers: Oh, that Avengers movie made a lot of money for Marvel studios. I wonder what would happen if we had our own super-hero team movie...

Some executive: Well...Marvel made about four years of movies to establish most of the characters...We already got Batman and a Superman movie coming up.

DC & Warner brothers: Perfect, that should be enough for a Justice league movie right?

A fan: What about Wonder woman, the Flash, J'onn J'onzz?

DC & WB: Who?

Fan: You already made a Green lantern movie too. What about that guy?

DC & WB: THERE IS NO GREEN LANTERN! LALALALALAL WE CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALALA!

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Some directors I would love to see do the film would be Christopher Nolan, Peter Jackson, Zack Snyder, Bryan Singer, or Joss Whedon.

I think Bruce Wayne/Batman should be CGI or have the actor's voice removed so that they can have Kevin Conroy do the voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Nantucket_v1legacy

acting on my best behaviour
Mar 6, 2012
Even if this film bombs I will probably love it just because all my favourite characters will be on screen.

Green Lantern, Aquaman, Wonderwoman, Superman, Flash, Martian Manhunter (I HOPE)... this should look sweet if the plot blows. I wonder if Green Arrow will appear? Sigh, I've gone all fangirl now.

Roll on 2015.

Idocreating

Apr 16, 2009
Bat Vader said:
Some directors I would love to see do the film would be Christopher Nolan, Peter Jackson, Zack Snyder, Bryan Singer, or Joss Whedon.

I think Bruce Wayne/Batman should be CGI or have the actor's voice removed so that they can have Kevin Conroy do the voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman.
Nolan is instantly out. He's already stated he doesn't want Superman or the more fantastical people in Batman's rogues gallery in his films. His style may work for Batman, but not for other members of the JL.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
Safe guess that Joss Whedon is out, I would bet anything that Marvel would write him a huge check just to keep him "in house" aka from working with DC.

Roster wise besides the big 3 I'm guessing Flash, Manhunter, Black Canary? My gut tells me there's going to be more then 1 woman on the team and BC's powers are easier for live-action then say Hawk-girl or Zatanna. And of course a GL, in which I'm guessing would be John Stewart since their Hal didn't work out so well.....

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
The Avengers being one of the most successful movies ever, WB is seeing $_$ the money. No wonder they want to make a Justice League movie ASAP. Unfortunately, the movie is doomed from the start. It's going in the same direction as Green Lantern and The Fantastic Four.

I had high hopes for The Avengers. I have no hope whatsoever for Justice League.

Then again, maybe this will happen...

...Nah, it won't.

Antonio Torrente

Feb 19, 2010
4RM3D said:
The Avengers being one of the most successful movies ever, WB is seeing $_$ the money. No wonder they want to make a Justice League movie ASAP. Unfortunately, the movie is doomed from the start. It's going in the same direction as Green Lantern and The Fantastic Four.

I had high hopes for The Avengers. I have no hope whatsoever for Justice League.

Then again, maybe this will happen...

...Nah, it won't.
I have a question, do you think 3 and a half years is enough for a movie this magnitude to be made let be alone good or at least watchable? not to mention having to compete with an already established franchise like the Avengers. Just your opinion pal.