Justice League movie, who could play who?

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
Superman: The only logical choice is Henry Cavill, unless WB does a real dumb move by just making a JL movie from scratch...

Batman: This is open to debate, but any good actor can do Batman, but for Bruce Wayne, why not Ryan Gossling? Great actor, can easily pull off a playboy, just needs a grity voice for batman. Maybe Sam Worthington?

Green Lantern Hal Jordan: Nathan Fillion, No need for explaination here

The Flash/Barry Allen: Two possibilities for me. Either Ryan Reynolds or Neil Patrick Harris, I think either of those two could pull it off.

John Jonzz, anybody voiced by Sir James Earl Jones(this is out of left field, it just has to be someone with a deeper voice)

Green Arrow: won't be in the movie XD

Cyborg: If we go new 52, let's go Don Cheadle, I don't give a shit that he's Rhody. He's one of my favorite actors. Or we would have to go young and unknown here.

Wonder Woman: This is, in my humble opinion, the hardest role to fill, the only person I can think of who could have pulled this off is Angelina Jolie but she's kind of old now, I don't really know any actresses that have the build and are powerful on screen. Maybe Arnold Schwarzenegger in a wig with fake boobs.

Edit:Found Wonder Woman, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gina_Carano

What do you guys think?

Captcha: Want more? Why yes, yes I do.

Amethyst Wind

Apr 1, 2009
Depending on how convincing his American accent is, Rupert Grint as The Flash, since I can't think up any other redheaded actors in the appropriate age range.

Green Lantern will probably still be Ryan Reynolds so they can imitate Marvel's movie-verse some more with continuity. (I actually didn't mind the Green Lantern movie, just couldn't care much because I know more about John Stewart than Hal Jordan)

Cyborg won't be in it, he's too closely tied with Teen Titans.

Alexander Skarsgård as Aquaman.

CommanderL

May 12, 2011
batman James mcavoy or Brandon Routh -he was really good in the fighting sences from chuck

superman henry cavil
green lantern Fillon of course
Flash It would be ryan renolds he has the flash feel to him

green arrow justin hartly
wonderwoman CHARLIZE THERON
Martian manhunter could be anyone acted by anyone voiced by anyone
cyborg donald glover

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
I'm not much for Nathan Filion, I would go for Freddie Prinze, Jr. to play Green Lantern, I think given a shot at the character like that, he could do real well.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
chozo_hybrid said:
I'm not much for Nathan Filion, I would go for Freddie Prinze, Jr. to play Green Lantern, I think given a shot at the character like that, he could do real well.
Freddy Prince Jr. Really? I find him one dimentional. Fred from scooby doo was the same guy that played James in ME3

2HF

May 24, 2011

Lauren Graham is your Wonder Woman. Or at least, she's my Wonder Woman.

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
chozo_hybrid said:
Freddy Prince Jr. Really? I find him one dimentional. Fred from scooby doo was the same guy that played James in ME3

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
Fillion is too old to play Hal Jordan.

Lena Headey should play Wonder Woman.

There's rumors of Armie Hammer playing Bruce Wayne (which isn't a bad idea).

If Chris Hemsworth wasn't playing Thor, he'd be the perfect choice for Aquaman.

That's my two cents. I still can't figure out the rest.

Klutzz

Hold my beer.
Dec 6, 2010
Let's see. Christopher Walken could play the entire league, as well as the villain. It would be glorious.

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
Amethyst Wind said:
In public consciousness maybe but in the DC comics universe not at all any more. And DC has been very "Ignore it" in regards to anything that isn't fitting the "New" 52 continuity now a days I could easily see that continuing on in the new movie-verse.

ohnoitsabear

Feb 15, 2011
Klutzz said:
Let's see. Christopher Walken could play the entire league, as well as the villain. It would be glorious.
This is the only way I will be guaranteed to see the film. Hell, every movie should have every character played by Christopher Walken. The quality of movies would be dramatically improved.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
mattttherman3 said:
chozo_hybrid said:
Sometimes people need a certain role to truly shine, look at Heath Ledger, nobody thought that the guy from a Knights Tale would do the joker any justice when first announced to be playing the role.

Plus Nathan Filion is getting a bit old for a role like GL.

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
Just to fuck with comic fans minds: SAM JACKSON AS MARTIAN MAN HUNTER!

Also, why the fuck are you debating Green Lantern? While the movie wasn't that successful odds are that it's going to be Ryan Renolds, in fact I think it would be a stupid move not to do that. And if they're smart they'll get Bale to be Batman again.

It's not that I like Renolds' Lantern, or Bale's Batman, it's just that maintaining the same face on iconic character is in the company's best interests.

I hope I wasn't the only one pissed by the lack of Edward Norton's Bruce Banner in Avengers.

Another way to look at it is this: One of the big reasons the Avengers fit into it's already bulging 2 hours is because they didn't really have to introduce a lot of the characters, in fact Banner was the only unfamiliar face, and they did have to give him an extra scene where he's introduced and explained.

If you change all the actors you may have to do that with everyone, resulting in a laboriously slow start. I mean, yeah, with Batman and Superman you just have to slap the logo on their chest and people should be okay, but with the rest it might be a bit harder of a sale.

AnotherAvatar

Sep 18, 2011
CommanderL said:
batman James mcavoy or Brandon Routh -he was really good in the fighting sences from chuck

superman henry cavil
green lantern Fillon of course
Flash It would be ryan renolds he has the flash feel to him

green arrow justin hartly
wonderwoman CHARLIZE THERON
Martian manhunter could be anyone acted by anyone voiced by anyone
cyborg donald glover
This is insane. So former-Superman should play Batman, and current-Green Lantern should play the Flash?

Fuck man. Are you trying to confuse the children this movie is being made for?

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
DeimosMasque said:
Amethyst Wind said:
In public consciousness maybe but in the DC comics universe not at all any more. And DC has been very "Ignore it" in regards to anything that isn't fitting the "New" 52 continuity now a days I could easily see that continuing on in the new movie-verse.
Speaking as the "public consciousness" IE I don't read comics, I don't know who that is so you could throw it into any group and I would care. Well as long as it was well done.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I think Brandon Routh and Christan Bale should reprise their roles as Superman and Batman respectively. As for the rest... I don't know.

DeimosMasque

I'm just a Smeg Head
Jun 30, 2010
Eddie the head said:
DeimosMasque said:
Amethyst Wind said:
Speaking as the "public consciousness" IE I don't read comics, I don't know who that is so you could throw it into any group and I would care. Well as long as it was well done.
And that's true too. Unless you watched the Teen Titans cartoon you have no idea who Cyborg done.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
CommanderL said:
batman Brandon Routh -he was really good in the fighting sences from chuck
..have former Superman be Batman?? Or is this a game where we pretend Superman Returns never happened?