Koei Tecmo Confirms No Western Release for Dead or Alive Xtreme 3

Furnicula

May 20, 2015
CyanCat47 said:
while i don't think censoring large games like this ever really works and is kind of pointless besides i am glad this one didn't release in the west just because this was obviously a marketing ploy in order to boost the popularity of a series that has been largely forgotten about through cynical exploitation. while this will no doubt increase the ammount of imports they will most likely not earn as much as they would have by giving the game a full release which serves them right for exploiting the media like this.

i think games like this are trash and a representation some of the most deprived depths of exploitative greed that are technically legal i know full well that i can't stop them from being released so i live and let live while hoping anyone who buys them catches painful and incurable STDs. what is infuriating is the blatant lack of resspecct for videogames by using controversy bait not to make a statement or push boundries but to get people to buy crappy games by slapping controversial themes on them.

a good controversial game actually has something to say i.e binding of isaac and while i don't always agree with them i can at least respect the intention. a bad controversial game just offends for the sake of offending to get free marketing without saying anything about the theme i.e any GTA game. these are just mean spirited and pointless
Please, tell us how you really feel. Aside from this prevailing anti-consumer sentiment that people like you exude, trying to "stop a game from being released" and "being happy" that people who wanted to buy it can't. It's frankly baffling. Most of your point don't make sense either though and kind of sound like you are just parroting MovieBob and Jim Sterling instead of trying critical thinking.

For instance "nobody cares about Dead or Alive": http://nichegamer.com/2015/06/dead-or-alive-5-sells-1-5-million-worldwide-f2p-downloads-over-3-5-million/

How did they "exploit the media"? It looks more like the media exploited them to me. What is so controversial about Beach Volleyball that the "deprived people" who dare buy it should get "incurable STDs"?

And since you brought up Binding of Isaac, want to know who wasn't butthurt about its release? The Christian right, afaik it wasn't even on their radar.

Want to know who was? http://www.vice.com/read/pills-poop-and-pentagrams-in-conversation-with-indie-gaming-legend-edmund-mcmillen-100
You once said that really good art should upset some people. How successful do you think the Isaac games have been in achieving this? Have they upset many people along the way?

I don't think they've upset anybody. And I don't know if that's a failure or an achievement on my part.

It's definitely pushed me to go a little bit further. My latest little game, Fingered, is all about stereotyping the way people look in different ways, comparing it with the criminal justice system, and talking about the death penalty, and I thought that would get a lot of pushback.

But the only pushback I ever get is from guys on my side of the street, but extreme left, insane people, who don't think you should be allowed to say what you wanna say.
Fox12 said:
So? The game isn't being banned by legislation, and there wasn't a push to censor the game. There isn't an organized boycott. The people criticizing the game weren't going to buy the game anyway, and judging by the sales figures, neither was anyone else.

So what's your point? That people were criticizing it? Good. The game is creepy and voyeuristic. Voyeurism is the entire point of the game. Lord forbid that people criticize that.
Calling the developers all sorts of shit like "misogynists", "creeps", "women haters" or anything similar in the professional press because they made a Volleyball game obviously has no influence, nor does calling for boycotting an import retailer because they dared sell the game and advertise it, which luckily backfired since it's all over their store: http://www.play-asia.com/

I'll just quote Jim Sterling who by the way said it'd be better if it didn't come to the West from this very site: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/6361-Monster-Boobs-And-Plastic-Children
Oh, Team Ninja. Oh my dear, sweet Team Ninja. Oh my dear, sweet, misguided Team Ninja. Oh my dear, sweet, misguided, pervy, creepy, sleazy, weird, freaky, pervy, pervy, pervy Team Ninja.
Obviously presenting their game like that in professional media and pretending like they are echoing the opinion of gamers has no effects whatsoever.

Which also ignores that this game had more of an audience and more interest: http://www.vgchartz.com/game/482/dead-or-alive-xtreme-beach-volleyball/ http://www.vgchartz.com/game/481/dead-or-alive-xtreme-2/ than gaming press darlings like GOTY 2013 "Gone Home" or even "Undertale", which were apparently "crazy successes" with just 250,000 sales, less numbers than the previous DoAX games ever made: http://www.gameskinny.com/2oxox/undertales-crazy-success-proves-gamers-are-ready-for-feminism-queer-romance-and-progressive-values

And if you don't trust the VGChartz numbers, here's from NPD: January, March, February 2003 (which is a long time ago and the game would likely sell a lot better given Digital Distribution): https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/npd-january-2003.3359/ https://forum.beyond3d.com/threads/npd-february-2003.3781/ http://www.general-forums.com/threads/march-npd-numbers-zedla-826-000.19761/

81,180 + 47,886 + 26,083 = at least 155,149 sales in the U.S. alone in the first three months of 2003.

http://gamedatamuseum.web.fc2.com/xbox.htm

127,576 sold in Japan at the end of 2003.

It's almost comic how much, dare I say almost misogynistic hatred some people have for women's bodies and breasts and how little regard they also have for the majority of female players that love playing as these characters too: https://twitter.com/GailSimone/status/669558571214856192

If you're a prude and have a problem with any kind of depiction of sexuality, no matter how tame and even without nudity it is, that's fine, but don't take your feelings out on the rest of us who have no problem with it.

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
Fox12 said:
The game is creepy and voyeuristic. Voyeurism is the entire point of the game. Lord forbid that people criticize that.
Unfortunately, I haven't played these games myself, but surely the ladies in them are playable? What's that if not subjectifying them, rather than making them simply things to be viewed? That's not your basic voyeurism, it involves a degree of identification.

Edit: Come to think of it, voyeurism itself may involve an element of identification. But I believe there's more to this than that, and the vocal indignation about these games smacks of nothing so much as some kind of proprietorial policing of (male) access to play involving specifically feminine sensuality.

It's curious. Disgraced former game journalism (sic) Leigh Alexander just recently protested the Twitch censorship of that indie game about naked men touching each other in the shower, saying it is "sexy and fun". No big outcry about that, and why should there be?

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Furnicula said:
Fox12 said:
So? The game isn't being banned by legislation, and there wasn't a push to censor the game. There isn't an organized boycott. The people criticizing the game weren't going to buy the game anyway, and judging by the sales figures, neither was anyone else.

So what's your point? That people were criticizing it? Good. The game is creepy and voyeuristic. Voyeurism is the entire point of the game. Lord forbid that people criticize that.
Calling the developers all sorts of shit like "misogynists", "creeps", "women haters" or anything similar in the professional press because they made a Volleyball game obviously...

I'll just quote Jim Sterling who by the way said it'd be better if it didn't come to the West from this very site: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/6361-Monster-Boobs-And-Plastic-Children
Oh, Team Ninja. Oh my dear, sweet Team Ninja. Oh my dear, sweet, misguided Team Ninja. Oh my dear, sweet, misguided, pervy, creepy, sleazy, weird, freaky, pervy, pervy, pervy Team Ninja.
Yes. What's so wrong with calling a spade a spade? Team Ninja is all of those things.

They are perverts. They are weird. They are creepy. They don't understand or appreciate women for anything but their bodies. And, dare I say it, they are even sexist.

The lead designer is asked to cut back on the pervy levels of fanservice in a fighting game, and he proceeds to increase it. The producer brags about getting hands on with the womens breasts, so that they jiggle just right, and when he's criticized, he says that his only goal is to make the hottest babes in fiction. Then there's a cultural backlash in the states, and they get sweaty, and panicky, because they really don't want to discuss these issues. They really don't want to get called out on their behavior.

After seeing the way they treated Samus, I have no respect for them as developers. They aren't artists. They're a bunch of creepy perverts who oggle virtual women all day, and labor over breast physics. The criticism they've gotten is totally legitimate. I don't see the issue.

The game is still available for purchase. Go buy it if you want. I don't want to ban it from the West. But I think the developers are a bunch of skeevy perverts who have no respect for women, and I would gladly tell them so to their face.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
EDIT: And having scouted around a bit, I see where all the SJW denialism is coming from now.
Seems that Jim Sterling and Bob Chipman have been on the road proselytizing about "SJWs" again, or rather, trying to destroy the meaning of the term by attaching stigma to anyone that uses it unironically.

Glad to see the guilt-by-association shame game is alive and well. Because it apparently wouldn't be gaming without some pretentious fuckwit trying to attach shame to some part of it.

NiPah said:
Their current release titles are quite niche titles, the argument that they're afraid it won't sell well doesn't work.
His original statement wasn't that hard to believe, given the current climate in gaming circles a game like DOAX3 would get a lot of negative PR fr KT.

While I'd never say it's 100% I find it believable that KT would hold off on releasing such a polarizing game if they believe the PR may negatively effect sales of their other titles KT works on a very thin line of profit, especially with collectors and limited edition releases a few hundred plus or minus sales could make or break a release, given their recent purchase of GUST and lower then normal sales on their flagship Dynasrt Warriors, they are understandably a bit jumpy.
^This.
If I were Koei-Tecmo, I'd be wary of releasing anything that paints women in anything less than saintly. Giving the progressive/feminist hacks easy ammo to espouse their usual dogmatic bullshit masquerading as "criticism" can't be a net positive for business.

I mean, SJWs have raised bigger stinks over much less in the past year alone.
(Or did I cross into a dimension where those shitheels DIDN'T go berserk over Matt Taylor's shirt?)

SJW modus operandi is to look for shit that offends them, and hope one of their tantrums is loud enough to stick.
Picking on a niche game with enough direct male pandering to make Sarkeesian eat her earrings in enraged huff seems like an incredibly obvious outcome in this highly political climate; not a skeptical one.

NiPah

May 8, 2009
erttheking said:
NiPah said:
erttheking said:
LostGryphon said:
Pyrian said:
Lizzy Finnegan said:
"The comments recently made by an employee regarding Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 on the official Dead or Alive Facebook page only reflect that individual's opinion and not the opinion or business strategy of Koei Tecmo Games," the statement reads. "We remain focused on delivering the best in fighting entertainment to our fans around the world, while consciously respecting and strategizing to support the different global audiences the Dead or Alive franchise lends itself to."
Translation: "Koei Tecmo confirms that what he said was 100% correct but was stated indelicately. Here, have a 'consciously respecting and strategizing to support the different global audiences'. That's respectful, right?"
Nailed it.

The wording there just reinforces the original statement.
So you're assuming what the other guy said was 100% accurate...based on what exactly?
Their current release titles are quite niche titles, the argument that they're afraid it won't sell well doesn't work.
His original statement wasn't that hard to believe, given the current climate in gaming circles a game like DOAX3 would get a lot of negative PR fr KT.
While I'd never say it's 100% I find it believable that KT would hold off on releasing such a polarizing game if they believe the PR may negatively effect sales of their other titles KT works on a very thin line of profit, especially with collectors and limited edition releases a few hundred plus or minus sales could make or break a release, given their recent purchase of GUST and lower then normal sales on their flagship Dynasrt Warriors, they are understandably a bit jumpy.
Isn't it kind of the otherway around? Isn't the fact that it's a niche game make it not worth the price of exporting? I mean I've seen stats constantly shown that the first game sold mildly well and the second game only sold half as much. Niche games still need to make enough money to cover expenses and turn a profit.
I'd say this is less of a niche title then games such as Samurai Warriors 4-II, Ar nosurge Plus, Atelier Shallie, and nobunaga's ambition (two of those are Vita games) which were all released this year, looking through their line up and you'd be forgiven if you didn't recognize stuff like Toukiden: Kiwami and BLADESTORM: NIGHTMARE, but Koei Tecmo released them all this year. It's stuff like this which make me question the "not enough demand to make it worth the price of exporting" when the Vita rerelease of Ar nosurge warranted a store exclusive collectors edition.

Really? Because it seemed like no one even knew this game existed before this stink. It's also worth pointing out that it was announced all the way back in august that it wouldn't be coming overseas, so this outrage feels awfully fabricated.
Honestly I was annoyed back in August when I first heard it wasn't being released in the States, but when I learned the Asian release would be subtitled I was ok. Honestly I have no issue with them not releasing in the States, while I disagree it's their choice and to a certain degree I understand where they're coming from (especially if a bigwig saw other titles sales dropping and put two and two together). What I dislike is the narrative that this is purely KT not wanting to take a risk on a niche title and the currently charged gaming culture has nothing to do with the decision.

Since when has negative PR effected sales? The only times I can think of is when the devs do something really sleazy, not just making a game that covers unpopular points. In fact sales tend to increase as people buy the game out of spite, see Hatred. And really, how many people are not going to buy the game based off of a possible backlash whose existance I found doubtful, and of those people how many were actually interested in the game to begin with?
I couldn't tell you how much negative PR effects sales, it's quite possible that negative PR wouldn't effect KT games at all, but if they think there's even a slight possibility that releasing DOAX3 would tarnish their company image and hurt future sales then that's going to be reason enough to pull the game. Sure Destructive Creations made lots of money off Hatred, but Hatred is their only game, I'd think future games may be effected negatively by the fact that the company made Hatred, but I could be wrong, and the KT maybe wrong, but I honestly believe this is the reason why they pulled DOAX3.

Furnicula

May 20, 2015
Fox12 said:
Yes. What's so wrong with calling a spade a spade? Team Ninja is all of those things.

They are perverts. They are weird. They are creepy. They don't understand or appreciate women for anything but their bodies. And, dare I say it, they are even sexist.

The lead designer is asked to cut back on the pervy levels of fanservice in a fighting game, and he proceeds to increase it. The producer brags about getting hands on with the womens breasts, so that they jiggle just right, and when he's criticized, he says that his only goal is to make the hottest babes in fiction. Then there's a cultural backlash in the states, and they get sweaty, and panicky, because they really don't want to discuss these issues. They really don't want to get called out on their behavior.

After seeing the way they treated Samus, I have no respect for them as developers. They aren't artists. They're a bunch of creepy perverts who oggle virtual women all day, and labor over breast physics. The criticism they've gotten is totally legitimate. I don't see the issue.

The game is still available for purchase. Go buy it if you want. I don't want to ban it from the West. But I think the developers are a bunch of skeevy perverts who have no respect for women, and I would gladly tell them so to their face.
There's no "cultural backlash in the states", there's just a minority of people that have managed to worm their way into positions where they get megaphones and are able to spread this kind of horseshit.

People like you are the problem with the current games industry, you have no interest in the game or the franchise, you have no interest in the developer and you haven't played the game. I bet you don't have any intimate knowledge of their workplace either. Yet you still deem yourself able to peek into the very soul of these developers and call them "creepy perverts", "sexists" that "have no respect for women" and "do not understand or appreciate them" which by the way aren't at all criticism towards their game, but personal attacks and character assassination based on your moral values, you might aswell call them "godless heretics". At least you're not a game journalist doing this while pretending to speak for "Western gamers".

This is what he said back in 2012 by the way, where they were again attacked by the press: http://www.mcvpacific.com/news/read/interview-head-of-team-ninja-talks-dead-or-alive-5/0101641
Has anything about the production or marketing of Dead or Alive 5 been changed in any way after the recent furore surrounding representations of women in games, considering that the franchise is known for its oversexualised female characters?

With the representation of female characters in the Dead or Alive franchise, we?ve always wanted to make the girls look as attractive as possible, and that?s something that?s not going to change for us at all.

We are a Japanese developer, and we?re making the female characters with our common sense and our creative sense. When you take that to countries outside of Japan, it tends to be very misinterpreted in some cases, people considering it sexist or derogatory etc.

For us, within our culture, we?re showing women like that, and we?re trying to make them look attractive. We can?t help if other cultures in other countries around the globe think that it?s a bad representation. Within our nationality and within our national borders, we obviously have morals that we create our female characters from, but within our Japanese sensibilities, we?ve made those characters the way they are and we?re not going to stop doing that.
The problem is that they think that this "is our culture" and not just a bunch of loud-mouth assholes that don't speak for hundreds of millions of people.

But yes, it's totally not understandable why they would react this way, and it's totally a different "fiscal" reason that the game isn't coming out.

And yes, these same people totally don't want to ban the game, they just hate everything about it saying that it "harms women" and everything about them, stopping short of comparing the developers personally to rapists and there totally isn't any kind of consequence that might come from this. Might I suggest an alternative that might lead you to a happier life, how about you ignore things you don't like and let the people that do enjoy them?

Rebel_Raven

Jul 24, 2011
Yeah, like enough people took the game series seriously to begin with? Few did. Fewer admitted it.
Not just the "sjws" but all across the spectrum.
Hell, I dare say the incessant ribbing the series took happened well before people started complaining about the lack of female representation in media that wasn't more fan service than anything. The series will probably never recover from it because it is a game about fanservice, really.
If they didn't release it here it's because too few people are confident enough to just buy the game because they want it. It's beyond "SJWs," it's the general prudishness America has in general. Most people would probably enjoy the hell out of it, it's just being caught with it? Not dead or alive!
People give the "SJWs" a bit too much credit in how much power they have.

I wouldn't have minded downloading it. Bout time I tried it. Hell, being able to download it might actually boost sales! No shame of walking in to a game store that dares even carry the game, feeling the judgement of all that see you as you take it to the register, seeing the cashier trying to keep a straight face (I can't even have them check to see if they have Romance of the Three Kingdoms without them cracking.), and then taking it home, and having the game case out, and visible.

9tailedflame

Oct 8, 2015
And nothing of value was lost. I'll get mad once a game i actually want to play becomes unavailable to me for some dumbshit political reason, but we lost a sequel to a pseudo-porn volleyball game, it's not the end of the world (or did we, there's an english version on their site, but i don't know if it's region-locked or anything).

Don't get me wrong, i'm as little a fan of people who try to boycott things (that nobody forced them to consume) for petty political reasons as anyone. I really hate people who do that, a lot. Hell, i even hate the people that get upset about boobs in games or whatever dumb, moral-guardian-based bullshit they wrongly feel is important or offensive, but this is nothing but a cynical marketing technique to try and scam people into buying it as an expression of freedom, which is dumb.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I am confused, somewhat. They don't want bad publicity over these games, but they continue to make the games. Do they think that because they are not releasing it in the West, that the West won't hear about it? They know the Internet exists, they use it. Not sure... the lack of logic hurts my brain.

Fox12

Jun 6, 2013
Furnicula said:
And yes, these same people totally don't want to ban the game, they just hate everything about it saying that it "harms women" and everything about them, stopping short of comparing the developers personally to rapists and there totally isn't any kind of consequence that might come from this. Might I suggest an alternative that might lead you to a happier life, how about you ignore things you don't like and let the people that do enjoy them?
Well, your ranting aside, it's possible to hate something, and not want it banned.

I don't like Dead or Alive Beach Volley Ball. I think the people who made it are rather questionable individuals. I still don't want it banned, because I support free speech.

But free speech means being able to criticize the negative aspects of something, which in this case is the way it portrays women. Given their rather awful remarks in the past, and the way they handled Samus, I think criticism of their work is long overdo. Which is funny, because no one was making a fuss about this until that silly tweet came out, and GG got all in a fuss about censorship in games. You people keep talking about SJW trying to sink this title, but this information is months old, and the games media wasn't even talking about it until Play-Asia turned it into a controversy. It's a non-argument.

And, for gods sakes, the game is still available. Go order it online and play it in a corner. I hope you enjoy it. No one is trying to take your toy away.

Lightspeaker

Dec 31, 2011
Highly amused by the comments of "See? That wasn't the reason! They just debunked that whole thing!"

Go back and re-read that statement. NOWHERE did they say that that wasn't the reason, also nowhere did they say that they opposed that specific viewpoint. What they actually stated was a whole load of nothing outside of distancing themselves from the initial statement and the resultant growing storm of chaos. Their part in the announcement consists of them effectively saying they have no official position on why its not being localised to the West. Merely that they don't intend to back up the position of the PR person in question.

Its exactly what I'd do in their position because its a nice, safe way to do damage control. Distance yourself and say absolutely nothing. Regardless of the reason for not localising.

But whatever. The conservatively minded sex-negatives will hold this up as a great and noble victory either way I'm sure. X-D

erttheking said:
Isn't it kind of the otherway around? Isn't the fact that it's a niche game make it not worth the price of exporting? I mean I've seen stats constantly shown that the first game sold mildly well and the second game only sold half as much. Niche games still need to make enough money to cover expenses and turn a profit.
As I understand it from everything I've seen on this issue: the problem with this argument, as people have endeavored to point out, is that it somehow 'magically' doesn't apply to most of the rest of Koei-Tecmo's catalogue. They've built something of a reputation of localising and importing highly niche games that sell very modestly. DOAX is arguably one of those it makes MOST sense to import given that the Western market for the previous was very healthy compared to its Japanese market, proportionately to other games it produces.

Li Mu

Oct 17, 2011
chocolate pickles said:
Nice job moral guardians. Thanks for policing what i can buy as entertainment.

Actually, I think that games such as Gears of War should be banned also. I am offended by their depiction of men. We're not all huge muscular sex objects with guns.

Fox12

Jun 6, 2013
Halyah said:
Fox12 said:
Most of that is on Sakamoto's shoulders IIRC(all the writing is and so is the voice acting since he interferred with the english one). Unless you meant solely the graphics and gameplay of Other M. In which case you can just forget my post since I don't know how much Sakamoto influenced that part.
Well, in that case, I think it's split. The writing is certainly his fault, if he provided the script, which is disappointing. That was a large part of the problem. That said, the presentation would still fall on Team Ninja. I doubt the script said:

SPACE STATION

The camera zooms in on Samus's ass the scientist begins to speak.

Of course, you could say it's his fault for handing them Metroid in the first place. I'm not sure what made him think they were the people to handle a Metroid title.

The graphics were fine, I suppose. The game play wasn't bad, but I don't think it matched the pedigree of a Metroid game.

Li Mu said:
chocolate pickles said:
Nice job moral guardians. Thanks for policing what i can buy as entertainment.

Actually, I think that games such as Gears of War should be banned also. I am offended by their depiction of men. We're not all huge muscular sex objects with guns.
Speak for yourself :p

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Lightspeaker said:
Go back and re-read that statement. NOWHERE did they say that that wasn't the reason, also nowhere did they say that they opposed that specific viewpoint. What they actually stated was a whole load of nothing outside of distancing themselves from the initial statement and the resultant growing storm of chaos. Their part in the announcement consists of them effectively saying they have no official position on why its not being localised to the West. Merely that they don't intend to back up the position of the PR person in question.
This is a nice example of double think here. Let break this down:
1. Individual A issues statement X.
2. Company B, A's employer, goes on record to say that statement X is not their stance on the issue and is not representative of the company's stance.
3. Hence B does not think statement X is correct.

They've used standard press release speak to say that what their CM initially said is not what the company believes. That they don't provide any other reason for not publishing DoAX3 in the West does not mean that the CM's initial claim is right. This isn't even particularly confusing, they are explicitly saying that the CM's statement is not what Koei-Tecmo thinks in the fist paragraph of the picture linked to in this news article.

Coruptin

Inaction Master
Jul 9, 2009
People interpreting a pr non-statement according to their own biases, what a shocking turn of events no?

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Coruptin said:
People interpreting a pr non-statement according to their own biases, what a shocking turn of events no?
It's like watching people dancing on a grave that hasn't been dug yet. Or filled with a corpse. But there's definitely a corpse there. The corpse of someone with a different opinion to them. And they'll dance til they drop.

Fox12

Jun 6, 2013
Furnicula said:
It's almost comic how much, dare I say almost misogynistic hatred some people have for women's bodies and breasts and how little regard they also have for the majority of female players that love playing as these characters too: https://twitter.com/GailSimone/status/669558571214856192

If you're a prude and have a problem with any kind of depiction of sexuality, no matter how tame and even without nudity it is, that's fine, but don't take your feelings out on the rest of us who have no problem with it.
Well, if that's what you think, then there's really just no hope for you.

Anyone who uses the term "prude" isn't interested in a discussion, they just want to froth at the mouth due to manufactured internet outrage. They don't want to think critically, they just want to rage at their key boards over a non-issue. No one is crusading against the presence of sexuality in gaming. Failing to understand this shows a mental inability to comprehend the arguments being made by individuals on the other side. Sexuality, and sex, are perfectly acceptable things to explore in games. Silent Hill 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, and its use of sexual symbols, and even sexual violence, are far more graphic then something like Dead or Alive. The same could be said for Berserk, one of my favorite stories of all time. Hardly prudishness on my part.

What people are criticizing are how women are depicted in games. An issue that can be linked to sexuality, and commonly is, but that isn't necessarily linked to that particular issue. And though women in gaming is the hot button topic at the moment, it's really just about how people in general are portrayed. In Dead or Alive the women are treated as sex objects, and there is a clear voyeurism to the game. This is reinforced by the fact that a big part of the title are the fanservice outfits available as DLC. The statements of the creators are further evidence of how the developers view women.

This has led to some valid criticism of the game. As I've had to repeat numerous times, it's still available for purchase. No one is censoring your title. No one is taking it away, or banning it. No one even cared about this issue until Play-Asia made it into a controversy. This news is months old. I doubt even you cared about it a month-and-a-half ago. The only people obsessing over this silly title are the remnants of GG looking for a controversy. The internet outrage culture at its finest.