Keeping Your iPhone 6 in Your Pocket May be Warping it - Update 2

Revolutionary

Pub Club Am Broken
May 30, 2009
I thought apple thralls would just expect this kind of shenanigans at this point. Oh well, you get what you pay for...unless it's an apple product apparently, then you only get what you deserve.

J-Dig

Oct 25, 2011
From past experience, I'm gonna guess this won't matter to prospective buyers because "Apple".

It also only has to last until the next product launch.

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
I'm sorry I can't hear your flimsy apple products over the sound of my still perfectly functional (through several drops, exposure to rain and sand and being kept in a teenager's pocket with keys) 4 year old Sony Xperia Play.

Plastic frames hold up a ton better simply because they can flex a little to absorb impacts then bounce back on if they do crack you gen generally glue them back together so long as they aren't too badly damaged.

Seriously I wish people wouldn't buy Apple products just on the brand anymore they are far too overpriced and made with expensive sounding but cheap and shoddy components like aluminium and Foxconn electronics.

kuolonen

Nov 19, 2009
vallorn said:
I'm sorry I can't hear your flimsy apple products over the sound of my still perfectly functional (through several drops, exposure to rain and sand and being kept in a teenager's pocket with keys) 4 year old Sony Xperia Play.

Plastic frames hold up a ton better simply because they can flex a little to absorb impacts then bounce back on if they do crack you gen generally glue them back together so long as they aren't too badly damaged.

Seriously I wish people wouldn't buy Apple products just on the brand anymore they are far too overpriced and made with expensive sounding but cheap and shoddy components like aluminium and Foxconn electronics.
But then again, is it not immoral to let stupid people keep their money?

OT: Brand loyalty truly is a terrifying thing. Imagine any of the other companies having this serious problems with their phones. They'd be bankrupt overnight.

I can't remember which Iphone it was, but one of them basically would break from, what is in my country a normal winter temperature, in pocket. Apple tried to claim it would not replace the broken phones, but consumer right official said that either they replace them, or wont sell phones that brake in regular conditions in this country.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Apple released a statement about this. Apparently all you have to do is put it in a toaster for no more than 10 minutes and it should return to normal shape.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Heh, usually it suppose to be the other way around (well what conspiracist think about keeping a phone in your pocket).

one squirrel

Aug 11, 2014
No, it's a feature. Because of the ever growing screen sizes, the phone is designed to be bent in a concave shape, so that the user has the perfect 90° degree angle to the display at all times. A very elaborate premium product.

gridsleep

Sep 27, 2008
I think this is why people were warned not to sit on the fenders of a Lamborghini Countach. Its aluminum body is about the thickness of a soda pop can. Also it is an expensive sport car, not a lawn chair. In Apple's case, this falls into the category of piss-poor engineering. Casio makes less expensive cell phones that are designed to work in battlefield conditions, as in getting ridden over by a truck in the rain in January. Telephones as tough as their wrist watches.

walrusaurus

Mar 1, 2011
Whatislove said:
I'll say the same thing that I've been saying to Apple fan boys all day on facebook:

If this phone cost $500, this would be acceptable, $500 is more than reasonable for the specs of the phone; but this phone isn't $500, it's $1000-$1449 depending on the model and memory size.
The price range on the iphone 6 is 650-850 not 1000=1449. Theres plenty of legitimate complaints to make about apples pricing, without having to make stuff up. Like charging 100 bucks for 15 bucks worth of additional memory while refusing to put in sd card slots. Or the fact that every other phone currently selling at the 650+ price point has 3-4x the RAM larger batteries and high resolution displays.

I agree with most of what you said, but inflating things like that ruins your arguement.

gridsleep

Sep 27, 2008
walrusaurus said:
Whatislove said:
I'll say the same thing that I've been saying to Apple fan boys all day on facebook:

If this phone cost $500, this would be acceptable, $500 is more than reasonable for the specs of the phone; but this phone isn't $500, it's $1000-$1449 depending on the model and memory size.
The price range on the iphone 6 is 650-850 not 1000=1449. Theres plenty of legitimate complaints to make about apples pricing, without having to make stuff up. Like charging 100 bucks for 15 bucks worth of additional memory while refusing to put in sd card slots. Or the fact that every other phone currently selling at the 650+ price point has 3-4x the RAM larger batteries and high resolution displays.

I agree with most of what you said, but inflating things like that ruins your arguement.
Maybe the poster is Australian. They use dollars, too. Just, differently valued dollars.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
I'm sure using a case will fix it. That's what I'll do when I upgrade.

alj

Master of Unlocking
Nov 20, 2009
You are pocketing it wrong!

That is crazy do they not test things like this ? I mean its cool that its thin but there was no need to make it thinner, with the shrink in the size o the PCB why not keep it the same size and add more battery ?

I have a nexus 5 myself and it has never bent :p, i dont dislike apple i have an ipad but the nexus 5 suits my phone needs better.

Haru17

Mar 1, 2014
The iPod 2 and iPhone 5s didn't do this for me. So don't buy the new, experimental, and obviously flawed products when you can use the old one perfectly fine. This applies to just about every Microsoft and Sony console in history as well.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Yup, my friend just bought one of these, I'll have to let him know just how stupid he is.

Personally I don't do phones, but if I did I wouldn't get an iPhone for sure.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Another phone, another dreadful design flaw.

It isnt even like putting the phone into your pocket is like putting it into a vice, it is where phones should be able to go. What next? Apple branded man-handbags?

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Charcharo said:
Evil Smurf said:
I'm sure using a case will fix it. That's what I'll do when I upgrade.
You should not need a case for something so basic...
I've never bought a phone without buying a case for it. And I'm happier because of it. Never had to replace one in my years of owning an iPhone