Kingdom Hearts III Director Eyes Star Wars Characters

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Am I the only one who things the whole Kingdom Hearts thing is like a piece of fan-fiction gone way too far?

I am, aren't I?

Whelp, each his own, I guess...

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I've love for this to happen! I'd treat it as canon and piss off my roommate.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
This was the second thing I thought of when I read that Disney had acquired Star Wars. I really want a Lightsaber Keyblade.
I wonder how watered down Deadpool's character would be if he were to appear in a Kingdom Hearts game.

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
While not a big start wars fan, I'm still very interested in star wars joining the Kingdom Hearts universe (hopefully more than a token summon... though if you could summon an AT-AT...).

Also, I'll parrot everyone else about the extreme want for a lightsber keyblade. Then again, would we use anything else once we attained it regardless of power?

Sylocat

Sci-Fi & Shakespeare
Nov 13, 2007
If this doesn't happen, I'll have learned a lot about how copyright and patent laws work, because legal issues are the only reason Disney wouldn't want to make the amount of money that this would get them.

Prediction: The last shot of the Kingdom Hearts IV trailer will be of Sora (assuming it's still Sora) drawing a lightsaber Keyblade as the camera swivels around to show Darth Vader for a split second before it ends.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
The 90's will explode when it hears about the battle between Sephiroth and Darth Vader in Kingdom Hearts IV!

lancar

Aug 11, 2009
This is probably the most exitement I've felt towards Star Wars in a very long time :) I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Hm, I'm wary about this. On the one hand it would be awesome to see Darth Vader in the game, but on the other hand this could possibly include Jar-Jar Binks...>.>

At least one thing is for sure, at least we know that Xemnas was indeed an honorary Sith Lord seeing as he had dual lightsabers and has the ability to shoot lighting.

Heck look at the battle from the first Final Mix:

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Zombie_Moogle said:
I've had my fingers crossed for this since the Lucasfilm acquisition

Lightsaber Keyblade. Want
You know that there was art of lightsaber keyblades, well drawn art too, within 6 hours of the announcement that disney acquired lucasfilm?

There's a very VERY low number of ways they could combine the 2 WRONG. Putting Jar Jar as an important character would be 1 of them. Even in the prequel trilogy he was just there to merchandise to kids, there's no point in including him. Another gungan, maybe, just not him. The name alone attracts too much (moderately unwarranted) hate.

Toadfish1

May 28, 2013
If they try this, they are gonna be hit with the mother of all lawsuits.

EA hav e the exclusive liscence to make games using the Star Wars IP. Kingdom Hearts is not owned by EA. Open. And. Shut. It doesn't matter if you think thats not how it should be, thats how it is.

rayen020

May 20, 2009
Nah, Kingdom hearts can live without Star Wars and Star Wars doesn't need Kingdom Hearts.

NOW MARVEL ON THE OTHER HAND! Goofy already weilds a circular shield... Magic and hitting stuff is already a big part of both Marvel and Kingdom Hearts. C'mon you know Sora Donald and Captain AMerica would be awesome. Tony Stark making a badass gold on red keyblade. That's something i want to see.

keideki

Sep 10, 2008
If both Star Wars and Marvel make it into the game I think I will die happy.

Leemaster777

Feb 25, 2010
Phrozenflame500 said:
Eh I don't know, Kingdom Hearts already has enough weird tonal shifts because of the many different universes. But I guess it would be cool if they could pull it off.
Honestly, it wouldn't be a real tonal shift at all. Just look at the last few games (Birth By Sleep especially). They're basically Star Wars already. If anything, Star Wars would fit in BETTER than the other live-action franchises they've used so far.

But now it's time for me to parrot all the opinions everyone is thinking about:

Lightsaber Keyblade? Yes.
Darth Vader boss battle? Yes.
Heartless dressed up in stormtrooper helmets? HELL yes.
Either Luke or Han as party members? Sign me up.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Dual wielding Lightsaber keyblades would be awesome. Especially if they acted like lightsabers and cut anything they came into contact with. Goofy could be dressed as a clone trooper and Donald could be dressed up as Darth Vader.

snappydog

Sep 18, 2010
Welp, I just made a noise like a man who hasn't seen water in ten years being handed one of those bottles that never gets empty. Please happen.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
If they do this, there DAMN well better be a cutscene where Sephiroth fights Original Trilogy Vader. If not, I'm going to crucify Mickey and burn his magic kingdom to the ground.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Well, the Pirates of the Caribbean level looked awkward enough, so I don't see why not. Just as long as they don't edit all the blasters into bowcasters.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
You know, I came into the comments expecting hate and scorn. But everyone pretty much seems on board for this. Thank God. I didn't wanna be the only one fanboying it up.

And yes. I can see this. Can you imagine Sora coming face to face with Darth Vader?

Vader: [Breathing sounds] "Who are you, boy? I don't recall letting you aboard my ship?"
Sora: "Oh wow! This is a starship! We're flying through the stars. This is so cool." [Runs over to window and looks out it]
Donald: "Hey, what's the big idea? We fly around in the Gummi ship all the time?"
Goofy: "Garsh, Donald. I don't think it's quite the same thing."
Vader: "Boy." [Breathing noises, Vader uses the Force to turn Sora around to face him] "You will listen to me when I address you."
Sora: "Hey, how'd you do that?"
Vader: "I used the Force, child. Do you-"
Sora: "Teach me to do that!"

Yes, I am an adult male. No, I am not ashamed of what I just wrote. This could be the most awesome scene in gaming history.

Solo-Wing

Wanna have a bad time?
Dec 15, 2010
Yoda and Mickey need to meet and fight together and/or against each other. It would be one of the most epic things ever.

I would also love some Pixar and Marvel stuff. That would be great.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
If they could put Pirates of the Caribbean into the game, then there no reason they couldn't with Star War. Except, it all depends on the agreement Disney has with EA. EA has exclusive rights to the Star Wars Games.
[http://s41.photobucket.com/user/Kiodine/media/Lightsaber-Keyblade_zps4f235c16.jpg.html]