Konami reportedly ceases production on all console games bar PES

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Scarim Coral said:
Crap, does that mean all Konami games are going to be super expensive now?
Well, they're all gonna be giant pachinko machines, so yeah.

Unless you mean their old titles. Those will be discontinued, and classic games like SH2 will slip into the ether and be forgotten.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
erttheking said:
Saltyk said:
Pretty good series, though I've only played V and watched a friend play II.
I haven't played V. However, if you can, you should get your hands on II. It's easily among my all time favorite RPGs, perhaps even my all time favorite games. If you really want, get the first one, too, as you can load save data from it to get plenty of bonuses, like the first game's hero as an ally. II is largely considered to be the best in the series and I tend to agree.

Phoenixmgs_v1legacy

Muse of Fate
Sep 1, 2010
LeathermanKick25 said:
Phoenixmgs said:
MatParker116 said:
McMarbles said:
Welp. That's it. It's in the ground. Let's start shoveling the dirt and then get to divvying up the stuff. Let Nintendo have Castlevania, give Suikoden to Atlus, Sony can have MGS, maybe give From Silent Hill...
MGS 6 from Naughty Dog?
Oh God no, Naughty Dog has failed at making a competent TPS 4 times straight now, you can't even change the sluggish as hell camera sensitivity and the aim-assist is horrible.
Guess you got really awful copies 4 times straight then. My shooters work and perform just fine.
Naughty Dog's TPS controls are horribly unsound. I can't aim the way I would like because the camera is so slow and you can't change it, that's a big no-no for any TPS or FPS (name any other shooter that's not made by Naughty Dog that doesn't have a camera sensitivity option?), whereas Metal Gear Solid 4/5 have 3 separate camera sensitivity options for all 3 different camera views. The shoulder swap is horrible, your character always initially aims of his right shoulder. Circle for cover and roll has never worked yet Naughty Dog has never fixed that in Uncharted, Uncharted 4 will probably still be the same. The aim-assist hinders my ability to aim properly and I can't do highly skilled things such as drag-scoping. TLOU has a contextual cover system, which never works as contextual controls always suck (it doesn't work in MGS5 either). The controls work well enough when playing against AI, but the games are unplayable against human players competitively because of the controls whether it's not allowing me to do things as fast as I want or just plain getting me killed. Even former Escapist reviewer, Susan Arendt, that gave Uncharted 3 a 4.5/5 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/9202-Uncharted-3-Drake-s-Deception-Review] said the controls suck.

Lufia Erim

Mar 13, 2015
Gundam GP01 said:
MatParker116 said:
McMarbles said:
Welp. That's it. It's in the ground. Let's start shoveling the dirt and then get to divvying up the stuff. Let Nintendo have Castlevania, give Suikoden to Atlus, Sony can have MGS, maybe give From Silent Hill...
MGS 6 from Naughty Dog?
Ehh, I'd rather have most of the staff from Kojima Studios form a new studio and get the rights than that.
But kojima doesn't want to make Metal gear games anymore. He's finally free.

KayeFaye

Jul 28, 2015
McMarbles said:
Silent Hill should go to wherever Kojima is going just so Silent Hills can happen.

That, or poke Keiichiro Toyama and see if he wants to give it another go. Otherwise, as much as I hate to say it, it should stay dead.

And what about Contra? Who should it go to? Hrm....

Sadly, knowing how much Konami cares about its legacy, it's going to purge all non-current games from every server, pull all print copies out of print, and burn any remaining copies in gaming shops and then just collapse in on themselves laughing.