Kirby's Return to Dream Land Review

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
Kirby's Return to Dream Land Review

Kirby's latest adventure is full of stars.

Read Full Article

mrm5561

Apr 27, 2010
now if only Nintendo released more games like this more often the wii wouldnt be considered a dead console

Odd Water

Mar 6, 2010
Finally a Kirby game that went back to the idea they did in Kirby's Super Star with loads of powers that could do more then just one thing with each ability through button combinations. This is what I was hoping every Kirby game would be like ever since KSS on the Super Nintendo. The shear various ways to use any one power in many situations is what made Super Star so much fun back then to me. Though this game really doesn't feel like it holds up as well in pure fun playing it, I'm still glad to see that they tried the idea again. Also its nice to see the overpowered classic Stone/Rock ability be able to do more then just turn into something heavy and fall on things. Though it was always fun to see what various things you would change into.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Did you not hear Jim a few weeks ago? Kirby is extremely challenging if you don't base challenge off whether or not you die!

As I haven't played the game, I have no idea whether I'm making a valid point, or just making fun of Jim. Just decide it's whichever seems more appropriate.
Or makes me seem like the biggest asshole. People seem to enjoy that assumption a lot.

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Although I would never buy a Kirby game (not my thing) I'm really liking the fact he's making a comeback. For far too long has he was one of those weird old characters in Smash Bros.

coolkirb

Jan 28, 2011
That was the first time I have used the word "demigod" to describe Kirby, anyway I'll probably put this on my christmas list.

Pedro The Hutt

Apr 1, 2009
Kirby games were never meant to be challenging. :p They're good old fashioned cutesy fun.

Aaand the review glosses over the co-op even though the video starts with co-op footage (where no one picked one of the other characters like King Dedede), how odd.

Odd Water

Mar 6, 2010
King Dedede and Metaknight play like in the Smash Bros game with their moves and abilities. What really surprised me was Waddle Dee with the spear. Hes fun to play with and it was nice seeming them come up with a new good power set instead of taking the last character slot and making him an older power or copy of Kirby.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
mrm5561 said:
now if only Nintendo released more games like this more often the wii wouldnt be considered a dead console
Oh, it still would. Not too many people, myself included, enjoy seeing the a Wii game charge $60 for a side scrolling platformer when there are much better ones that include new elements for $10-$20. People bought their Wiis to experience motion control, not that premise seems to have been dropped in 90 percent of Wii games.

Jdb

May 26, 2010
Overall, this game is more difficult and longer than every reviewer makes it seem. The main quest is easy, but New Game+ is moderately challenging and getting gold or platinum in the challenge rooms takes a lot of concentration.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
No examination of the multiplayer? This review seems a bit incomplete without even a mention of that feature.

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
Call me a stickler, but I will only own a Kirby game if it has the Combo Copy ability like in Kirby 64. That was a very innovative gameplay mechanic and I want to see more, dammit!!

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
I would love to get this. And I agree that Combo Copy would be awesome to see more!

Klagermeister

Jun 13, 2008
Having played this game co-op with my friend on release day, I must say it is one of the BEST co-op games on the Wii.

He would play as Kirby, I as Meta-Knight, and we would just completely dominate and have loads of fun doing it.

For those asking about the multiplayer that the reviewer overlooked: It makes the game infinitely more interesting and fun.

ACman

Apr 21, 2011
Ugh! Can you learn to enunciate your consonants please. Sounds like a bunch of hard t's and d's are lost somewhere in your sinuses.