Kim Kardashian as Lara Croft?

mornal

Aug 19, 2009
While I'm not the biggest fan of people who are famous for being famous, I don't really care if she's Lara Croft or not. As long as she can act (which I have my doubts about).

Willis_D

May 27, 2009
While like many others a part of me has died, the idea of her as Lara Croft has made another part of me become quite lively!

...What? I mean my fingers. Because I'm typing about how much I dislike Kim Kardashian and the idea of her as Lara Croft. I just don't think she'd be a good actress (I may be wrong though), and I don't even know what she's done to become famous. But still, I could be proven wrong. It's possible.

dekkarax

Apr 3, 2008
wouldn't Lara's VA from the games (Keeley Hawes) be a better idea? Considering she can act.

IanBrazen

Oct 17, 2008
MatParker116 said:
http://kotaku.com/5555675/kim-kardashian-as-lara-croft-sounds-wrong?skyline=true&s=i

Fuck Right off this is just a terrible decision if true.
As long as its not Megan effing Fox I can deal with it.

theSchlub

Mar 24, 2009
IanBrazen said:
MatParker116 said:
http://kotaku.com/5555675/kim-kardashian-as-lara-croft-sounds-wrong?skyline=true&s=i

Too true.

At first I thought I would find this infuriating, but then I thought "Wait, the tomb raider movies sucked!", and I decided to simply stand aside and let another vapid airhead have an equally vapid film franchise. Frankly, even with Angeline Jolie the Tomb Raiders movies were nothing special. She had a far better role in Sky Captain for christ' sake!

IanBrazen

Oct 17, 2008
theSchlub said:
IanBrazen said:
MatParker116 said:

Too true.

At first I thought I would find this infuriating, but then I thought "Wait, the tomb raider movies sucked!", and I decided to simply stand aside and let another vapid airhead have an equally vapid film franchise. Frankly, even with Angeline Jolie the Tomb Raiders movies were nothing special. She had a far better role in Sky Captain for christ' sake!
You really have a point. Why get angry about whose playing lara, its not like they would be disgracing the former glory of tomb raider movies.
Vote with your wallet people, if you dont like what they are doing dont go to see it.

But still I dont want megan fox skanking up any of my favorite series anymore.

WorkerMurphey

Jan 24, 2010
If Kendra Wilkinson gets picked to play Cortana in a Halo movie, yeah maybe I'll care. But Tomb Raider? That's like worrying about what kind of bird craps on my car. I'd rather the car didn't get crapped on (or no new Tomb Raider movie be made).

Bonus points for your brain if you don't know who Kendra Wilkinson is.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
So who the hell is she? And where did she come from? And why has Hollywood gotten into the habit of casting supermodels instead of professional (I use the term "professional" loosely) actresses as central characters in major motion pictures?