Kinect Takes Aim at Halo: Anniversary

bluewolf

Apr 16, 2011
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I hate you 343 studios! Kinect suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
I don't get it. Why are people whining about an option?! I dare anyone to reasonably justify why that is a logical way of thinking.

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Wait, WHAT?! Did the reactions to Kinect integration with ME3 not teach anything? I can't- oh wait, it's optional. Hm. I dunno. I'm divided by this. I quite like Kinect and I think the technology is fucking amazing. On the other hand, I don't know what it's hoping to accomplish with Kinect integration in ME3, Ghost Recon, and now this. I have to admit that some of the ways they use it is pretty damned cool, so we'll see. Color me excited, but a tad cautious.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
unabomberman said:
I don't get it. Why are people whining about an option?! I dare anyone to reasonably justify why that is a logical way of thinking.
"Well, I didn't read that it was optional."

That seems to be the only possible way to justify it. They didn't read that it was.
bluewolf said:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I hate you 343 studios! Kinect suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!
Take this guy for example. He's already stating that he hates 343i because CE:A will have Kinect compatibility. Seems he thinks that's ruined the game.

Even though you can play the game until you die at the age of 117 (c wat i did thar?) without using Kinect with it once.

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
Archemetis said:
I'm laughing at how many people are Speculating about whether the Kinect support will be optional...

Especially since the article itself reads: 343 responded to the announcement with a post on Halo Waypoint forums, assuring players that Kinect support would be fully optional.

Unfortunately I can't say that I'm laughing at the staggering amount of people who've outright said the game is doomed because of Kinect integration...

Didn't read the article then fellows?

If they want to put it in, then fair play to them.

That's all I have to say on the actual matter...

Well besides maybe.

GOD I HOPE IT'LL BE OPTIONAL LIKE THEY JUST SAID!!! D:
thank you
just, thank you

DesertMummy

Jan 6, 2011
I wasn't going to buy this game, but now that I heard this, Improbably am going to pick this one up. I am all for the whole optional Kinect integration stuff. Its an experiment, and I am more than willing to participate in it.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
VGC USpartan VS said:
No, just no.

I've already used the Kinect, good idea, terrible excecution.
Nothing else to add, I literally said the same thing when I saw this.

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
Oh good, the one thing I wanted more of while playing Halo was exercise. If only I could have played it standing up while performing unintuitive actions to move in a 3D enviroment and hopeing the sensor picks up tossing a grenade this time that game would have been perfect.

Meh, as long as it's optional I... well I don't exactly not care, but it's more of a bemused curiosity than real hatred. What overpaid idiot is forcing these motion controls into games that they just don't fit in? Did they never get that round block/square hole toy when they were little? Whatever, I'll be playing with it turned off and laughing since it isn't my money paying for it.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
"I will single-handedly drive out these beasts! They will rue this day!" *arm flails*

MajorDolphin

Apr 26, 2011
Optional... sure.

The Playstation Move is optional in Socom4 as well but the implementation of that gimmick device RUINED the game. Everything about the game was changed to incorporate that tech in and simple things like recoil had to be removed. (not that Halo had recoil to begin with) Some have gone as far as to suggest the soul of the game was removed and a broken Wii remote was crammed in its place.

Forcing the Kinect into a game like this will change things for controller users more than you imagine. They're using Halo: Anniversary to SELL Kinects and in the end the game and Halo community will suffer for it.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Could work, depending on what they use it for but it's good to see "hardcore" games coming out with Kinect compatibility, if not a full Kinect only game yet.

Von Strimmer

Apr 17, 2011
This has 100% absolutely and postively reinforced my notion to get this game :D Kinect can and will be great any time they get to fiddle with it is good in my books... Just so long AS THE ARTICLE SAYS its optional

Srs bzns

Feb 4, 2011
Jabberwock xeno said:
The only thing I can think of in Halo that would be improved with kinect is forge.

Good god that would be amazing.
Pity, Anniversary won't feature Forge.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
I don't care about optional control schemes. Hell, games need more options, so I'm not going to get mad at any dev that offers them. I am wondering how they are going to do this, though. Halo has no dialog choices to pick or squadmates to issue commands to.

Irridium said:
Now I get why Obama said gamers need to read more.

Seriously people, it's optional. Calm the fuck down.
HAHAHA! Best post ever.