Keiichiro Toyama (Silent Hill, Gravity Rush, Siren Director) Kazunobu Sato & Junya Okura leave Japan Studio to form Bokeh Game Studio

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Does this mean no Gravity Rush 3? :c Or just not him at the helm if one comes along?

Good for him/them though. A lot of people are making their own studios these days. Which is good, the current big name studios need a good bite in the ass

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Does this mean no Gravity Rush 3? :c Or just not him at the helm if one comes along?
Neither. Sadly, GR2 did not do that well, despite the strong reviews. I tried playing the game, but it got too repetitive for me and could not stick with a single, focused plot. I later traded the game in for something else along with a couple of others. Odds are a 3rd game is not gonna happen.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Neither. Sadly, GR2 did not do that well, despite the strong reviews. I tried playing the game, but it got too repetitive for me and could not stick with a single, focused plot. I later traded the game in for something else along with a couple of others. Odds are a 3rd game is not gonna happen.
A lot of people said the same thing till GR2 suddenly showed up. Especially after a teaser for 2, then suddenly it went silent for years before resurfacing. I remain hopeful. But if it's gonna die with Keiichiro Toyama leaving the studio, I'm understanding of that, but still sad