Killing Husbands and Buying Condoms in Fable 2

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Killing Husbands and Buying Condoms in Fable 2

Forget the whole vanquishing evil thing - Fable 2 is just as fun when you're off the hero clock.

Read Full Article

indyfan

Oct 19, 2008
Ah yes, thanks to Fable 2, I get to experience marriage at the age of 22

minus the Vegas trip and 3 months salary engagement rings

sorry about your lousy husband, so its either Homocide or Divorce, hard decision lol

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Homocide every time. My favourite part in oblivion was stalking my victims, choosing a time and place and killing them. My excuse was that i was a vampire who worked for the dark brother hood and the rest of the game was shite.

calelogan

Jun 15, 2008
If you've got a good imagination (and used to have fun playing with regular toys when young) you'll probably maximize the entertainment potential of every game. All you need are the right tools.

I've already spent hours playing games like The Sims, Fable, Medieval Total War 2, Oblivion (,and many others) by mixing the gameplay itself with an imaginary narrative and exhilarating dubbing, all fabricated by my twisted mind.

That's the slight freedom that many games make available, but not everyone makes good use of. Simulate conversations between your Sims, Battle Cries in Total War, or mundane tasks in both Fable and Oblivion. After all, you're playing and already role-playing, even if minimally; why not maximize it?

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
I'm just an ordinary average gal
I spoil my dog rotten
Because she's my pal
We're just ordinary average gals

We explore ordinary average haunts
with average beasties
and average taunts

We all go spelunking in spelunky caves
Kill a few bosses
Burn a few saves
We go home to average houses
with gifts in our arms
to placate frigid spouses

Ordinary Average Gal
Ordinary Average Gal
Ordinary Average Gal

(Sung to the tune of "Ordinary Average Guy" by Joe Walsh)

N_of_the_dead

Apr 2, 2008
Cheeze_Pavilion post=6.74859.848953 said:
Hey--can't you supposedly orb in someone for co-op and have them kill your spouse, so you don't get the bad juju on your character of being a spouse-killer?

I thought I heard that somewhere.
yeah from when they showed it at the game show the guy playing as the co-op shot the mains husband, i dont know if you get any evil (maybe you do for associating) but it does seem to be the best way so far to get rid of a spouse and not lose cash or get evil points

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Cheeze_Pavilion post=6.74859.848953 said:
Hey--can't you supposedly orb in someone for co-op and have them kill your spouse, so you don't get the bad juju on your character of being a spouse-killer?

I thought I heard that somewhere.
Well, sure...but honestly, if that man's gonna be dead, I want the satisfaction of killing him myself.

pierre61

Aug 23, 2008
I have no wish to be rude Susan, but there was so much 'I', Me' and 'Mine' in that review that I lost track of what the hell you were talking about ...

ImmortalItalian

Oct 19, 2008
johnman post=6.74859.848573 said:
Homocide every time. My favourite part in oblivion was stalking my victims, choosing a time and place and killing them. My excuse was that i was a vampire who worked for the dark brother hood and the rest of the game was shite.
The feeling of being free and being able to shoot arrows into the back of some random man's head brings a tear to my eye. Also brings some more gold out of my pocket to buy more arrows. Besides that. Hopefully I'll enjoy the freedom of killing my spouse, but possibly because of my bad shot the arrow my fly into the neighbor's window killing his wife. Oh what a lovely combination...Does that sound too sick or demented? :D

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
pierre61 post=6.74859.849653 said:
I have no wish to be rude Susan, but there was so much 'I', Me' and 'Mine' in that review that I lost track of what the hell you were talking about ...
maybe because it's an article on her experiences from the game so it's more identifiable to the reader and not just a rehashing of the synopsis and a score slapped on it, at least thats what I got from it.

Matt Turano

Jul 30, 2008
Since it was about her own experience playing the game, it'd be a bit odd if the article was full of you, yours, and theirs. Actually, the review was posted on Tuesday; this is something completely different.

This is exactly why I like this game; you nailed it squarely. The you-but-not-you aspects of it, the freedom to not only bring your own values to the world of Albion (whatever they might be), but to occasionally step outside of them and, let's say, kill your husband when he doesn't give up the love...it's all very satisfying.

Also, I like woodcutting. Who knew.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I always appreciate a game that can put the role back into role-playing. I still can't get enough of Harvest Moon: ToT. And it's for the reason you mention, I can put a little of myself into my character, and live my fantasy-farmer life the way I WOULD live a fantasy-farming life. Minus a little realism... cause if there was realism, I would've had a hearty plate of fried chicken weeks ago.

Ungrateful little bastards.

Good to know that Fable 2 lives up to the expectations the first one couldn't live up to.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
ImmortalItalian post=6.74859.849671 said:
johnman post=6.74859.848573 said:
The feeling of being free and being able to shoot arrows into the back of some random man's head brings a tear to my eye. Also brings some more gold out of my pocket to buy more arrows. Besides that. Hopefully I'll enjoy the freedom of killing my spouse, but possibly because of my bad shot the arrow my fly into the neighbor's window killing his wife. Oh what a lovely combination...Does that sound too sick or demented? :D
Hell no, the frist thing most people do in a rpg is see who they can get away with killing

Rugged 13

Oct 13, 2008
ANTI-SANTA post=6.74859.849706 said:
Wait... am I reading this right? You can play as a woman hero this time??
You can be a woman and get pregnant in Fable 2.

I guess doing the manly arm pump/heroic pose just isn't good enough anymore.

Placentipede

Oct 24, 2008
Me and a group of friends are all ganing up on one of my other firends which will ultimately lead to me slaying his whole family.....

Fable 2 will be awesome
And I get it toooday~ ! =DD

waffletaco

Sep 5, 2008
You know, if you don't mind the metagaming Susan, you could buy and move into a house with animal magnetism. It gives you huge boosts to attraction (which is especially good for me.) I get +39 from house bonuses + magnetism, but I get -33 from being so corrupt. +40? from clothing and 10 and 15 for hair and beard.(manly man) If that doesn't get your man in the sack, Point and Laugh at his flaccid status and shoot him in the face(as shooting him in the groin wouldn't seem to have much effect).

Really enjoyed the article, btw. I find the off-hero time most enjoyable as well. Being a corrupt property mogul that saves the world because all his buildings are in the world is just super fun. I also like spoiling my dog. (I don't in real life)

Placentipede

Oct 24, 2008
Rugged 13 post=6.74859.850085 said:

Sorry for posting twice ina row but. PRGNANT?!?!?!?
wow.. this is awesome, I'm gonna have me a lady save file and get me knocked-up a few times =D

waffletaco

Sep 5, 2008
Placentipede post=6.74859.850104 said:
Rugged 13 post=6.74859.850085 said:

Sorry for posting twice ina row but. PRGNANT?!?!?!?
wow.. this is awesome, I'm gonna have me a lady save file and get me knocked-up a few times =D
Forgive me for being dumb, but I think you can only have one save file? It never asks me to choose a save file. I've only made one character and haven't beaten the game and I don't want to try because I'm already about halfway at the main story but so far along in my life, property-wise, xp, and my darling wife and kid(who is just a great trooper for being so loving when I come home instead of nagging me like my loving wife)