Keeping Your iPhone 6 in Your Pocket May be Warping it - Update 2

ryukage_sama

Mar 12, 2009
The real world finally matches my own biased view on the quality of Apple products.

Maybe they can take this design failing and adapt it into a feature on the future iWatch or whatever its called. Just have a bracer that's entire surface is a touch screen.

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
walrusaurus said:
Whatislove said:
I'll say the same thing that I've been saying to Apple fan boys all day on facebook:

If this phone cost $500, this would be acceptable, $500 is more than reasonable for the specs of the phone; but this phone isn't $500, it's $1000-$1449 depending on the model and memory size.
The price range on the iphone 6 is 650-850 not 1000=1449. Theres plenty of legitimate complaints to make about apples pricing, without having to make stuff up. Like charging 100 bucks for 15 bucks worth of additional memory while refusing to put in sd card slots. Or the fact that every other phone currently selling at the 650+ price point has 3-4x the RAM larger batteries and high resolution displays.

I agree with most of what you said, but inflating things like that ruins your arguement.
We don't all live in the US :)

The iPhone 6 Plus starts at $999 AUD for the 16gb model, I misstyped $1449 which should be $1249 AUD for the 128gb model.

They are obscenely over priced here.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
If Steve Jobs were alive, he'd have caught this.

I wonder if you'll need an Apple branded rubber band to make this one work correctly.

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
Hah, a Note 3 can take more punishment as an iPhone 6+. Just like I said, Samsung phones can take a beating, while the icrap is under-engineered so Apple can make even more of a killing with their generous markup. I'm even surprised at the Note 3 since My Mom has one, and it looks really thin compared to its size.

Apple, stop selling things made out of aluminum. The laptops are nice, except for the batteries being built in now. But everything else you sell is either too thin for such a pliable material or a waste of money and resources. It would be neat if you offered anodized cases in customs colors, making it sort of worth buying stuff made out of Al, but then you'd charge more than the ridiculously overpriced places that have to disassemble customer's macbooks in order to anodize the cases.

RoBi3.0

Mar 29, 2009
Laggyteabag said:
Another phone, another dreadful design flaw.

It isnt even like putting the phone into your pocket is like putting it into a vice, it is where phones should be able to go. What next? Apple branded man-handbags?
introducing the brand new state of the art Apple iFannie. No it is not a fannie pack. It is a premium hip mount storage unit for your iPhone 6+. It is crafted from state of the art 600 thread count polyester. The advance technology zippered enclosure is lined with supple nylon that cradles the your phone with care. The superior belt fastener is painstakingly created from select polyurethane. There is no other hip mounted storage unit like this on the market.

james.sponge

Mar 4, 2013
So the truth is out, Apple spends more on marketing and brand awareness than quality of their products. Shocking.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
I'm planning to get a new phone soon. I currently have a iPhone 4S. It's not a terrible phone, but holy shit, I am sick of dealing with iTunes.

I'm probably going to get an Android, but I don't know which one...

Can anyone recommend a phone for me? I tend to play a lot of games on my phone.

VladG

Aug 24, 2010
We kinda already knew the Note 3 didn't have this problem since it's been out for nearly a year now and nobody has ever reported this. Same goes for every other "phablet" out there.

Heck, I sat my 120kg fat ass on my note 3 on a curved car seat and sat on it for several minutes, and there's nothing wrong with it.

"Premium materials"... pff.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
This reminds me of the days where the startac phones were popular because they were tiny but they were also hella breakable. Why is there an obsession with making phones smaller?

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
marioandsonic said:
I'm planning to get a new phone soon. I currently have a iPhone 4S. It's not a terrible phone, but holy shit, I am sick of dealing with iTunes.

I'm probably going to get an Android, but I don't know which one...

Can anyone recommend a phone for me? I tend to play a lot of games on my phone.
I've had good experiences with Samsung tablets (never owned a samsung phone) and I hear that their galaxy S series of phones is quite good.

I've also had a good experience with my HTC phone which I've had for 2.5 years now and still works fairly well (battery life is diminishing though... but I think that's to be expected)

My parents have had BAD experiences with LG phones so I'd recommend avoiding them.

Other than that just read/watch lots of reviews and analyze lots of spec sheets to find the one that suits you best. I've found with tablets that there's no "best" one, each brand will do different things and you have to decide which one suits your needs best.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
dragongit said:
You'd... you'd think that this would be one of the very first things a company would test when making a phone right?
Normally yes. But this is Apple we're talking about. The only thing smart about their designs are the looks.

EDIT: Wow, I'm actually surprised at how much bend the Note could achieve and still just pop right back into it's normal shape with no noticeable harm done. That's pretty damn impressive.

A_Parked_Car

Oct 30, 2009
Well, this is amusing. I'm still completely happy with my Samsung S3 and when I upgrade it will be to another Samsung for sure. I have a lot of fundamental problems with Apple (mostly regarding the vast amount of overcharging for under-powered systems in a naked attempt to cash in on consumer ignorance), but typically their stuff was at least reliable and sturdy.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Hahaha. Just wait, soon bent iPhones will replace broken screen iPhones as the new hipster fad, and entrepreneurial types will start selling 'pre-bent' iPhone kits.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
RoBi3.0 said:
Laggyteabag said:
Another phone, another dreadful design flaw.

It isnt even like putting the phone into your pocket is like putting it into a vice, it is where phones should be able to go. What next? Apple branded man-handbags?
introducing the brand new state of the art Apple iFannie. No it is not a fannie pack. It is a premium hip mount storage unit for your iPhone 6+. It is crafted from state of the art 600 thread count polyester. The advance technology zippered enclosure is lined with supple nylon that cradles the your phone with care. The superior belt fastener is painstakingly created from select polyurethane. There is no other hip mounted storage unit like this on the market.
Now on sale for £199.99, truly a bargain. Thank you Apple for providing us with such a great, advanced and value product! Why no other company has ever thought of such a item will forever elude me.

(Gotta love the quick google search)

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
Can't believe that people spend money on these phones. Get a Nexus 5. First of all, it's half as much as an iPhone. Secondly, it's an Android phone. In other words, you have way more freedom.

Android versus iOS shouldn't even be up for debate; yet, it is.