Kinect Sells Surprisingly Well in Japan

DayDark

Oct 31, 2007
Seriously, Kinect is nice and all, but when are we gonna get a Controller with a Trackball instead of a right analog stick?

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
The fact that these things sold well at all, anywhere, is depressing...

Delusibeta said:
As I said elsewhere, I'm predicting the next generation of consoles will have motion controls as its focus instead of GRAPHIX.
Yeah... Except at least focusing on graphics won't hinder gameplay.

Let's hope that, if they do, at least they do something decent with the gameplay, instead of the giant bag of gimmick it is right now.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
For some reason I remember seeing an article saying that it wasn't doing well at all

blarghblarghhhhh

Mar 16, 2010
Ahlycks said:
Logan Westbrook said:
In comparison, the Wii sold over 27,000 units , the PS3 sold over 29,000 and the top selling of the week, the PSP, sold more than 96,000.
FUCK YEAH PSP.

wait. How did it get so many sales suddenly? I mean, they latest one came out like a year ago, I don't understand how it will get so many sales.
monster hunter.

Midniqht

Beer Quaffer
Jul 10, 2009
This was kind of obvious...

Sony and Nintendo are gonna sell more because they're Japanese companies, with longstanding Japanese games and classics. The Japanese market is very different from any other. They're more likely to buy a new Wii bundle just because it comes with Mario

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Another thread full of hate and bile. Why even bother posting any motion controlled news articles when you (the editor) knows the vocal majority of board users will just shit on anything related? What so forum users can keep their post counts up?

tigana

Nov 24, 2010
if you want to hear what the Japanese really think, why not read the reviews (translated) in Amazon Japan.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
I hope the Kinect eventually falls so low that they lower the price. Right now it's a 150$ perifferal for Dance Centeral.

So, a little over 200$ for Dance Central. lol Seriously, the rest of the games are either bland jokes or crappy games like Sonic Fail Riders.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
tigana said:
if you want to hear what the Japanese really think, why not read the reviews (translated) in Amazon Japan.
---------------
In any case, the reaction is good, is. The arm becomes completely the controller. Extent smooth is not lag of the picture almost and is surprised. You were surprised to also the good quality of precision of speech recognition. Although it is left from [kinekuto] rather, rather than using the head microphone, sound recognizing the w face in clearing, sign in, the [za] doing the hand, such as point operation and indicating in the sound, operation, future operation is everything possible. Because you recognize from position to depth, the feeling where your own body and spatial everything around become the controller. If this 1 units it is, because you can play with everyone, also it is good also for the various not buying [te] to be good with addition, is. Bundled being done, furthermore as for [ru] [kinekutoadobenchiya], be it is, you play and also the element has entered and can play very. Simply, because after all it is enrollment software position, if [kinekuto] skill is done, when you prepare also the other software, whether one is good, that. You played dance evolution, but you recognizing your own movement entirely, being truly the future game like, just a little you were impressed. Trial version of joy ride being free, because it can download, you recommend that.
---------------

The Engrish. It hurts.

SaintWaldo

Interzone Vagabond
Jun 10, 2008
Logan Westbrook said:
26,000 might not sound like a lot, especially not compared to the million units sold [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105318-One-Million-Kinects-Sold-in-Just-Ten-Days] in ten days in the US, but Microsoft has had great difficulty in finding a foothold for the Xbox 360 in Japan, so the results are encouraging. Kinect's launch also gave sales of the console itself a boost, with just over 7,000 Xbox 360s sold, a significant increase over last week's total of around 2,000.
Ah, the soft bigotry of lowered expectations.