Kixeye Recruits With Unicorns, Helicopters, Maniacal Children

Avistew

Jun 2, 2011
Moonlight Butterfly said:
I wish I was good at something else than just thinking up game concepts because I would totally work for them xD
You can always give it a try. They're hiring for all sorts of positions, and they might hire you at the bottom and then you can work your way up. You're definitely not going to get hired if you don't apply, but you might if you do.
I think if you're a gamer, you're passionate about games, and you have the ability to learn stuff, you probably have more to contribute than you realise.

Steve the Pocket

Mar 30, 2009
None of what they have to say changes the fact that they are in the business of making Facebook games ? i.e. games whose sole reason for existing is to spam advertisements for themselves to the player's friends like some sort of digital pyramid scheme ? and therefore fail at life.

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
WanderingFool said:
Cool... not sure what else to say.

Oh, also does anyone know what the theme playing during the Kixeye portion was?
If mean the video's major theme, it's an old piece of classical music called "In the Hall of the Mountain King". Like any other classical music, it's everywhere, but most people just don't know the name. Here's one video of an orchestra playing their own take on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRpzxKsSEZg

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Lugbzurg said:
WanderingFool said:
Cool... not sure what else to say.

Oh, also does anyone know what the theme playing during the Kixeye portion was?
If mean the video's major theme, it's an old piece of classical music called "In the Hall of the Mountain King". Like any other classical music, it's everywhere, but most people just don't know the name. Here's one video of an orchestra playing their own take on it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRpzxKsSEZg
Oh, I was talking about the one playing during the Kixeye part of the video. I know of the first piece... its actually a favorite of mine...

AlexanderPeregrine

Nov 19, 2009
Kixeye presents themselves as though they're the next id Software, but in truth, they're the recent creators of Backyard Monsters [http://www.kongregate.com/games/KIXEYE/backyard-monsters]. It's a small scale empire building and real time strategy game, only the empire building involves arbitrary wait times stretching days and the real time strategy is "choose where your monsters start and hope the terrible pathfinding/target selection AI works". It's a bar filling game where you can pay them to fill the bars faster and if you don't, your involvement dwindles the higher level you get. It's just as terrible as it sounds.

Azo Galvat

Mar 3, 2011
Well, it gave me ideas for future jobs...

Although I don't relish the idea of interacting with the community of games.

Tony PacMan

Aug 17, 2012
This company is very unprofessional. I wrote a program that would allow their users to play Battle Pirates in full screen and talk in comms, which has been a problem since this game came out. Their response was to ban my ip and my account on their game Battle Pirates.

My recommendation is to boycott this company until they can treat their customers with a little respect.