Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delayed Into Next Year

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delayed Into Next Year

Medieval RPG Kingdom Come: Deliverance has been delayed again, and is now coming in 2018.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a medieval RPG that got its start on Kickstarter back in 2014. Originally slated to release in 2016, it was pushed back to 2017, and has now been given a release date in February 2018.

The game drops players into a period-accurate world, and tasks them with fighting their way to the throne. You'll find mounted combat, siege warfare, large battles, and more. There's no magic or high fantasy to be found. Instead, the game focuses on historically-inspired characters and themes.

Warhorse Studios says that this delay will allow its team to, "secure the best quality for the future gamers and community of Kingdom Come: Deliverance."

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on February 13, 2018.

[gallery=7492]

Darth Rosenberg

Oct 25, 2011
Obvious comment is obvious, but... Fair enough. I'd much rather wait several months more for a game to come out, so long as they use that period to iron out issues or/and get things running more smoothly.

I have some nerdy nitpicks about its core combat system (or at least I did from the last time I saw it in action properly), but overall it looks endearingly 'realistic'.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
I take it that I was the only one who thought dueling banjos whem I read the title?

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
I'd be happy if they delayed it a whole further year to add in 3rd person view. I just can't see this competing with Bannerlord without it.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
the trailer made me less excited for the game to be honest.

only survivor of a massacre of his village and family vows revenge against the muppet who did it.. its a walking cliche. i just hope the world and game play makes it worth it

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
The relatively recent developer demonstration of this game made it look pretty bad. I lost a lot of interest in the game and it looked like there was a looooot of work left to do. It was originally pitched with its visuals, but now that it's current gen, the gameplay has to be just right

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
An unproven studio with an ambitious project backed by Kickstarter faces severe delays? Say it ain't so.

senaji

Sep 28, 2014
It will be necessary to be patient for this game. if it is to release a good game well finalized and complete one can attedre still some months.