Kinect Hacker Gives Juggling Skills to Minecraft Monuments

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Am I the only one who can see people doing some very... rude things with this feature?

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
HankMan said:
LoL JUGGLE physics!

OT: Oh God, this is incredibly awesome! I can't wait to see what would happen if you set this loose in a city. Oh the possibilities. >:)

Femaref

May 4, 2008
NaTe Viniconis said:
manythings said:
danpascooch said:
manythings said:
danpascooch said:
So he made them move WHILE he was in the game? How is that even possible?
His kinect camera is sending the data into minecraft and some translation programme is turning that data into minecraft blocks.
Yeah, but most map editors require that the file not be currently read or written to while using it, which to be honest, is something almost EVERYTHING requires, I'm more impressed that he can edit the maps while Minecraft is using them then the actual Kinect hack!
Well it's not so much moving as changing so maybe it is a preset collection of pictures taken by the Kinect and set in a cycle. Each picture gets ported in turn providing the illusion of movement.
Exactly.. MineCraft has to be closed and reopened for each frame. That's why the clouds move so quickly in the background. A Python script did all this work for me though!
Well, the protocol of the client/server communication is available on the net, so you could create your own server and feed the data of the kinect into the server software.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
Blind Sight said:
Johnnyallstar said:
OH NOES IT'S KAT KONG!

RAWRS IM IN UR CITY EATIN UR TOWERZ!
My god, people still remember Dav Pilkey? Excellent.

Is in odd that I imagine the Minecraft guy riding on the back of the giant cat, driving it forward a la Dune?

THE BLOCKS MUST FLOW!
I actually had to look for a good image from that book. It's obscure enough that it wasn't easily found haha.