Killzone 2

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Richard Groovy Pants said:
You can add weight and realistic recoiling without actually making bad design choices.
I was just about to say. That idea really doesn't sound that promising.

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
While I do agree this game looks beautiful, I'm sick of fanboys warring over it. If you prefer Gears to Killzone, or Killzone to Gears then fine. Just don't turn into a hooting dickhole about it and start using scores as evidence. Scores mean nothing. Anybody can play a game that got a bad score and still like it. Look at Destroy All Humans for example, it may have got increasingly bad scores but people still like to play it.

Oh and something to tickle some people, I've been looking at message boards and fanboys have been citing the Official Playstation Magazine for scores. They've been citing comments by the reviewers such as '10/10' and 'Killzone 2 is the best console first person shooter ever made.' Now, this is the PLAYSTATION MAGAZINE. Not exactly the most unbiased people on the planet are they?

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
Doc Theta Sigma said:
While I do agree this game looks beautiful, I'm sick of fanboys warring over it. If you prefer Gears to Killzone, or Killzone to Gears then fine. Just don't turn into a hooting dickhole about it and start using scores as evidence. Scores mean nothing. Anybody can play a game that got a bad score and still like it. Look at Destroy All Humans for example, it may have got increasingly bad scores but people still like to play it.

Oh and something to tickle some people, I've been looking at message boards and fanboys have been citing the Official Playstation Magazine for scores. They've been citing comments by the reviewers such as '10/10' and 'Killzone 2 is the best console first person shooter ever made.' Now, this is the PLAYSTATION MAGAZINE. Not exactly the most unbiased people on the planet are they?
What? A magazine called "PlayStation Magazine" gives a PS3 exclusive title a 10/10? Where have I seen something like that before?

Doc Theta Sigma

Jan 5, 2009
Vlane said:
Doc Theta Sigma said:

What? A magazine called "PlayStation Magazine" gives a PS3 exclusive title a 10/10? Where have I seen something like that before?
I'm not saying it's surprising. I'm saying that some fanboys must be ridiculously stupid to think people will accept that as evidence the game is good from an unbiased point of view.

TheBadass

Aug 27, 2008
You can add weight and realistic recoiling without actually making bad design choices.
Can you name one which actually makes you feel like you're a body on the ground? Because Crysis doesn't do that. All the reviews have stressed that a sense of weight like this is something only Mirrors Edge was really pushed. In COD4, for example, you feel like a walking camera.

Edit: <url=http://www.gamestats.com/objects/748/748475//articles.html>It's not just the Playstation Magazine saying things like this.

TheBadass

Aug 27, 2008
Eggo said:
No, they're really horribly unfun and the only reason there are vibrant and active communities for these games after all these years is because the developers are secretly bribing people to keep playing them.

Yeah, that's it.
Pfft, there are active communities for Killzone as well, and that game is still pretty crap in my opinion. That's not really the best way for me to judge a game's quality. Besides, the point I was trying to make is that I've seen people hate the controls at first... and come around after giving it another try. However, there are others who say they feel like they're fighting the controls, so maybe there isn't a decent middle ground for people who want to use a FragFX, like me? I'm probably gonna stick to Sixaxis here anyway, simple because the movement speed's slower and so it's less trouble.

TheBadass

Aug 27, 2008
Breakdown.
It's weird, I just Youtubed it and the controls actually remind me a lot of Mirrors Edge and KZ2 so maybe that means Guerrila are going in the right direction.

TheBadass

Aug 27, 2008
TheBadass said:
Breakdown.
It's weird, I just Youtubed it and the controls actually remind me a lot of Mirrors Edge and KZ2 so maybe that means Guerrila are going in the right direction.
Yeah, shame that Breakdown pre-dates Mirror's Edge by 4 boggling years.
"From mindless AI to boring and generic level-design, Breakdown plays out more like a bad Schwarzenegger flick (repetitive, unfunny, and without soul) than a work of staggering genius. Yet still, this is one of those bad games I couldn't help but enjoy, even as I cursed its very existence."

Maybe there was a reason no one tried it again until now. It could go very, very wrong. There's tons of examples of games doing new and interesting ideas and still being overall crap, so we should be thankful that these concepts are being shoved into mainstream after four boggling years.

willgreg123

Aug 4, 2008
I just hope they're smart enough not to have those damn solgiers gargling in your face screaming "DIIIIE, ADVANCE, KILL HIM" like the last one.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
Looks good but then just about anything can LOOK good. Maybe it will be the turning point and make me seriously consider buying a PS3....but I wouldn't count on it :p