Kojima Really Wants to Make New Zone of the Enders

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Kojima Really Wants to Make New Zone of the Enders

Of all the potential projects that Kojima Productions wants to work on after MGS: Peace Walker, Hideo Kojima says that a sequel to PS2 mecha-combat game Zone of the Enders "tops the list."

[viddler=9ce40153]

In an interview posted on PlayStation Blog (as seen above), noted(ly insane) Japanese game designer Hideo Kojima discussed the projects in the works at his Kojima Productions studio. While much of the interview centered around Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker and whether or not the man was worried the younger team would ruin his franchise after he left it for good - like that's ever going to happen - there was a rather interesting tidbit about the long-suspended Zone of the Enders series.

While Zone of the Enders and its sequel were cult hits, the two mecha-combat games have fallen by the wayside as the last generation gave way to the current one, and their fans have been clamoring for a third game ever since. When flat-out asked if there would be any more Zone of the Enders games, specifically on a current-generation console, Kojima said that it was likely.

[blockquote]A lot of users give us love-calls over Zone of the Enders. We do love the title, and we always wanted to create it on [a next-gen console] as well ... Kojima Productions has a long list of things that we want to bring out and of course Zone of the Enders is on the top of the list. However, we have to manage staffing and work around other projects. Therefore it's not going to be out too soon, but we are really considering it.[/blockquote]

So there you have it, ZoE fans. It won't be out anytime soon, but you'll get your Kojima mecha action game ... whenever they get around to it.

(Via CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=225514?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS])

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Bit off topic but: Is it me or does Kojima seem to be a lot smaller now?
Like he's lost a lot of weight

EDIT: Yay 2000 posts, that was much faster then getting to 1000

hansari

May 31, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
So there you have it, ZoE fans. It won't be out anytime soon, but you'll get your Kojima mecha action game ... whenever they get around to it.
I think Kojima is insane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kojima_Productions#Metal_Gear

MGS game after MGS game after MGS game...he still hasn't burned out. He clearly has no interest in Zone of Enders as I would have though MGS4 would have been an excellent time to take a break now that fans were satiated...

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Zone of the Enders 3 is a game which would make me buy the PS3. No question. I would purchase an entirely new console just to play that game.

/Super fanboy
//Loved the first two

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Oh sweet Jesus yes. Make this game!
I loved ZoE1, never played the second but I am hunting down both of the titles. Damn good games they were.

E-mantheseeker

Nov 29, 2008
The day Zone of the Enders 3 comes out, I'm buying a PS3 guaranteed.

Either that, or a current gen version of Kingdom Hearts

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Reminds me alot of how Inafune wants to make Megaman Legends 3.

It's truly a pity that these great men are often deprived their chance to make such spectacular titles due to budget restraints or company demand or writer's block.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Maybe they'll release it with a MGS5 demo?

Also, is this the first Kojima news artice without that picture of him riding a duck?

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Pendragon9 said:
Reminds me alot of how Inafune wants to make Megaman Legends 3.

It's truly a pity that these great men are often deprived their chance to make such spectacular titles due to budget restraints or company demand or writer's block.
At least you can't blame Kojima for having writer's block. He could use some.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
I gotta say, I'm completely for this.

I've been itching for another decent giant robot game.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
I played the Fist of Mars. It was good shit. I like the idea of more.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Man the ZoE games are the shit, especially the second game. That took the combat to a whole new level compared to the first so just imagine how it'd be on the next-gen consoles

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
A Kojima related article with out the ducky pic, shock and horror.

but anyways I liked ZoE 1 and 2, don't know if they made any others, but I'd be open to another.

Grampy_bone

Mar 12, 2008
It's very likely that Konami won't let Kojima make anything else. The ZOE games were cult classics to be sure, but MGS is where the money's at. They keep telling him, "We're making MGS with or without you," in order to pressure him into making more games (he's wanted to quit since MGS2).

hansari

May 31, 2009
Grampy_bone said:
It's very likely that Konami won't let Kojima make anything else. The ZOE games were cult classics to be sure, but MGS is where the money's at. They keep telling him, "We're making MGS with or without you," in order to pressure him into making more games (he's wanted to quit since MGS2).
He should have quit after MGS4...

With focus away from Snake, he can leave the universe as it is and the fans can go ***** at just how much the developers are destroying his legacy...