Kanye West Finally Approves of Twitter

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Kanye West Finally Approves of Twitter

After holding out for quite some time, Kanye West now says it's okay for people to use Twitter.

Do you require rappers to approve before you partake in social networking? I do, which is why I didn't use Twitter until I learned that Kanye West [http://www.amazon.com/Graduation-Kanye-West/dp/B000RG1FMO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1280505022&sr=8-1] recently changed his tune on the service. Previously thinking Twitter was useless, West now has a Twitter account as of this week.

West once wrote on his blog: "Why would I use Twitter? I only blog five percent of what I'm up to in the first place. I'm actually slow delivering content because I'm too busy actually being creative most of the time - and if I'm not, and I'm just laying on a beach, I wouldn't need to tell the world. Everything that Twitter offers, I need less of."

Something appears to have changed his mind, as West is all up in the Twitterverse now, and he even took the time to celebrate by heading to Twitter headquarters [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdLn_swmOHg] for an impromptu performance. Quite frankly, his tweets couldn't be more worth following. His very first tweet read: "Up early in the morning taking meetings in Silicone Valley." He followed it with: "Lol I spelled Silicon wrong." Delicious.

Since then he's acquired more than 300,000 followers and updated these fans with tweets such as "I hate stickers on laptops" and "Don't you hate when girls send you a picture of ... anything other themselves!!!" I hate both of those things too Kanye.

So what made West change his mind about the service? One might think it was the mighty dollar, but West tweeted: "I'm not getting paid to say any of this............. yet........ hahahhaha." So, yeah, it was probably money, and the realization that Twitter is kind of a popular thing that people use and a good way to advertise one's self.

Source: Wired [http://twitter.com/kanyewest]

Darktau

Totally Ergo Proxy
Mar 10, 2009
He still thinks people cares what he says/thinks? Someone should tell him no-one does. (Oh and punch him in the chest for good measure)(like a proper anime style punch)(or in the face)

EDIT: may be too harsh, but still funny :D

Dec 14, 2009
Thank god for that, I was waiting for him to let me join Twitter, I keep asking but he never lets me finish, then he talks about Facebook being the 'best of all time' or something to that effect.

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
If only more rappers could resort to trolling each other's twitter and facebook accounts rather than gunning each other, and any other random bystander, down in the streets.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Finally man! I have been holding out forever for this moment. Well, now that Jesus has made an account and all, I can finally get down to tweeting!

Also,Kanye , do you like fish sticks? Like, in your mouth?

Feb 13, 2008
Inb4

"Kanye, I'm really happy for you, and I'm gonna let you finish, but Stephen Fry had one of the best twitter approvals of all time. Of all time!

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Ahh Kanye, I hate it too when my Uber-creativity stops me from typing 140 characters.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Wow never thought I'd hold out on something more Stubbornly Than KanYe 'this girl dont deserve her award' West!

Oh Well... Maybe I'll cave before the next hateful idiot. doubtful though I just cant stand the bland and generally idiotic things Social Media Causes

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
Oh thank monkey christ.
And here was I losing sleep over this shit.
Now I can tweet knowing Kanye does not look on in disapproval. My entire life has officially been rendered valid.