Ketchup in the fridge

Adamc-mh

Jun 6, 2010
Idon't like my codements cold not the point where if offered cold ketchup i would refuse or flip out though

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
I keep my ketchup on the shelf right here in front of my face. I eat in my room and I'm far too lazy to keep going out to the kitchen to get it. Also, it'd all get used up by my housemates if I didn't keep it in my room.

Fruitloops89

Feb 20, 2009
Ketchup and BBQ sauce, when I remember to put it there, belong in the fridge. But I will eat it if it is warm.

Nikajo

Feb 6, 2009
Um it's a matter of hygeine. If you keep an open bottle of ketchup in the cupboard and don't use it pretty quickly then it can actually go off and give you food poisoning when you eat it. Not sure exactly how long that takes but it does happen eventually. If you're that worried about cold sauce on your hot food....you must have a very boring life.

Rhymenoceros

Jul 8, 2009
1)it doesn't really matter
2)I never thought not to keep it in the fridge
3)this thread is doing impressively well sine it's about ketchup...

thecaptainof said:
I keep my ketchup on the shelf right here in front of my face. I eat in my room and I'm far too lazy to keep going out to the kitchen to get it. Also, it'd all get used up by my housemates if I didn't keep it in my room.
I'm not sure if that's really cool or really lame...

THGhost

Mar 18, 2009
Mizuumi said:
THGhost said:
Precisely why it should be kept in the fridge.

Someone told me that you shouldn't keep bread in the fridge either. But it would go mouldy if you didn't, so clearly they're an idiot :p
Bread + fridge = dry, stale, nasty bread. Store-bought bread has enough preservatives that as long as you eat it at a rate faster than 1 slice/week you should be fine.
But bread can go dry and stale if you DON'T keep it in the fridge. I've kept bread in the fridge for years and it's always soft and wonderful :p

Bluesclues

Dec 18, 2009
Pielikey said:
Ketchup goes bad if you don't keep it in the fridge, so I keep it there.
CoverYourHead said:
I keep my ketchup in the fridge, it goes bad otherwise. I've never heard of doing otherwise.

Sir, I do believe your friends are crazy. Perhaps criminally so. Invest in a local strait-jacket store.
Ftaghn To You Too said:
In the fridge. So it doesn't go bad.
I don't know what kind of ketchup you people are using, but ketchup doesn't go bad outside of the fridge.

OT: We keep it in the pantry, same as maple syrup (which apparently some people put in the fridge too, for whatever reason I don't know).

Bluesclues

Dec 18, 2009
I Resurection I said:
We keep it in the fridge, its a place to put it and if i'm not mistaken it says on the bottle "Keep refrigerated after opening"
It doesn't.

EDIT: Upon doing some research it says "For best results, refridgerate after opening", which implies it doesn't have to go into the fridge :p

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
I don't keep ketchup in the fridge. Something about cold ketchup just doesn't taste right. Everything else is fine in there though. Mayo, mustard, bbq sauce, chickenwing sauce, etc...just not ketchup.

Bluesclues

Dec 18, 2009
thiosk said:
Look at bottle.

It says "Refrigerate after opening."

That means, "Refrigerate it if you don't want fucking BOTULISM."
You should probably double check your bottle...and your local restaurant.

Edorf

May 30, 2010
It's amazing how this thread with such a simple question have 6 freaking pages o_O

OT: In the fridge ofcourse

nonstopdisco122

Jul 19, 2010
I've always kept my ketchup in the cupboard... And my friends think it's really weird. It doesn't go bad in there and faster than in the fridge.

sicnasty77

Apr 14, 2009
In the fridge for sure along with almost everything. My girlfriend keeps her peanut butter in the fridge is that weird?