Kinda sad we never got this Resident Evil 4

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private

RE 4's Beta/Alpha version was practically a different game entirely, and kinda bummed they never bothered re-using the concepts and locations you see in this version of the game in a future one.

I have heard something about the upcoming Resident Evil 4 Remake using ideas from the Beta version, but I havne't found any statements that confirms it.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
RE 4's Beta/Alpha version was practically a different game entirely, and kinda bummed they never bothered re-using the concepts and locations you see in this version of the game in a future one.
The self-moving knights, which are infected with the Plagas parasites, is one of the few concepts Capcom borrowed from one of the old builds. I really not that bummed out about what could have been. If anything, this further proves Capcom had no idea where to go after Racoon City, with Shinji and company just throwing darts at whatever worked. This is even more noticeable with RE5 after Shinji Mikami left.

I have heard something about the upcoming Resident Evil 4 Remake using ideas from the Beta version, but I havne't found any statements that confirms it.
Nothing, but constant false rumors, wish fulfillment, and fan wank videos. I am not going off of any of their hearsay. Be patient and wait.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Ehh, I mean it looks kinda neat, but it also looks like its very plodding and you constantly have to dodge back from environmental traps, which would get very annoying. It certainly wouldn't have set the gaming world on fire like RE4 did.

Reactions: BrawlMan

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
The self-moving knights, which are infected with the Plagas parasites, is one of the few concepts Capcom borrowed from one of the old builds. I really not that bummed out about what could have been. If anything, this further proves Capcom had no idea where to go after Racoon City, with Shinji and company just throwing darts at whatever worked. This is even more noticeable with RE5 after Shinji Mikami left.

Nothing, but constant false rumors, wish fulfillment, and fan wank videos. I am not going off of any of their hearsay. Be patient and wait.
But a lot those darts that didn't hit the mark, were still very interesting darts that could have been salvaged more.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
But a lot those darts that didn't hit the mark, were still very interesting darts that could have been salvaged more.
So? I am not going to constantly lament about what could have been. What happened; happened. Just be happy Capcom has been back on the right track now, as a whole. I may not like RE7, and only will care about RE8 when Gold Edition comes out with the 3rd person, but I am glad the series has found some way to move forward. I suggest you do the same, as I moved on years ago. Besides, I don't have much nostalgia for RE4 to begin with and find many more over-the-shoulder horror games more interesting than the trend setter.