Kinect Takes Aim at Halo: Anniversary

Tommeh Brownleh

May 26, 2011
Guilty Spark industries (343 guilty spark, let us start a punomenon) is probably going to do a great job with this game and the kinect support will be completely optional. Do you realize how many people they are preventing from buying their game if they make it kinect only? A lot.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
I'm laughing at how many people are Speculating about whether the Kinect support will be optional...

Especially since the article itself reads: 343 responded to the announcement with a post on Halo Waypoint forums, assuring players that Kinect support would be fully optional.

Unfortunately I can't say that I'm laughing at the staggering amount of people who've outright said the game is doomed because of Kinect integration...

Didn't read the article then fellows?

If they want to put it in, then fair play to them.

That's all I have to say on the actual matter...

Well besides maybe.

GOD I HOPE IT'LL BE OPTIONAL LIKE THEY JUST SAID!!! D:

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
It can't possibly be more ridiculous than the Ghost Recon's demo at this year's E3... does it?.

repeating integers

Mar 17, 2010
Kinect: Ready! Aiiim! Fi-*blam*
Announcer: Infected. New zombie.

Yeah, I won't be using this - I don't have Kinect anyway, not got the spare money or interest to throw around. I just can't wait for the game itself.

Whyyy must it be several months away...

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
The only thing I can think of in Halo that would be improved with kinect is forge.

Good god that would be amazing.

harv3034

Sep 23, 2010
Am I the only one SICK and F*CKIN TIRED of hearing people ***** and moan about the Kinect?
I mean really, they only put it in to try (vainly) at getting the hardcore crowd to embrace the damn thing.

And I'm pretty sure it will be optional; but if not i will eat my keyboard gladly (and mail my bloody, plastic filled shit to 343 industries with a card saying "this is your fault".)

Oh, and I'm not a big fan of Halo for the record. I enjoyed the first but quickly got tired of it. As such this dosent really phase me, and was no surprise at all.

EDIT: I am in complete agreement with KedynCrow on this topic.

Karma168

Nov 7, 2010
If you consider that the original halo files could probably fit on the internal memory of a digital camera then the devs have a load of free space to add optional features. they've already said they won't change the core game so an experiment in controls is what's left to try.

Killzone 3 was a hardcore game that made use of motion controls. It makes sense that microsoft would try something similar with their biggest exclusive.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
I love how people are worried about this. As far as I can tell, it's just another way to keep the Kinect out of its box. If you don't have one though, it should still be the same old Halo experience.

Apr 28, 2008
Archemetis said:
I'm laughing at how many people are Speculating about whether the Kinect support will be optional...

Especially since the article itself reads: 343 responded to the announcement with a post on Halo Waypoint forums, assuring players that Kinect support would be fully optional.

Unfortunately I can't say that I'm laughing at the staggering amount of people who've outright said the game is doomed because of Kinect integration...

Didn't read the article then fellows?

If they want to put it in, then fair play to them.

That's all I have to say on the actual matter...

Well besides maybe.

GOD I HOPE IT'LL BE OPTIONAL LIKE THEY JUST SAID!!! D:
Now I get why Obama said gamers need to read more.

Seriously people, it's optional. Calm the fuck down.

MgalekgoloHunter

Jan 20, 2010
Oh joy. That game I played about a decade ago is now improved with extra arm-flailing. Truly it was well worth riding this franchise into the ground like George Lucas was running it.

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
I don't really see how it could add anything to Halo. But maybe they had some sort of brilliant idea and that's why they are throwing it in there as an option.

GrizzlerBorno

Sep 2, 2010
Zhukov said:
I'm not sure whether I should feel sorry for Halo fans or just laugh at them.

With any luck it will be optional or completely unnecessary, like that business with ME3.
It'll probably just be voice-integration, yeah. Why we can't do that with Headphones w/mics, (I.E. Something EVERYONE ALREADY HAS) is beyond my tiny, "slave-to-the-consumerism-mistress" mind.

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
It'd be kinda fun to throw plasma grenades using it. Other than that...no.

Jabberwock King

Mar 27, 2011
Jabberwock xeno said:
The only thing I can think of in Halo that would be improved with kinect is forge.

Damn! I love that idea. Speaking of Kinect based creative editors, does anyone know if Kinect could be made compatible with Google SketchUp?

EDIT: Oh wait! I just got a great brain fart! Does anyone remember how you could remote control missiles in B:BC2? What if you could do that with Kinect? It's unlikely to be implemented by anyone, but I like it.

WorldFree55

May 22, 2011
I really like this, at least now developers are actually taking the Kinect Seriously instead of simple casual party games.

Can't wait to see how it works.

Tonythion

Aug 28, 2010
Jabberwock xeno said:

Oh God yesssssss.

But anyways. I actually am looking forward to it. I know the controls are crap at the moment but it's optional. If you want to give it a whirl you can and if you don't like it turn it off. Plus if you don't develop games for the Kinect it will never ever get better.

Give it a chance and hopefully later on in the future immersion will be...complete...

Although I will never try it...because I don't have kinect and most likely won't get one until the controls are awesome/I have some cash moniesss

Riku'sTwilight

Dec 21, 2009
Jabberwock xeno said:

^ This.

Good imagination Sir.

If they could make Forge exactly like the Gunsmith mode of Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, where you use voice commands and rotate the pieces based on your hand movements, Forge would get a hell of a lot better..and more creative than what it already is.

penguindogexd

Jun 20, 2011
what so now we don't have to only have to put up with 12 year olds verbally trolling us, now they can give us the finger aswell?