Konami is Hiring For a "New Metal Gear"

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Konami is Hiring For a "New Metal Gear"

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/898/898177.png
Pro-tip: don't apply for this job...

Here's some news to have a sensible chuckle over: Konami is looking to hire developers to work on something called let current Metal Gear lead Hideo Kojima [http://www.konami.co.jp/en/job/career/spe/mgs_en.php] jump ship and join forces with Sony. You guys probably should have tried a bit harder to hold on to him, hey?

The job description is looking for someone who has:
Experience in high-end game development, planning, etc.
Boundless imagination, and the capacity for exciting new ideas
A strong passion toward game creation
The communication skills to effectively communicate your ideas

Konami is looking for applicants for both its Japan and US offices, but didn't offer any further hints on what the project could entail. For all we know it could be a line of Metal Gear Solid pachinko machines...

In case you were thinking of actually applying to this position, an being barred from accepting an award for his own game [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/141870-Konami-Horrible-Working-Conditions-Insider-Report], is most likely what caused Kojima to leave in the first place.

Source: Konami [http://www.konami.co.jp/en/job/career/spe/mgs_en.php]

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
You forgot "willing to clean toilets when we decide you're no longer needed but we can't terminate your contract."
and the ever classic "must be willing to not go to games award shows to accept awards because our legal department doesn't want people to know we fired you 10 months ago"

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
"For all we know it could be a line of Metal Gear Solid pachinko machines..."

YOU SHUT YOUR DAMN DIRTY MOUTH

I'd expect a studio helmed by Kojima to be kind of weird and wacky, but a far better environment than the likes of Konami. (Even odds on whether or not there'll be an employee park with ducks to ride on.)

TwoSidesOneCoin

Dec 11, 2010
The Rogue Wolf said:
"For all we know it could be a line of Metal Gear Solid pachinko machines..."

YOU SHUT YOUR DAMN DIRTY MOUTH

I'd expect a studio helmed by Kojima to be kind of weird and wacky, but a far better environment than the likes of Konami. (Even odds on whether or not there'll be an employee park with ducks to ride on.)
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/konami-registers-big-boss-pachinko-trademark/1100-6431172/

Sorry man, but they're already working towards a Big Boss pachinko.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
It forgot.
*Must have knowledge of pachinko machines.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
I thought Konami was getting out of AAA games.

Oh, wait; I bet they are going to make more mgs games just out of pure spite.

I can't even imagine what glass door reviews of the place would be like.

mysecondlife

Feb 24, 2011
After the shit they pulled this year, only the desperate would work for Konami.

Add this to the list:
Must be willing to suck it up whenever we set you up to fail at your job

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Well, let's see what they are looking for.

~Experience in high-end game development, planning, etc.
~Boundless imagination, and the capacity for exciting new ideas
~A strong passion toward game creation
~The communication skills to effectively communicate your ideas
I see. Those seem like very important skills and attributes for a game developer. Especially one for such a beloved and well known franchise.

However, I can't help but feel like they already had a guy that had all these qualifications. A talented, slightly crazy, visionary capable of making some of the best video games that anyone ever played. I even think he worked on those Metal Gear games a few times. Gee. Whatever happened to him?

Oh, that's right. Konami unceremoniously fired him. Removed his studio logo from the latest game. Denied throwing a farewell party for him (which the bosses didn't attend). And wouldn't allow him to accept an award for the game he made.

Yeah, I can't imagine anyone worth a damn will be answering that call.

Fuck Konami.

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
I heard this new company, Kojima Productions, is also hiring. What a coincidence.

You know, if you're in the job market...

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
It obviously isn't going to hold up to the same standard if you let the guy WHO PIONEERED THE FRANCHISE go then quickly try to build a new game. Really Konami... #FuckKonami

bunnielovekins

Mar 1, 2013
I'm expecting something in the order of silent hill: origins.

If I don't get my hopes up, I won't be disappointed.

oldtaku

Jan 7, 2011
Must have some lucrative ideas how to turn MGS into mobile F2P garbage.

Though MGS Online is off to a good start already.

Valkrex

Elder Dragon
Jan 6, 2013
Konami has some fucking nerve doing this... but in the end all that needs to be said is in this video here.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I actually am interested to see what this new game will be. Do I think it will be good? Probably not. Given their reputation, I am interested to see who will work there (it won't be for the paycheck). The presumably lack of talent should make the next title somewhat intriguing.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
After the way Konami treated Kojima along with how they threatened him about the GOTY Awards I plan to boycott everything that Konami puts out. I refuse to support a company that treats their employees like crap.

Adam Locking

Aug 10, 2012
The best part is, by the time this even comes out, everyone will have gotten tired of saying "Fuckonami" months ago, and this will bring it back for the second wave. I also suspect the game, regardless of actual quality, will break some new record for getting metabombed...

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
I sincerly hope all the applicants put their name as Hiddo Kojima just to fuck with Konami. But really after what we've learnt about Konami's treatment of its employees would anyone of even half decent talent want to work with them on anything?

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
I don't care if you are literally homeless and starving. Who in their right mind would take that job now?