Killzone 2

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Valiance said:
snips the thing about MP's bad strafing
Yeah see I found no problem in just letting up on the "lock-on" trigger button if I needed to turn, it's honestly not that hard.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Got around to pre-ordering Killzone 2 off of Amazon. This makes it my 2nd game I've ever pre-ordered.

I feel slightly...dirty though.

BladesofReason

Jul 16, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
And now we hear the reaction to Killzone 2's success from the internets dubbed 360 fanboy, Adolf Hitler

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=TIFNMva56Wo
That was a very funny video

On topic; I'm really looking forward to this game. Everything I've seen of it has of course been better then I could have expected.

I'm also maintaining a decent amount of skeptecism at least until I can download the demo.

TheBadass

Aug 27, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
And now we hear the reaction to Killzone 2's success from the internets dubbed 360 fanboy, Adolf Hitler

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=TIFNMva56Wo
I laughed, and I like and own a 360. That wrong? That's probably wrong.

Eipok Kruden

Aug 29, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
Personally I think it just looks like a good, well produced shooter with a cool realistic sci-fi universe and plenty of great action.

I'm probably going to pick it up for two reasons. The PS3 has built in Wi-Fi and free online play unlike my 360... and there are Bots.

If any publishers are paying attention, bots are a HUGE selling point for me and my friends, we don't like to "compete" because that leaves the non-shooter fans out of the loop, this way we can all take on some brainless foes with plenty of amusing gusto.
Heh, if you want slaughter, don't play on elite or veteran. The AI on elite is almost as good as you are. They'll flank you, work as a team, use grenades to flush you out of cover, pin you down with light machine gun fire while some troopers move to surround you, they'll move around in cover so they don't always pop up in the same place, and if they get desperate, they'll keep behind cover until you try to move forward or throw a grenade at them to flush them out.

Eipok Kruden

Aug 29, 2008
Exocet said:
Grand_Poohbah said:
I think it looks pretty good. Still there's that gritty looking graphics that are kind of depressing.
For once that factor is justified.You're fighting on a dark,dirty planet which has been shelled to oblivion.Having lighter colors just wouldn't make sense.
lol, yea. It would be odd if there were butterflies and rainbows and giant colorful towers after the ISA reigned death from space for over a week and then invaded. It'd be odd if there were those things before the ISA ever went to Helghan. Helghan is not a place you'd want to vacation at. It's barren and rough. It's so rough that the Helghast had to adapt over time and become their own species just to survive. The planet's harsh conditions caused the Helghan population to evolve from humans into the Helghast.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Eipok Kruden said:
Exocet said:
Grand_Poohbah said:
I think it looks pretty good. Still there's that gritty looking graphics that are kind of depressing.
For once that factor is justified.You're fighting on a dark,dirty planet which has been shelled to oblivion.Having lighter colors just wouldn't make sense.
lol, yea. It would be odd if there were butterflies and rainbows and giant colorful towers after the ISA reigned death from space for over a week and then invaded. It'd be odd if there were those things before the ISA ever went to Helghan. Helghan is not a place you'd want to vacation at. It's barren and rough. It's so rough that the Helghast had to adapt over time and become their own species just to survive. The planet's harsh conditions caused the Helghan population to evolve from humans into the Helghast.
"They will know; Helgan belongs to the Helghast."

Eipok Kruden

Aug 29, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
The Rogue Wolf said:
Tattaglia said:
Why is that soldier on fire? Did he not see the truck that was in flames?

Silly bastard.
I thought I'd be the only one to spot that. Hurray for artificial idiocy?
Isn't it more likely he was standing next to the object before it burst into flames?
I saw the entire gameplay vid that that gif was taken from and I know for a fact that that's exactly what happened.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
While this game should make me mad; being an over-hyped, mass targeted, generic FPS...I need it.
It looks beautiful.
The gameplay trailers show some solid gunplay and the multiplayer is as well rounded as any other next-gen shooter.
Everyone with a PS3 should at LEAST rent this.

Eipok Kruden

Aug 29, 2008
Jumplion said:
Eipok Kruden said:
Exocet said:
Grand_Poohbah said:
"They will know; Helgan belongs to the Helghast."
Brian Cox does a fantastic job as Scolar Visari. It's almost sad killing the Helghast cause I like them so much more than the ISA. I wish I could play the Helghan side of the campaign eventually. It'd be awesome if Killzone 3 had two campaigns or was Killzone 2, but from the perspective of a Helghast assault trooper.

Uncompetative

Jul 2, 2008
scnj said:
The Rogue Wolf said:
Personally, I would love to be able to use an analog controller stick for movement and a mouse for aiming. That would be pretty freakin' sweet.
Something like this monstrosity I copied and pasted together in 20 seconds?

Needs a longer cable, other than that you're on to a winner...

Eipok Kruden

Aug 29, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Eipok Kruden said:
PedroSteckecilo said:
Personally I think it just looks like a good, well produced shooter with a cool realistic sci-fi universe and plenty of great action.

I'm probably going to pick it up for two reasons. The PS3 has built in Wi-Fi and free online play unlike my 360... and there are Bots.

If any publishers are paying attention, bots are a HUGE selling point for me and my friends, we don't like to "compete" because that leaves the non-shooter fans out of the loop, this way we can all take on some brainless foes with plenty of amusing gusto.
Heh, if you want slaughter, don't play on elite or veteran. The AI on elite is almost as good as you are. They'll flank you, work as a team, use grenades to flush you out of cover, pin you down with light machine gun fire while some troopers move to surround you, they'll move around in cover so they don't always pop up in the same place, and if they get desperate, they'll keep behind cover until you try to move forward or throw a grenade at them to flush them out.
How do you know?
You're right, it's impossible to know for sure. I'm pretty sure that everyone that's played through Killzone 2's campaign lied about all their encounters with AI.