Kim Coindashian: The Altcoin That Wants To Be Taken Seriously (Kind Of)

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Kim Coindashian: The Altcoin That Wants To Be Taken Seriously (Kind Of)

A merger between fan club and cryptocurrency? Stranger things have happened.

If you're at all familiar with cryptocurrency then you know it's not just bitcoin out there, and you probably also know that, when it comes to altcoins, almost anything goes. Except if you name your coin after Kanye West [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131107-Coinye-West-Creators-Get-Cease-And-Desist-From-Rapper], of course; then Smithers releases the hounds. But maybe, think the makers of Kim Coindashian, his partner is the better bet, and so another altcoin is poised to enter the digital marketplace.

The Kimcoin started life not long after Disaster Movie [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131348-Kanye-Kills-Coinye] star Kim Kardashian.

"What I want to do with Kim Coindashian is take the idea of a fan club to the next level, and also bring the idea of digital currency to the general population," says co-founder Azeem. "The cryptocurrency community and the Kardashian fans are two parallel types of people who would never meet, but a venture like this would force them to intersect." At the intersection there is publicity, and that means profit.

The Coindashian people want to take cryptocurrency mainstream, removing it from the technews section and putting it in front of the world at large. For that the coin needs a public face, and Kim is about as public as you can get. The public furore around Coinye only helps push the idea. Plus, the Kardashians like to leverage opportunities; even Kim's 72-day marriage was, it's alleged, basically a chance to collect endorsements [http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/14/kim-kardashian-suing-ex-publicist-jonathan-jaxson_n_1092652.html], and to make a boatload of cash off of the wedding day. Someone like that, thinks Azeem, would jump at a chance to make a little extra cash from her brand. "I genuinely do think they [the Kardashians] would be interested."

Nothing's written in stone yet, and the Coindashian people have yet to talk to Kim's people. That's probably going to happen within a week or so; Azeem's just waiting for his moment. We'll probably be able to tell when it happens, by the mushroom cloud that'll form after Kanye implodes.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
I want to see what unfolds the very first time somebody tries to hand somebody else a piece of physical currency with Kim Kardashian's face on it.

Shaolen

Sep 13, 2007
So, they want everyone to buy into this coin, because of a chick who got famous for making a sex tape? What has this world come to?

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
wombat_of_war said:
the funny part is i could be introduced to her as "kim" face to face and still not have a clue who she is. im quite proud of the fact i know absolutely nothing about her other than shes famous for being famous
I get the impression that her television programme was designed to be some sort of Taliban training video, not unlike Jersey Shore or Big Brother.

darthzew

Jun 19, 2008
We're still doing this.

Why Kim Cardassian? I just don't get it. Is it because of her relationship to Kanye?

You know what, I'm going to make my own coin and I'm gonna be RICH. I'm gonna call it Christ Coin and I'll label it the only Holy currency. I'll put Jesus' face on it and write, "Render unto Me what is Mine."

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
Well Dodgecoin did (sort-of) take off, though Dogecoins mascot is lovable, cute, and doesn't induce homicidal urges in intelligent people.
Barbas said:
I get the impression that her television programme was designed to be some sort of Taliban training video, not unlike Jersey Shore or Big Brother.
Suddenly those series existence make sense now.

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
And here I was thinking that dogecoin was the worst thing to come from this digital currency nonsense.

Zipa

batlh bIHeghjaj.
Dec 19, 2010
Ugh when will this nonsense end? Bitcoin is falling down around its ear yet people insist on this virtual money nonsense. All it is doing is pissing off people who want to buy AMD GPUS because of the massive price hike thanks to miners.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Zipa said:
Ugh when will this nonsense end? Bitcoin is falling down around its ear yet people insist on this virtual money nonsense. All it is doing is pissing off people who want to buy AMD GPUS because of the massive price hike thanks to miners.
Yeah... My card I bought in October now costs, like, 70 more now than it did then.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Strazzy, before you even say anything: It's not legal tender. We've been over this and it's been proven in my favor.

That said, I'm suddenly recalling a similar issue involving M. Bison.

...and Cobra Commander.

...and other Saturday morning cartoon villains.

Can we just vote these people off the island, please?

Adam Locking

Aug 10, 2012
I think we should hold a sweepstake to guess how long until the name changes to "Kim CoindaShire" and the picture on the front is replaced with a Hobbit. Calling it now, 8 days max.

DoveAlexa

Oct 28, 2009
I thought that everybody was clear that this was just a bunch of people trying to annoy another bunch of people, not a serious attempt at currency making. You can relax, no one is making a living and/or making the world worse with this. Just TMZ style harassment.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Seriously, when the hell are the klingons going to arrive and help us get rid of these god damn kardashians?

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
They are going to get sued like Coyene West was and die.

Ed130 The Vanguard said:
Well Dodgecoin did (sort-of) take off, though Dogecoins mascot is lovable, cute, and doesn't induce homicidal urges in intelligent people.
not really. dogecoin is still quite worthless. 1 dogecoin is worth 0.000155 USD as of the moment im posting this based on googled marketplace. as i acutually dont trade in them i got no idea how accurate this site is.
Source [http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/coins/show/doge]

FalloutJack said:
Strazzy, before you even say anything: It's not legal tender. We've been over this and it's been proven in my favor.
Its nice that you remember to mention me in every thread about cryptocurrency. If only you also remmeber that you were in fact proven wrong and then kept on repeating "well your not going to convince me anyway" and kept thinking your opinion is fact.

Racecarlock said:
Seriously, when the hell are the klingons going to arrive and help us get rid of these god damn kardashians?
Plot twist: Kardashians ARE klingons.

FalloutJack

Nov 20, 2008
Strazdas said:
Incorrect. The bitcoin has fallen through. I'm sorry, but you can't fall back on that. It's as phony and worthless as a Nuka-Cola cap pre-war. It's a pog, a boxtop, and a bounced check. Not only in theory, but in reality. Besides, I told you that legal proceedings would not allow it in our discussion before, and I was right.

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
FalloutJack said:
Strazdas said:
Incorrect. The bitcoin has fallen through. I'm sorry, but you can't fall back on that. It's as phony and worthless as a Nuka-Cola cap pre-war. It's a pog, a boxtop, and a bounced check. Not only in theory, but in reality. Besides, I told you that legal proceedings would not allow it in our discussion before, and I was right.
Maybe you should go back and reread it then.
The value of the coin has nothing to do with it being legal tender. Everything is worth only as much as you are willing to pay for it, and people pay a lot of bitcoins.
No, in fact you were proven that any item can be used as currency in US as well as trade in nature being legally allowed (which means you can accept any item as payment).

Claiming something does not make it real. Sorry, such is life.

FalloutJack

Nov 20, 2008
Strazdas said:
Here you go: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.842272-Bitcoin-Value-Plunges-as-DDoS-Strikes-Currency-Exchanges?page=1

The people running it are criminals, the bitcoins are not acceptable for court-costs, it's been quite outed as a money scheme, the site is GONE, and people are going "SELL! SELL! SELL!" like it's 1929. The bottom has fallen out, Enron has popped, and I rest my case. If a news report comes in here saying that it's wholey-revived somehow, I will upgrade its status back to 'highly dubious', but for now I will label it 'deader than disco' and I don't think it's coming back.

EDIT: Oh, also?

That is the very definition of the problem the bitcoin has. I thank you for putting it so succinctly.

Strazdas

May 28, 2011
FalloutJack said:
Strazdas said:
Here you go: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.842272-Bitcoin-Value-Plunges-as-DDoS-Strikes-Currency-Exchanges?page=1

The people running it are criminals, the bitcoins are not acceptable for court-costs, it's been quite outed as a money scheme, the site is GONE, and people are going "SELL! SELL! SELL!" like it's 1929. The bottom has fallen out, Enron has popped, and I rest my case. If a news report comes in here saying that it's wholey-revived somehow, I will upgrade its status back to 'highly dubious', but for now I will label it 'deader than disco' and I don't think it's coming back.

EDIT: Oh, also?

That is the very definition of the problem the bitcoin has. I thank you for putting it so succinctly.
Yes, people running DDos attacks are criminals. But you probably mean that one exchange company that bailed recently (in which case wrong link). It is true that they stole the money and ran. This has never happened with real banks? oh, wait, it has. In fact, we had one here just 2 years ago.
Bitcoin price has fallen on average, however there are exchanges where the price is rising. Or at least thats what googled websites claim. Same thing happened to, oh, i dont know, USD and EUR when the banks had troubles. This is nothing new. You got no case to rest here.

Either way this isnt even what you claimed to begin with. You claimed its not legal tender, which is a false claim, not whether its value is falling or rising. I agree that the price of bitcoins is quite clear bubble, however not that the things are useless or even not desired. COnsidering that one random marketplace i picked claim its actually worth 962.96 USD at the moment im typing this. Source [http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/localbtcUSD.html].

What you think is irrelevant. what the market thinks is.

Oh, and you know what is also not acceptable for court costs? Euros. Yet they are just as real currency as any other.

FalloutJack

Nov 20, 2008
Strazdas said:
Could you stay on topic please? We're not talking about Euros. We're talking about the made-up fantasy money that - as per the points in the thread that I provided - has no backing, no country, no regulation, and no site. We're talking about the so-called money which has been looked at and referred to as a scam, whose owners laundered money and ran drugs with people's real money under the table. It's not an opinion. It has been proven a fact. I waited patiently to see what would happen, and - as per my theory - the bitcoin has collapsed. I'm sorry, but it's passed the scientific method at this point. The experiment bears out in my favor. If you wish to prove that wrong, you should do what I did and wait for more evidence, an update, a new report on the matter.