Ken Levine's New Project Will Be an Interactive Live-Action Twilight Zone

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Ken Levine's New Project Will Be an Interactive Live-Action Twilight Zone

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1313/1313266.jpg

BioShock director Ken Levine is headed to the Twilight Zone.

BioShock director Ken Levine's new project will be an interactive live-action Twilight Zone. Despite some conflicting reports that indicated that the project would be an interactive film, Interlude has confirmed that the project will be a series.

"It will take the form of a series, as this is what we are focusing on moving forward, interactive serialized entertainment," a spokesperson told me via email.

"Playing my games, you can probably tell Twilight Zone is something I grew up with," Levine told Wired [http://www.wired.com/2016/04/ken-levine-twilight-zone/]. "They speak to a larger truth. They're morality plays, fables, and often they're about a character who is going through an experience that's central to their life but also speaks to a larger part of the human condition. I don't think [Rod] Serling, at the beginning, set out to be a science-fiction writer. But he found that this is a great medium to do metaphor."

The Wrap [http://www.thewrap.com/twilight-zone-is-getting-an-interactive-reboot-exclusive/] reports that Levine will be writing and directing the pilot episode, and that Interlude and CBS defined the project as one that will be an "original interactive project" that will let viewers "step in and become a part of the story."

Nov 28, 2007
I hate to be one to sound pessimistic or cynical, but I can see many ways for this going wrong, and few ways for it to go right. I want it to work, because Ken Levine has a pretty good track record for atmosphere, and he seems to "get" what made Twilight Zone work, but trying to write and film an interactive series that is story-based is just crazy. They'd either need two scripts and film both ahead of time, costing a fair chunk of change, or they would need to make the "interactive" portion barely impact the series beyond one or two scenes, costing frustrated viewers.

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
HOly shit, will this harken to the return of the FMV? I really hope so. Fucking love FMV.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Ken Levine has a good track record. But if this fails I am gonna come for him. The original Twilight Zone is my favorite television series of all time. You fuck this up you're a dead man, Levine.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Huh, call me an idiot but I hardly understand what this means.
My tiny brain's kinda puttin' it together like

"Twilight Zone tv-video-game made by Bioshock man."

Which sounds awesome if you put it that way but I still don't understand what it means.

Eh, I'll play anything with Ken Levine's name on it after the Bioshock games and I was a here-and-there fan of Twilight Zone, I'll check it out either way but right now I can't even get excited because I don't even know what I'd be getting excited over.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Hopeful details: Twilight zone. Ken Levine

Despairing details: Interactive. Live-Action. Ken Levine.

Hmm...conflicted here.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
You got a ton of people fired for this? Cynicism levels are high for me on this one.

Why not make a Twilight Zone inspired video game? Id have far more faith in that being good than this.