justice_league_x_rwby_crossover__by_venom_rules_all_decbku5-pre.jpg

written by MARGUERITE BENNETT
art by ANEKE
cover by MIRKA ANDOLFO
card stock variant cover by TBD
ON SALE 4/27/21
$3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 1 OF 7 | FC | DC
CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99 US
The DC Universe and the world of RWBY collide in this new miniseries! Discover the Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, and Diana Prince of Remnant as Team RWBY comes face to face with new versions of DC's paragons of justice. A new Grimm is running rampant around the island of Patch, and Ruby and Yang must team up with a young farm boy to stop it! Meanwhile, Blake meets a mysterious woman who's appeared on Menagerie, but what is her purpose? And why does she act like she hasn't been around modern society?

Reactions: BrawlMan

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Bizarre.

I guess im still in my bubble where RWBY was just this strange - and quite poorly received - show on YouTube, but I guess it has grown into quite a legitimate and recognisable franchise, with all of the crossover stuff that RWBY has been a part of, recently.

I must admit though, im really liking this design for Wonder Woman.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Someone is stealing good fan fic ideas from the Internet. I am happy for both fans and franchises and wish the best of luck to this crossover.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
DC comics still desperately looking for an identity, I see.

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
If you combine one shitty thing with another, maybe they will negate each other's shittiness? Become so bad it's good?

Don't hold out hope.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
How does DC Comics lack an identity? I say "DC Comics," people will probably have a clear idea of what that entails.
Do they though? Does the image you hold in your head actually reflect the books DC is currently releasing? Or is it actually the image of, say, the worlds of DC as Bruce Timm envisaged them?

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Do they though? Does the image you hold in your head actually reflect the books DC is currently releasing? Or is it actually the image of, say, the worlds of DC as Bruce Timm envisaged them?
This is a weird conclusion to come to based on a crossover that hasn't even come out yet.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
It's a single cover of a single comic series. Maybe it's indicative of a wider trend, but while the artwork on display may differ from the RWBY and DC 'standards,' it doesn't put those 'standards' into an identity crisis.

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
keep in mind that the Justice League also had a crossover power rangers witch I've heard was really good so theirs hope for this

Also, this seems like one of those in a "separate crossovers Universe" Crossovers which explains why the Justice League looks weird here.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
What? Why? Is RWBY popular enough to warrant this? I mean I guess it did do a Smite crossover... Hmm.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
What? Why? Is RWBY popular enough to warrant this?
I have no idea.

No, seriously, I have no idea. I have no idea why RWBY is so popular. The action is empty spectacle. The characters are cliche. The animation is lacking. And from what I've read, the plot and worldbuilding is terribly planned. And yet by most metrics, it's Rooster Teeth's most popular show.

Of course, opinions are like assholes, and while my asshole has done its share of emitting methane, all the other assholes have apparently spoken.

Also, obligatory YouTube thanks to Dalisclock:

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
It's a single cover of a single comic series. Maybe it's indicative of a wider trend, but while the artwork on display may differ from the RWBY and DC 'standards,' it doesn't put those 'standards' into an identity crisis.
I'm not talking about the art, I'm talking about DC having no real idea what their characters are for.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I'm not talking about the art, I'm talking about DC having no real idea what their characters are for.
I don't follow. This isn't the first time DC characters have crossed over with another IP, and it won't be the last.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
DC actually has a strong track record of doing stuff like this not connected to the main set of books either as promotional items for something else - AniComi Girls is an example of that - or just as fun one offs to give their writers something to do that isn't mainline/mainstream. Its probably also a neat way of blooding in new talent they've hired.

So yes, things like this are what I see when I imagine DC comics.

Legomaniac91

Feb 24, 2021
Country
United States
I was expecting it to be a crossover with the main JLA, like the one they did a few years ago with the Boom Studios Power Rangers series, instead of Remnant's version of the Justice League. Still, this could be interesting.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
This is my only experience with RWBY, and I legit was shocked when it turned out Rooster Teeth were the ones doing it. Like what, the Red Vs Blue guys? I stopped watching them like a decade ago, but damned if they didn't turn their little 2min machinima spiff of Halo into an actual media development company. Now if only their animators and voice actors could stop harassings little girls they'd be a legit production company...
.......wait....