Killzone 2

TheBadass

Aug 27, 2008
In the back of my mind, there's always been a little doubt when it comes to Killzone 2. I'll admit it, although I have to give up being able to say "I told you so" as I do, which kills me inside. The visual have been consistantly "orgasmic" as one particularly creepy poster on NeoGAF put it, but gosh darn, it's developed by Guerilla! They've pulled this crap before! Killzone sorta maybe sucked and was hyped to hell and back, so surely a little skepticism was healthy?

<url=http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/killzone2>Recent <url=http://uk.ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/748475/killzone-next-gen/videos/killzone2_vidreview_012909.html>events, <url=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/killzone-2-review>however, have forced me to reconsider. It looks... well, great. Not just pretty, but genuinely good (especially the multiplayer, which unfortunately I haven't been able to play yet, despite the hunting I did for a beta code to get in.)

So, Escapists, I ask you to educate yourselves about the game and give your opinions on it.
Hopefully more than "meh, mediocre lol" or "looks average not worth buying a ps3 for" or "crysis has better turd textures this game is inferior" if you please. If you think it looks like donkey turd, cool, but could ya go into a bit of detail so we won't have... shall we say, debates between the more passionately one-console inclined members? Cheers.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2daaeiw.gif

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
Personally I think it just looks like a good, well produced shooter with a cool realistic sci-fi universe and plenty of great action.

I'm probably going to pick it up for two reasons. The PS3 has built in Wi-Fi and free online play unlike my 360... and there are Bots.

If any publishers are paying attention, bots are a HUGE selling point for me and my friends, we don't like to "compete" because that leaves the non-shooter fans out of the loop, this way we can all take on some brainless foes with plenty of amusing gusto.

TheBadass

Aug 27, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
I'm probably going to pick it up for two reasons. The PS3 has built in Wi-Fi and free online play unlike my 360... and there are Bots.
Hey, seriously? I think I missed that. Any clue if they're smart or not?

Kinda hope they're not, since I need fodder to make me feel good at online FPS.

willer357

Dec 22, 2008
I have been looking forward to this game forever now. EXTRA HAPINESS BECAUSE FEB. 27 IS MAH BIRTHDAY!!

jeremiahkd

Oct 22, 2008
If it's Multiplayer is as addictive as CoD4s, GTA4 DLC doesn't have a chance against it.

D_987

Jun 15, 2008
It looks great, but the gunplay looks to much like Call of Duty, then again - thats a compliment.

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
After reading a lot of the reviews...it looks like it's gonna be a killer app for the PS3...

I might just have to stop playing Metal Gear Online and pick up Killzone 2 (even though the first game sucked harder than a toddler licking a lollypop)...

Man, now I have to find money for TWO games...Street Fighter IV (ITS ALMOST HERE OMFG!!! IM FOAMING AT THE MOUTH) AND Killzone 2...

ZantetsukenQ

Sep 25, 2008
Me and some friends are all buying it. It looks too good to pass. The amount of hype around the game is astounding, but even looking at the game objectively at this point, there is no reason not to buy it. I didn't get pulled in by the COD4 online phenomenon, so with any luck, I'll be firmly engrossed in Killzone 2.

My penchant for FPS games isn't too great. In fact I really suck since I take way too long to line up shots and such. I'm not the type of gamer who froths at the mouth playing FPS's, since I prefer to play RPG's or games with a certain amount of calculation required. This will be the first FPS that I really sink my teeth into, and I can't wait.

EDIT: MrBrightside919. Same here. I don't know what it is about Street Fighter 4, but I feel that I need to buy it, and being a big nerd for figurines, I will have to get the special edition for the Crimson Viper figure. Bah, money.

Xvito

Aug 16, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
Personally I think it just looks like a good, well produced shooter with a cool realistic sci-fi universe and plenty of great action.

If any publishers are paying attention, bots are a HUGE selling point for me and my friends, we don't like to "compete" because that leaves the non-shooter fans out of the loop, this way we can all take on some brainless foes with plenty of amusing gusto.
Bots still don't make up for the lack of Co-op... Sadly.
But I'm probably picking this up anyways.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
TheBadass said:
PedroSteckecilo said:
Hey, seriously? I think I missed that. Any clue if they're smart or not?
On strength of Killzone 1 the bots won't so much be 'smart' as 'efficient'.
They won't display agreat deal of tactical intelligence but they will band together and carry out the objective with great enthusiasm and effectiveness.

Ironically the Ai in KZ1 was much better suited to the multiplayer modes than the campaign.

TheBadass

Aug 27, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
Good to see Eurogamer continue their proud tradition of being completely fucking biased. Wait, thats not good.
Hmm, I was pretty sure a nine was a fantastic score. And I'm pretty sure I wasn't wrong.

Syphonz

Aug 22, 2008
D_987 said:
It looks great, but the gunplay looks to much like Call of Duty, then again - thats a compliment.
So it plays like an FPS? I don't understand your complaint.

.Ricks.

Sep 10, 2008
IGN came out with a review, you can view it here:

[link]http://ps3.ign.com/articles/949/949161p1.html[/link]

A great 9.4, seems like I'm going to have to give this one a try.

Edit: Dam didn't see all of the OP's links sorry guy's .....

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
Looks like a great game that I most defiantly will play at my neighbors (he got a PS3 over the holidays)when he gets it. Now if only they'd spent this kind of time on Killzone:Liberation.

Donbett1974

Jan 28, 2009
Any one wants to buy a PS3 for KZ2 check KZ1 you may change you're mind or aleast take a wait and see attitude. But if you can't wait then get know great games Resistance 1 & 2, Fallout 3, Uncharted, & LittleBigPlanet.

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
Donbett1974 said:
Any one wants to buy a PS3 for KZ2 check KZ1 you may change you're mind or aleast take a wait and see attitude. But if you can't wait then get know great games Resistance 1 & 2, Fallout 3, Uncharted, & LittleBigPlanet.
While I'll be the first to say Killzone and Killzone: Liberation embody what I hate about the PS2 and PSP there is a key difference between Killzone 1 and 2, and that is 4 points.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/r_killzone_ps2

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/killzone-2-review?page=3