Konami finally announces new Silent Hill!

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
3,031
355
88
And it's not what you think it is. :p To think they cancelled Silent Hills for this garbage. I hope this fucking company goes bankrupt. And that they will blame the current CEO who is a total piece of shit. None of which seems likely but damn, for a company made huge by Kojima and videogames now overtaken by nothing but greed and shitting all over its legacy...its unbelievably depressing to say the least.


 

ninja666

New member
May 17, 2014
898
0
0
Lol, are they for real? Silent Hill slots?! I thought they learned their lesson after that shitty lightgun arcade shooter from years ago. Please tell me this is some kind of elaborate trolling...
 

Evonisia

Your sinner, in secret
Jun 24, 2013
3,257
0
0
I have literally no clue what this game is about nor what you do on it. That trailer's a mess.
 

ninja666

New member
May 17, 2014
898
0
0
Evonisia said:
I have literally no clue what this game is about nor what you do on it. That trailer's a mess.
Just a generic slot machine with a Silent Hill name slapped on it for whatever reason.
 

nomotog_v1legacy

New member
Jun 21, 2013
909
0
0
ninja666 said:
Lol, are they for real? Silent Hill slots?! Please tell me this is some elaborate trolling...
They are also doing it with caselvaina too*.. It's a pachinko machine.. The tag-line is erotic violence.. We should prepare to be very said for a very long time.

*http://kotaku.com/konamis-new-initiative-erotic-castlevania-pachinko-1721123227
 

Pirate Of PC Master race

Rambles about half of the time
Jun 14, 2013
596
0
0
I was waiting for this..!

The inevitable good ol' IP desecration!

Edit:
Much like digging out your loved one out of the grave and dancing tango in front of moaning parent, it is - and will be - most certainly be amusing. I expect great things to come of this.
 

ninja666

New member
May 17, 2014
898
0
0
nomotog said:
ninja666 said:
Lol, are they for real? Silent Hill slots?! Please tell me this is some elaborate trolling...
They are also doing it with caselvaina too*.. It's a pachinko machine.. The tag-line is erotic violence.. We should prepare to be very said for a very long time.

*http://kotaku.com/konamis-new-initiative-erotic-castlevania-pachinko-1721123227
Oh, cool. Now an even bigger lynch mob is going to be banging at the doors of Konami's HQ.
 

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
5,498
1
3
Country
United States
Ya know what?

I can't even muster the loneliest fuck to get angry, or even mildly annoyed.

Keep on diggin' Konami, I'm sure at some point someone will come by and fill in the hole that you've created yourself.

Also, fuck Konami.
 

Sleepy Sol

New member
Feb 15, 2011
1,831
0
0
I'm really sad that Konami still has the rights to these franchises. I knew they were going to hit that pachinko machine train already, but everything I've seen now with how they're bastardizing their IPs is just...bleugh. Now, I'm pretty sure that they've made pachinko machines before that were attached to their established IPs, but they still actually made real fucking games with them too.

Goddamn, Konami, if anyone really gave enough of a shit to want to get their porn fix out of Castlevania they'd just go look up actual fanfic or doujin or fanart or whatever porn. And the Silent Hill pachinko has...no real defining features from what I can see. Not that it ever would considering its very nature.
 

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
2,537
0
0
PFFFFTTTT- AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! XD

You know, at this point, all I can do is laugh. They're aiming to piss people off.
 

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
6,374
0
0
stroopwafel said:
And it's not what you think it is.
I dunno, at this point "pachinko machine" is basically the first thing I think with regards to Konami.
 

EternallyBored

Terminally Apathetic
Jun 17, 2013
1,434
0
0
ninja666 said:
Lol, are they for real? Silent Hill slots?! I thought they learned their lesson after that shitty lightgun arcade shooter from years ago. Please tell me this is some kind of elaborate trolling...
It's not a troll, and it will likely be more profitable for them than the last couple silent hills games combined at a fraction of the development costs of Silent Hills, they've been making gambling machines for awhile, and once you recoup the high initial startup cost, the profit margins on those things can get downright obscene.

I don't think some people in this thread understand the ridiculous profit margins involved in slot machines, there's a reason Konami has a major office in Las Vegas. They aren't the biggest, but they are making bank in the gambling business, and I see their machines quite often.

Those stupid theme slots make serious bucks, and casinos are always looking to purchase the latest, shiniest theme slots, from Willy Wonka, to Avatar, to Jurassic park, all have been turned into slot machines, and the casinos are always hunting the latest machines to give them an edge over competitors, so Konami can crank out different versions of these things for negligible cost compared to developing a new video game.

They just doubled the size of their vegas office less than 2 years ago, we as gamers may be enraged by it, but Konami will likely be laughing at MGS and Silent Hill fans all the way to the bank.
 

nomotog_v1legacy

New member
Jun 21, 2013
909
0
0
EternallyBored said:
ninja666 said:
Lol, are they for real? Silent Hill slots?! I thought they learned their lesson after that shitty lightgun arcade shooter from years ago. Please tell me this is some kind of elaborate trolling...
It's not a troll, and it will likely be more profitable for them than the last couple silent hills games combined at a fraction of the development costs of Silent Hills, they've been making gambling machines for awhile, and once you recoup the high initial startup cost, the profit margins on those things can get downright obscene.

I don't think some people in this thread understand the ridiculous profit margins involved in slot machines, there's a reason Konami has a major office in Las Vegas. They aren't the biggest, but they are making bank in the gambling business, and I see their machines quite often.

Those stupid theme slots make serious bucks, and casinos are always looking to purchase the latest, shiniest theme slots, from Willy Wonka, to Avatar, to Jurassic park, all have been turned into slot machines, and the casinos are always hunting the latest machines to give them an edge over competitors, so Konami can crank out different versions of these things for negligible cost compared to developing a new video game.

They just doubled the size of their vegas office less than 2 years ago, we as gamers may be enraged by it, but Konami will likely be laughing at MGS and Silent Hill fans all the way to the bank.
Oh we understand, we just find their course of action repugnant and worthy of scorn. Madding profits don't cover up when your acting badly. I mean you can make money selling drugs, but it doesn't me it right. (A comparison more apt then normal seeing as they are making devices to prey on the disadvantaged. They are metaphorical bottom feeders.)
 

EternallyBored

Terminally Apathetic
Jun 17, 2013
1,434
0
0
nomotog said:
EternallyBored said:
ninja666 said:
Lol, are they for real? Silent Hill slots?! I thought they learned their lesson after that shitty lightgun arcade shooter from years ago. Please tell me this is some kind of elaborate trolling...
It's not a troll, and it will likely be more profitable for them than the last couple silent hills games combined at a fraction of the development costs of Silent Hills, they've been making gambling machines for awhile, and once you recoup the high initial startup cost, the profit margins on those things can get downright obscene.

I don't think some people in this thread understand the ridiculous profit margins involved in slot machines, there's a reason Konami has a major office in Las Vegas. They aren't the biggest, but they are making bank in the gambling business, and I see their machines quite often.

Those stupid theme slots make serious bucks, and casinos are always looking to purchase the latest, shiniest theme slots, from Willy Wonka, to Avatar, to Jurassic park, all have been turned into slot machines, and the casinos are always hunting the latest machines to give them an edge over competitors, so Konami can crank out different versions of these things for negligible cost compared to developing a new video game.

They just doubled the size of their vegas office less than 2 years ago, we as gamers may be enraged by it, but Konami will likely be laughing at MGS and Silent Hill fans all the way to the bank.
Oh we understand, we just find their course of action repugnant and worthy of scorn. Madding profits don't cover up when your acting badly. I mean you can make money selling drugs, but it doesn't me it right. (A comparison more apt then normal seeing as they are making devices to prey on the disadvantaged. They are metaphorical bottom feeders.)
Don't get me wrong, I'm pissed at what they've done to Castlevania, Siltent Hill, and inevitably MGS too. These threads always seem to have people acting like Konami is going to fail or that these decisions make no sense.

The problem is, these decisions make perfect sense, to the wider Konami company, they aren't just cutting their gaming division down out of spite, well, not totally out of spite, what happened to Kojima was pretty petty. Konami's game division has been circling the drain for awhile now, their only decent in-house talent has been Kojima and his team for a long time.

Konami deserves scorn from games fans, but lets not delude ourselves here, this is probably the more profitable option for them, as much as you or I may wish it to be so, Konami will not give a single shit about how angry it makes gamers.

Also, your last line is kind of off, these theme machines are for the big casinos, the generic slot and poker machines in bars and gas stations are what prey off the poor. The disadvantaged don't go into the big casinos to play these types of machines, they are targeted specifically at middle class tourists. In Nevada's case, Konami specifically targets these machines at Asian tourists looking to come in to spend money. Pachinko machines might be different, but there are likely going to be very few poor people sitting in front of these gaudy tourist trap machines, here in the U.S. anyway.
 

vledleR

New member
Nov 3, 2014
115
0
0
It's like an ex, sinking to pathetic lows trying to get back at you. All you can do is shake your head sometimes.
 

Charli

New member
Nov 23, 2008
3,445
0
0
Look at that slut, waving it's bare arse at the camera for all to see. What a shame.

I kind of enjoy watching Konami debase itself in a morbid kind of way, but there will come a point where I will tire of it entirely and simply forget it's existence.
 

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
2,838
379
88
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Gender
Dinosaur
You know a lot of people are pissed about Metroid Prime: Federation Force but at least that's a game that seems to fit a Metroid old gameplay and is you know a game.
 

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
4,828
0
0
They... they played Promise reprise. They played promise reprise! Those bastards!

Jesus christ in heaven, I've always fretted about art selling out to corporate interests, but I've never seen it done to this level before. I've never seen art fall from such heights to such depths before. Just when I thought they could sink no lower. The films were nothing. This... this is true horror. I'm legitimately afraid of them trying to wipe clean their video game history. Rationality has no place here. They're really, seriously trying to end their video game division.

Edit: The worst part is they've won. They aren't going bankrupt. They aren't digging a hole. Their making a massive profit with marginal investments. And they're going to horde their IP's until the end of days. You won't get any new games. But it's much worse. You probably won't get your hands on their old games either. Which means that new generations won't have access to Silent Hill 2, or any of their old masterpieces in the future. And there's nothing you can do about it.