Killzone 2

MercFox1

Jun 19, 2008
Eggo said:
Syntax Error said:
Eggo said:
Isn't it funny how you can tell how bad the controls are just from that GIF? *sigh*
Wait a minute there. Just *how* were you able to determine that? That GIF just showed someone looking around.
Moving primarily on a single axis and then a shaky combinatorial movement which is the classic characteristic and shortcoming of analog joystick FPS aiming.
Epic win. Even when you're the one playing a console game, the fluidity compared to mouse and keyboard control is extremely easy to spot.

harhol said:
That's the most eloquent trolling I think I've ever seen.
Sorry, he's right. Just ask someone who has played Counterstrike for more than a week.

Hot damn, that trailer GIF thingy looks pretty cool, though.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Eggo said:
Yeah, if this game is supported well by the FragFX (and it's really fun as hell), I'll get a PS3 just for it.
I believe most games are supported by FragFX? Hell, a regular USB keyboard should do since the PS3 has USB ports.

Is this new news to you?

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Eggo said:
Jumplion said:
Eggo said:
Yeah, if this game is supported well by the FragFX (and it's really fun as hell), I'll get a PS3 just for it.
I believe most games are supported by FragFX? Hell, a regular USB keyboard should do since the PS3 has USB ports.

Is this new news to you?
Being supported by FragFX and being supported well by FragFX are two very different things. And not many games on the PS3 work with a regular USB mouse, let alone work well.

Is that new news to you?
I was under the impression that all FPSs have keyboard support.

This is news to YOU?

sneakypenguin

Elite Member
Legacy
Jul 31, 2008
Country
usa
Eh IGN AU basically said what I figured it would, amazing graphics and decent gameplay/MP. Everything else was just sorta meh. Can't say I'd like to play it.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
PedroSteckecilo said:
I'm probably going to pick it up for two reasons. The PS3 has built in Wi-Fi and free online play unlike my 360... and there are Bots.
Now that is something gaming has forgotten. I don't know what the problem with bots is, if you don't have online you can play by yourself and if you are hosting a private party of 4 people the bots can fill in the extra room.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Eggo said:
Jumplion said:
Eggo said:
Jumplion said:
Eggo said:

Is this new news to you?
Being supported by FragFX and being supported well by FragFX are two very different things. And not many games on the PS3 work with a regular USB mouse, let alone work well.

Is that new news to you?
I was under the impression that all FPSs have keyboard support.

This is news to YOU?
...I've talked about mice in my last three posts so why are you still on about keyboard support?

Lol wut?

harhol said:
You know what I mean.
I'm sorry but I really don't :[
Wait, mouses? If there's keyboard supported, there'd be mouse support.....wut?

The console-field is much more equal. On the PC front, you'll always have that bastard who shelled out $100 to get that damn extra sensitive and comfortable mouse control, so now it's not even anymore!

Cheater!

MercFox1

Jun 19, 2008
harhol said:
MercFox1 said:
Sorry, he's right. Just ask someone whose played Counterstrike for more than a week.
Aye, I was just joking. I still prefer console FPSs though because it's more of a level playing field. With PCs there's always the guy with a £100 mouse, leather chair and 20Mbps internet connection. Any game with a 100% emphasis on reflexes will never appeal to me.
Ah, my bad. I just prefer the style that gets you closer to the real thing; it's not unlike the line of thinking that brings people to buy $100 racing wheels for Forza 2 or GRID. I would hope a mouse/keyboard doesn't cost $100 though (knowing full well that high-end laser mouses and Logitech G5 do... :[ )

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
While I don't wanna add flames to the debate, I've always found FPS games easier to play with a controller than a mouse and keyboard setup. And I know all the PC elitists think I'm wrong, but I don't care because I like what I like.

Tattaglia

Aug 12, 2008
scnj said:
While I don't wanna add flames to the debate, I've always found FPS games easier to play with a controller than a mouse and keyboard setup. And I know all the PC elitists think I'm wrong, but I don't care because I like what I like.
Same for me, too. But you know what this argument needs? The Miami Vice intro!

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Eggo said:
Christ, people need to start playing more platforms before opening their web browsers.
Christ, you need to calm down. Maybe I should have put an [/console-tard] at the end or something, hm?
Eggo said:
scnj said:
It's awesome that you have found your preference, but I have to ask you just one question:

What do you use to control your web browser and computer in general?
And what do you use to play Killzone 2 and/or PS3 in general?

Don't start this argument, please, or we'll all need to take a "chill pill".