King's Quest Review - A New Knight of Adventure

MyLifeIsAnRPG

Jan 20, 2011
King's Quest Review - A New Knight of Adventure

King's Quest: A Knight to Remember Combines the best of Telltale adventure games with the feel of the older Sierra games for an enjoyable reminiscence.

Read Full Article

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Sierra, namely the King's Quest and Space Quest series both, introduced me to PC gaming, though I'd toyed with Zork and other early entries before, the epic feeling at the time both those series gave me was nothing short of awesome. It solidified the feeling that PC games were a different animal than the NES alternative and I loved them both for their diversity.
But there's always a special place for the adventures of King Graham and his family and seeing this resurrected in a new but almost familiar light is nothing short of awesome.
Would love to see a revival of sorts like this of the exploits of Roger Wilco or the Hero of Spielburg. Quest for Glory brings to mind an epic RPG adventure though, maybe 3rd person... anyway I hope this leads to more revivals of classic titles done right for a modern age.

MyLifeIsAnRPG

Jan 20, 2011
I think in that way King's Quest is actually really important, as far as games go. It shows that games like this still have an audience in this day and age. I really have to say this was an enjoyable time, even when it did get tedious.

Check your magic mirror a-lot for some easter eggs.

Gizen

Nov 17, 2009
Hmm, a pity. I was really hoping that this game would be terrible, because its development was funded by stolen money. So, for the sake of karma, it would only really be fair if the game was a complete failure on every level.

Blazing Hero

Feb 20, 2015
Gizen said:
Hmm, a pity. I was really hoping that this game would be terrible, because its development was funded by stolen money. So, for the sake of karma, it would only really be fair if the game was a complete failure on every level.
Stolen money? That's the first I have heard of this, what happened?

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
Blazing Hero said:
Gizen said:
It was something about the devs having been hired in the past to develop a game for some other crowdfunder, but quitting on the job.

Gizen

Nov 17, 2009
Blazing Hero said:
Gizen said:
The developper for King's Quest, The Odd Gentleman, were hired to make the Homestuck game after its successful kickstarter. After a year or two of being on the job though, not only had they not done any work on the game yet, but they actually took some of the money they were given for the job and put it into development of King's Quest instead (and possibly Wayward Manor as well). After it was found out what they did, they had their contract terminated and were told to give back the money they were paid, since they weren't actually developing the game they were paid for. Even after that though, they still just spent even more of it on King's Quest before finally giving back only a fraction of what they were originally paid.