Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
male, pronouns: your majesty/my lord/daddy
I kinda wished they'd go with a Samurai Showdown artstyle for this rather than an upgraded XIV look but it's ok I guess. I wanna see more of the mechanics to figure out if I'll give this a shot, not been a fan of this series, mainly played XIII at locals back in the day. They do have some cool chars though so maybe I'll try this one. Lets hope it has rollback netcode.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Yeah this still just looks like XIV to me, I hope they release more new mechanics details soon.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
For an extraordinarily generous definition of "trailer". How long before these things are five seconds long and show about a quarter-second of gameplay?
Yeah, I know it sucks. All sudden now people are starting to copy Arc system works style of trailers. I honestly prefer the Capcom or Netherealm studios method where they actually give you details.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Those kinds of trailers are done when something is work in progress, can't be helped, it's either that or no trailer for half a year more. I do think they announced this game a bit too soon though.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa

Is this sleepy boi new? Either way, kenpo looks pretty swag not gonna lie. Not my style of char cause he's more comedic than cool but he's not bad either.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
How do you feel about supporting this game when Mohammed bin Salman is the majority shareholder now for SNK?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
How do you feel about supporting this game when Mohammed bin Salman is the majority shareholder now for SNK?
You mean this:

I am not happy about it, if that is what you're wondering. I still plan on getting the game, because I like SNK games, but I will still callout bullshit when I see it. I played Samurai Showdown (2019) before the buy out, and I will still play it after. If you ain't buying it, I hold nothing against you.

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
You mean this:

I am not happy about it, if that is what you're wondering. I still plan on getting the game, because I like SNK games, but I will still callout bullshit when I see it. I played Samurai Showdown (2019) before the buy out, and I will still play it after. If you ain't buying it, I hold nothing against you.

On your moral scale is being owned by a human right violating murderer better or worse than crunching your employees?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
On your moral scale is being owned by a human right violating murderer better or worse than crunching your employees?
Better answer is they both equally suck and I would not like to be under thumb of either one. Thankfully. I have a job where people try and get shit done without being an abusive asshole. Sucks hard that they were bought out by him. Look if you're trying to start shit or play the high moral ground, cut it out. Not in the mood. I am only saying this, because you have a track record of doing this.

Hell, I never would have predicted the Prince of Saudi would buy SNK. If I decide not to buy it, oh well. I got plenty of other fighting games to play. Worse case scenario; buy it used. I will still call them (mainly him) for any of the shit they try or have done. I ain't gonna hate all of SNK because this douche bag.

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Better answer is they both equally suck and I would not like to be under thumb of either one. Thankfully. I have a job where people try and get shit done without being an abusive asshole. Sucks hard that they were bought out by him. Look if you're trying to start shit or play the high moral ground, cut it out. Not in the mood. I am only saying this, because you have a track record of doing this.

Hell, I never would have predicted the Prince of Saudi would buy SNK. If I decide not to buy it, oh well. I got plenty of other fighting games to play. Worse case scenario; buy it used. I will still call them (mainly him) for any of the shit they try or have done. I ain't gonna hate all of SNK because this douche bag.
I know you don't appreciate me calling out your opinions, mostly because a lot of your opinions are not logically consistent. That's not meant to be a dig at you, most people's opinions aren't logically consistent. It's just more fun to talk about silly things in video games than it is to talk about politics, because unlike politics people's opinions on a video game or the video game industry might actually change.

I'm always curious about discussing things with you though because you share your opinions vary passionately.

This topic for instance, I don't think you'd as willingly support SNK if you didn't already have a love of SNK and fighting games in general. I would personally say that a company crunching it's workers isn't as bad as a company being owned and run by rapists and sex offenders (Ubisoft) or a company being run by an unrepentant murder, but you're clearly a lot more willing to "boycott" games made by the former rather than the later, and I think that has more to do with the value you place on their products rather than the value you place on how bad their actions actually are.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I know you don't appreciate me calling out your opinions, mostly because a lot of your opinions are not logically consistent. That's not meant to be a dig at you, most people's opinions aren't logically consistent.
Most my opinions have been logically consistent. I have an odd one or two every now and then, but that happens with everyone. We have our disagreements, but I've found most of your opinions logically consistent regardless if I agreed with you or not.

I'm always curious about discussing things with you though because you share your opinions vary passionately.
Thank you.

This topic for instance, I don't think you'd as willingly support SNK if you didn't already have a love of SNK and fighting games in general.
Guess what? Capcom, SNK, and Sega has been in my life for a long time. Now you know.

would personally say that a company crunching it's workers isn't as bad as a company being owned and run by rapists and sex offenders (Ubisoft) or a company being run by an unrepentant murder
Here's the thing crunching is still a humans rights violation; especially how bad it gets with certain companies. Ubisoft and The Prince are under the same category of scum as far as I am concerned. With the exception of the recent new owner of SNK, those guys and gals almost always put their heart and souls in their games. Especially in the golden age. They did the for the art. In the end, it was a double edge sword as they filed for bankruptcy in the early 2000s. You know the rest of SNKs story from here.

I think that has more to do with the value you place on their products rather than the value you place on how bad their actions actually are.
That is where you are wrong and are partially correct in some regard, because most their products have no value to me (Activision, Ubisoft, 2K, Bethesda, etc). They are all shit, and people's talents and passion is being wasted on slop to be abused by bunch of wannabe alpha assholes. I still don't like how they do things and I'm afraid the same thing will happen to SNK. I don't know what's going to happen, so I will have to wait and see. For the record, I have not even pre-ordered KOFXV yet. So it is not a life or death situation for me. If and when things starting get fucking bad and apocalyptic, I won't support the fuckwad. There's talented people in that company I don't want to see hurt or worse. SNK don't deserve being owned by a bastard like that. Not after all the shit and trials they've been through.

Last edited:

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
That is where you are wrong and are partially correct in some regard, because most their products have no value to me (Activision, Ubisoft, 2K, Bethesda, etc). They are are all shit, and people's talents and passion is being wasted on slop to be abused by bunch of wannabe alpha assholes. I still don't like how they do things and I'm afraid the same thing will happen to SNK. I don't know what's going to happen, so I will have to wait and see. For the record, I have not even pre-ordered KOFXV yet. So it is not a life or death situation for me. If and when things starting get fucking bad and apocalyptic, I won't support the fuckwad. There's talented people in that company I don't want to see hurt or worse. SNK don't deserve being owned by a bastard like that. Not after all the shit and trials they've been through.
This is fair, I don't want to see the creative people at SNK hurt, but at the same time, those talented employees can always get jobs at another company. They can go to Capcom, Platinum, Sega, From Software, Atlus, etc and do very well there. Hell, they could start their own company and make new IPs, Prince of Fighters, and Shinobi Shodown.

The only way to stick it to a rich piece of shit like Mohammed bin Salman is messing with his money, and that means messing with his investments. If that means sinking SNK's games then that's an unfortunate price I would be willing to pay (and I say that as someone who thinks that Metal Slug is the best arcade series ever made).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
This is fair, I don't want to see the creative people at SNK hurt, but at the same time, those talented employees can always get jobs at another company. They can go to Capcom, Platinum, Sega, From Software, Atlus, etc and do very well there.
That's a best case scenario, though I rather not have them under Sega if possible. They deserve better with Capcom or Platinum.

The only way to stick it to a rich piece of shit like Mohammed bin Salman is messing with his money, and that means messing with his investments.
You're probably would have to pull off a Joker or Johan and literally steal all the money burn it.

and I say that as someone who thinks that Metal Slug is the best arcade series ever made
Yep.

Dreiko

Elite Member
Legacy
May 1, 2020
CT
Country
usa
Oh that explains why that latest dlc arab chick in XIV was apparently OP. Fun times haha.

But yeah unless it has ggpo anyone from the middle east will lag like crazy so I hope they don't infest the netplay now that their king is seen as somehow giving his blessing to this game.

But yeah I enjoy the irony of the man of the prude god being the financial backing behind this:

tumblr_inline_o7yn7sNI081ri065t_500.gif

Pretty sure this is NOT the ninja suit god intended for women according to his religion that his country has to live (and more importantly die) for.