Kojima Says His New Game Will Appeal to Fans of AAA Action

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
Kojima Says His New Game Will Appeal to Fans of AAA Action

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1020/1020219.png

Also, there's apparently a secret in the logo.

In December, Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima Kojima says it will be "big" and "edgy." [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/165496-Hideo-Kojima-Reported-to-have-Left-Konami-Creating-New-Studio]

In an interview with Famitsu (translated by Gematsu [http://gematsu.com/2016/05/hideo-kojima-new-game-action-title-aaa-fans]), Kojima teases a bit more about the game without giving many details.

"While not to say that it's open-world, users who enjoy today's AAA games (The Division and Uncharted, etc.) will be able to easily enjoy it," he said. "When it is announced, you might think 'that's not that outstanding,' but you'll understand when you see it and play it," adding that "The genre is action."

"It's an amazing game. We're thinking about everything all at once, including the plot, characters, and game systems. Since certain parts are fairly new, we cannot help but experiment."

There's also, apparently, a secret to the logo - one that Kojima can't talk about "yet."

"I can't say anything yet, but there is a secret to the logo. It has a very cool body, and we even have plans to turn it into a figure."

Kojima previously stated [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/166498-Hideo-Kojima-Discusses-New-Game-Says-It-Will-Be-Big-and-Edgy] that the team will give equal priority to strong gameplay and a strong narrative because "people expect both from me."

"It's risky, because we're just starting up, so it probably would be better to go with something smaller-scale, maybe linear, but Sony is supporting us to make a big game that's edgy with a strong story that gives the player a lot of freedom, with new elements, and I don't know if that's possible. But we'll see."

sorsa

Dec 19, 2011
Hope Sony isn't making the laundry list for Kojima too tight or they'll risk restraining his creative process and fun in the process.

As with any artist, they should let him do his thing unrestrained.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Kojima previously stated that the team will give equal priority to strong gameplay and a strong narrative because "people expect both from me."
The only thing I expect from Kojima is nonsense with a 42:1 cutscene-to-gameplay ratio.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Odd...none of that looks like Quiet Mountain, the totally not-Silent-Hill-game that he should be making. What was that? Denial? Whatever do you mean?

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
Big and Edgy? Really Kojima, thats the best you could come up with?

I just hope the wheel he spins every day to determine what part of his brain to use, the wheel that is 50% Utter fucking visionary genius and 50% Bad acid trip to the moon bugfuck nonsense, managed to come up on the right side when he started development

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Just fucking show us some gameplay footage, you age-defying hunk! Stop trying to over-hype us!