Killer Instinct is Coming to PC

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Killer Instinct is Coming to PC

Killer Instinct on PC will feature full cross-play with the Xbox One version.

Read Full Article

loa

Jan 28, 2012
What is it with all that "coming to windows 10" shit?
Forcing an OS that isn't even out yet onto everyone with artificial system requirements already?
This is starting to really piss me off.

Diablo1099_v1legacy

Doom needs Yoghurt, Badly
Dec 12, 2009
loa said:
Forcing an OS that isn't even out yet onto everyone with artificial system requirements already?
Seconded, I mean, come on, just let us give you our money!
I've been waiting ages for a PC port and I don't want to have to blindly jump into a OS upgrade to get it.
I only just got used to using Windows 8.1... :/

Dr. Crawver

Doesn't know why he has premium
Nov 20, 2009
This is fantastic news for me. I love KI, but have always been resistant to get an Xbone (though after this years e3, Iunno, they might bring it back). But yeah, being able to play as my favourite skeletal pirate is such great news for me, I can't wait.

Gailim

Oct 13, 2009
loa said:
It doesn't bug me as much as the last few times they did this because win 10 is free

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
oh look its Halo 2 and windows vista only all over again. Would e nice to play this but im not upgrading to an os i dnt want. free or not.

cikame

Jun 11, 2008
I'm not 'upgrading' to Windows 10 until i know it's not trash, what if it makes even more classic PC games unplayable just like every release of Windows?
Windows 8 was especially bad at this, even some modern games didn't work, christ i can't even install the 2nd Brothers in Arms on 7. Despite the fact that Windows 10 is free (terms and conditions apply), making DX12 and games exclusive to it still feels like some kind of extortion.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
There has to be a way for people to modify it to get it to work on 7

EMWISE94

Aug 22, 2013
Okay I won't lie, I've always seen the 'Get Windows 10' icon always peeking out in my icon tray but paid it no mind, after this.. I immediately signed up. Then came to my senses for a bit and realised that It'd be dumb to Upgrade just for one thing, but I'm sorry.. I've always eye-balled KI from the distance watching gameplay footage and all that, just slowly hoping that it makes its way to PC waters, and the moment it was confirmed to do so, I cast my line, ready to bag this fish!

Also I think its just gonna start off on Windows 10, it'd be dumb as all hell if M$ just released in on W10 and not on 8.1 and 7.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Well that's another Xbone exclusive out of the window. So do they have anything left besides Halo and Sunset Overdrive now? Oh and FUCKING TOMB RAIDER

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
So... A year after everyone stopped playing it, the most underwhelming "big-name" fighter of this generation is supposed to pressure us into upgrading to Windows 10?

...And the game that, so far as I can tell, got a near-universal "Remember when Killer Instinct came out and those Silicon Graphics Workstation-rendered graphics were so impressive? How did we end up in the current day with a game with the same title whose graphics look so comparatively unremarkable?"-response is supposed to convince us that now it needs DirectX 12?

DarklordKyo

Nov 22, 2009
erttheking said:
Well that's another Xbone exclusive out of the window. So do they have anything left besides Halo and Sunset Overdrive now? Oh and FUCKING TOMB RAIDER
Isn't that merely a timed exclusive?

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Nurb said:
There has to be a way for people to modify it to get it to work on 7
I hope so, normally it has something to do with intercepting certain calls but unless they hard-code certain DX12 features into the game then it will be that much more difficult.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
The Rogue Wolf said:
Okay. I'm no Microsoft-hater, but this huge push to get everyone to take up Win10 is starting to concern me. Quite often, where there's bait, there's a hook.
Hasn't Microsoft done this every time, good or bad OS, since they've been in the gaming market?

Lillowh

Oct 22, 2007
I seriously don't understand people on here. You guys want to know why Microsoft is pushing so hard for Windows 10? Probably because all the features that integrate it with Xbox Live to a lot of stuff like this is already packaged with it, because I know everyone what do nothing but ***** if they had to make another Games for Windows Live to do the same thing.

Not only that with stuff like dx10, which is set to greatly increase performance especially CPU overhead probably make these titles way easier to bring over with the console-like API. Plus, they lost a lot of trust with Windows 8 and 8.1, afree upgrade makes sense that they want to try to gain back your trust with a good operating system.

That being said, I'm hyped as hell for for more killer fighting games on PC, especially with the increased focus on crossplay making the communities even larger. Better step up ArkSys.

EDIT: New information as well for those using this as a means to bash Windows 10, it has been confirmed that yes this is because of the Xbox integration being necessary as "anything you've purchased on the Xbox One version will carry over to the PC version. This also includes cross-buy, meaning buying one version gets you the other" Source: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/jun/16/killer-instinct-announced-pc-during-pc-gamer-conference/

So yes, since nobody wants to deal with GFW type system to be able to connect the two infrastructures, Windows 10 is required for good reason.