Kid Icarus' Palutena Joins Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS - Update

DaViller

New member
Sep 3, 2013
172
0
0
I´m getting so hype for smash it´s unreal. Sadly ill be skipping on the 3ds version since it comes out at the same time as bayonetta.
 

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
33,758
1
0
*goes into fetal position*
Falcon, oh Captain Falcon. Where for art thou my Captain Falcon.
Don't get me wrong, I love Palutena, but the more and more I see Nintendo neglect the Falcon, the more I'm convinced they want to kill the franchise. T~T
 

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
1,984
1,459
118
Country
The Netherlands
The dual looked AWESOME! Nintendo should try expanding on those anime shorts.
 

rosac

New member
Sep 13, 2008
1,205
0
0
Neronium said:
*goes into fetal position*
Falcon, oh Captain Falcon. Where for art thou my Captain Falcon.
Don't get me wrong, I love Palutena, but the more and more I see Nintendo neglect the Falcon, the more I'm convinced they want to kill the franchise. T~T
Seeing as they're introducing 2 characters from each series, would Falcon and Goro be too much to ask? If anything it;s cheap advertising for the F Zero game they NEED TO MAKE NOW GODDAMMIT NINTENDO.
 

OldNewNewOld

New member
Mar 2, 2011
1,494
0
0
Holy shit I just realized I want something badly.
I want a SSB anime with great animation. I want it now, I want it badly. SAKURAI MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
 

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
1,183
0
0
This almost seems out of nowhere. Has Palutena ever been playable before, like, outside of SSB? Still makes me glad to see new characters on the roster, though!

I'm just waiting for the chance to wreck face with Jiggles.
 

Sould1n

New member
Jan 23, 2011
218
0
0
I was hoping for Medusa to be playable, but was well prepared for Palutena to get in over here. Palutena had effectively become the most likely newcomer to be added before this reveal so I'm not surprised to see her instead. She's a worthy addition, and looks to be fun one, so I'm still happy with (though of course, would have been more happy provided it was Medusa who was playable instead).
 

Aiddon_v1legacy

New member
Nov 19, 2009
3,672
0
0
with that bit at the end, makes me wonder if Dark Pit will be playable, though it's possible he could be a palette swap. The Miis look great and the ability to customize them sounds like fun.
 

DaViller

New member
Sep 3, 2013
172
0
0
Im usually not one to scream "OP NERF NERF AAARRRRGH" on a character reveal, but man palutena has an arsenal that makes samus and mega man look like poor hobos. Realy seems like she has an answer to every situation.

I can´t wait to test her divine arsenal against my intricate strategy:
Step 1 pick ike
Step 2 side smash
Step 3 smile

Lets see palutena answer that.
 

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
2,634
0
0
Malbourne said:
This almost seems out of nowhere. Has Palutena ever been playable before, like, outside of SSB? Still makes me glad to see new characters on the roster, though!

I'm just waiting for the chance to wreck face with Jiggles.
That incarnation of Palutena only started existing with the 3DS game, so this is as fresh as it gets after Pit got his big reboot design in Brawl

Aiddon said:
with that bit at the end, makes me wonder if Dark Pit will be playable, though it's possible he could be a palette swap. The Miis look great and the ability to customize them sounds like fun.
pretty likely to be a palette swap, although if it's not too much to ask, I'd also like for them to put his own lines in because his snark is the best
 

Sniper Team 4

New member
Apr 28, 2010
5,433
0
0
Hades said:
The dual looked AWESOME! Nintendo should try expanding on those anime shorts.
BiH-Kira said:
Holy shit I just realized I want something badly.
I want a SSB anime with great animation. I want it now, I want it badly. SAKURAI MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
Me too. I would totally watch those over and over. If the video game thing doesn't work out, Nintendo, you apparently have a very good chance at being a big-name anime maker. Get on it!
 

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
2,735
721
118
I am fanboy squealing SO HARD o_O Kid Icarus Uprising is my fave game on my 3DS right now, and I am super excited to use Palutena! She looks like she's gonna wreck so much shit! October can't come soon enough!!
 

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
33,758
1
0
Sniper Team 4 said:
If the video game thing doesn't work out, Nintendo, you apparently have a very good chance at being a big-name anime maker. Get on it!
Well story wise at least. That anime trailer wasn't animated by Nintendo, it was animated by the same people who did Palutena's Revolting Dinner, which was animated by Shaft (terrible company name XP). They are best known for doing the animations for the Puella Magi Madoka Magica series, and every one of the Monogatari series (Bakemono, Nisemono, Nekomono, Kuzumono, and Hanamono).
 

Mr. Q

New member
Apr 30, 2013
767
0
0
Well, given the leaked images, this was no surprise but still awesome. I'm curious as to what Dark Imp's role will be? Is he a skin alt for Imp, an assist trophy like Dark Samus, or a new playable character?

Also, I hope to God we get more character reveals this week. It feels rather bare bones to only have two character reveals for E3. I'd like to see some returning favorites mentioned and/or other newcomers.
 

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
3,114
0
41
McMarbles said:
*crosses fingers for Isaac and Krystal*
If Isaac had been revealed today I would've been ecstatic. I still have some hope he will make it in to Smash.

Neronium said:
*goes into fetal position*
Falcon, oh Captain Falcon. Where for art thou my Captain Falcon.
Don't get me wrong, I love Palutena, but the more and more I see Nintendo neglect the Falcon, the more I'm convinced they want to kill the franchise. T~T
He'll be there don't worry, I don't think they would get rid of one of the original 12 fighters. Maybe Jigglyuff(well at least that is my wish anyway.) No offense to Jigglypuff, but there are so many cooler/more relevant Pokemon that deserve some spotlight.

OT: Glad to see her make it in too. I kinda hope they stop announcing characters soon, I want some surprises come October!
 

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
33,758
1
0
Hero of Lime said:
He'll be there don't worry, I don't think they would get rid of one of the original 12 fighters. Maybe Jigglyuff(well at least that is my wish anyway.) No offense to Jigglypuff, but there are so many cooler/more relevant Pokemon that deserve some spotlight.
But...but the Falcon should have been announced with the others originally seeing as there obviously isn't another F-Zero game coming. T^T
I just want my Falcon along with my new F-Zero, but it just feels like Nintendo wants the Falcon to die. *hugs copies of F-Zero GX, GP Legend, Climax (yes I imported it), X, and Maximum Velocity*
If anything let Sumo make the game then, or SEGA, or both seeing as both those companies are strangely really good at making racing games when Sonic isn't the only franchise present.
 

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
3,114
0
41
Neronium said:
Hero of Lime said:
He'll be there don't worry, I don't think they would get rid of one of the original 12 fighters. Maybe Jigglyuff(well at least that is my wish anyway.) No offense to Jigglypuff, but there are so many cooler/more relevant Pokemon that deserve some spotlight.
But...but the Falcon should have been announced with the others originally seeing as there obviously isn't another F-Zero game coming. T^T
I just want my Falcon along with my new F-Zero, but it just feels like Nintendo wants the Falcon to die. *hugs copies of F-Zero GX, GP Legend, Climax (yes I imported it), X, and Maximum Velocity*
If anything let Sumo make the game then, or SEGA, or both seeing as both those companies are strangely really good at making racing games when Sonic isn't the only franchise present.
Well I hope he makes it in for your sake then. Again, I am 95% sure he will return. Nintendo may not have much more interest in F-Zero, but I'm sure if Sakurai wants Captain Falcon in the game, he will be there! >:D