Keanu Reeves Is an Action Hero Again in John Wick

harpere

May 20, 2014
Keanu Reeves Is an Action Hero Again in John Wick

John Wick is a solid action flick -- just don't go in expecting more.

Read Full Article

Venatio

Sep 6, 2009
I thought it was a good plot. Theon Greyjoy comes in and beats me up, takes my car and kills my dog. My dog! It's on now Reek, it's on!

This sounds good though, I might even see it before the end of the year.

BinaryOverride

Sep 30, 2014
Those mobsters need to watch mad max 2. If i learned one thing form this movie it's that you don't kill someone's dog.
Can't wait for John Wick, i realy enjoy Keanu Reeves movies.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Damn that movie looks fun.

Plus I have a soft spot for Keanu Reeves, he seems like a genuinely nice guy.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I would've loved to be in the same room when they pitched this movie. "Some Russian mobsters kill Keanu's dog, so he kills them back".

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
I so need this movie in my life. I've been hearing a lot of good buzz about it. From the trailers, it looks like a balls-to-the-wall hard R action movie in the same staple as Dredd 3D. Hope that this reaches my theaters and that the audience goes to see this in full force.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Venatio said:
I thought it was a good plot. Theon Greyjoy comes in and beats me up, takes my car and kills my dog. My dog! It's on now Reek, it's on!

This sounds good though, I might even see it before the end of the year.
The part of this premise that gets me is how if this John Wick guy is that good, they were able to beat him up to begin with. Reading the set up alone (not having seen the movie) when this guy say clears out an entire room of professional enforcers from the local syndicate or whatever, it seems to me I'd be wondering why he didn't do that to begin with.

That said it sounds surprisingly similar to how they re-envisioned The Equalizer. I'd imagine we'll have Bob doing something about how "wow, what I like to call Dad movies sure are coming back....". :)

My favorite movie of this type however remains Payback (with Mel Gibson), I thought that was one of the best "by chance you just happened to mess with the wrong guy (and not properly finish him off)" movies to date. In that one they made how he wound up in that situation fairly convincing as well despite his skills, simply on merits of trust. You don't have to beat the guy to shoot him in the back, so to speak.

BigTallGuy

Sep 19, 2014
The movie would be so much more badass if the puppys death/john wicks anger wasn't tied to a long gone wife. its a sentimental value that the audience doesn't really need. Having the MC destroy a criminal organization over only a dead puppy is so much more badass, and can be taken as a satire of these kinds of action movies plotlines. with a wife tied in, it just becomes it.

missed opportunity i guess... still will probably go watch it, because even halfway good action movies are so f*cking rare these days.

Seracen

Sep 20, 2009
Looks fun, dunno about the hero's name though. Also, Theon seems to be making a living being the whipping boy in all his roles nowadays...

Love seeing Keanu in these roles, he seems to have fun with stuff like this.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Jesus Christ, don't openan article like that. I actually thought Keanu lost his wife, car, and dog. I'm not gullible, Keanu just has one of the most cursed lives I've ever seen. Seriously, if be monotone too if I went through everything he did. It's nice to see him find work though, he doesn't show up in very much anymore.

Razorback0z

Feb 10, 2009
Reek screws up AGAIN! KR accepts he cant direct to save himself and returns to his roots. Hell I might even watch it.

8BitArchitect

Sep 24, 2014
Though we get the feeling Wick could have lived with the other insults, losing the dog -- a final gift from his wife -- was just too much. That's an unfortunate thing for the gangsters who make up our cast of protagonists, because John Wick is a retired super-assassin who's about to come out of retirement.
Typo? I think that "gangsters who decided they wanted his car... so they broke into his house, beat him up, stole his car, and killed his new puppy." better falls within the category of "antagonists", but I can't be too sure...

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
That's an unfortunate thing for the gangsters who make up our cast of protagonists
So... the gangsters are the main characters of the movie?
Strictly speaking, a protagonist is not a good guy, they are the main character. Villains can be protagonists too.

JarinArenos

Jan 31, 2012
Might watch on redbox. - to clarify, that's reasonably high level of interest for me. The only non-marvel movie I've seen in theaters in the past few years was... Lego? I think so.

Capcha: winter is coming
I thought that guy looked familiar!

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
This movie is not a biopic about the man who created the pen and paper RPGs Legend of the Five Rings and 7th Sea. I cannot forgive it for that failure of subject material.