Konami Reveals Silent Hill: Downpour Release Date

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Konami Reveals Silent Hill: Downpour Release Date

Mark your calendars: Konami will be scaring the pants off you come this Autumn.

It's been a little while since Konami released a new Silent Hill game for consoles. 2011, it turns out, will see a new, original, addition to the franchise. This morning, the publisher revealed Silent Hill: Downpour will launch later this year.

Silent Hill: Downpour will star a character named Murphy Pendleton, who will find himself touring through the demonic town of Silent Hill. The released screenshots show how Pendleton will visit the town's diner and the "Devil's Pit", which Joystiq describes as "some kind of mountainous area with a rickety-looking ropeway train between peaks." There are also a number of images showing the town's creepy urban decay and Pendleton talking to a mailman.

Of course, Konami hasn't revealed much else about the game, aside from a Fall release date in Europe. The screenshots for the game certainly look cool, but I'm reserving judgment until I get my hands on a playable demo.

Source: Joystiq

Acidwell

Beware of Snow Giraffes
Jun 13, 2009
That is by far the worst name i have ever seen for a character(Also no surprise about the diner, there is always a diner)

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
Is it the release date that's new info? It all seems like fairly old information, but I don't recall that.

But I do share your scepticism about the game. Knowing me, I'll probably buy it anyway since the Silent Hill games always seem to treat me well, but I'm not convinced it'll live up to the series' name yet from what I've seen.

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
I went back in and clarified it; the release date is the new info. Sorry for any confusion.

Diligent

Dec 20, 2009
I want to be able to like it, and I want the taste of Homecoming washed out of my mouth, but I don't believe there is a powerful enough solvent in the world to do that.
Hearing about the QTE boss fights, and now seeing such a stupid name for the main character, I'm having doubts about this game that I hope are unfounded.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I'm not a fan of the name, they really need to drop the name stuff, I'm blaming The Room for this. Petty bias aside, I don't know about this. I've heard some things that I really like about it, like the monster and the location, and I've heard somethings I really don't like, QTEs, limited storage, and breakable weapons. I'm having bad memories of Origins.

I know I will buy and either hate myself for doing it or be genuinely impressed, but I really want to like this game. I guess I will find out when I get it.

Erana

Feb 28, 2008
I'm sorry, but the Silent Hill team just isn't around any more. Silent Hill one through three are the good, original three movies from the 70's and 80's. We prolly aren't going to get any more Star Wars movies like the first three, nor Indiana Jones, and the same can go for Silent Hill. The best we can do is try to enjoy the new Silent Hill what-nots and appreciate the first three for what they are.
And really, The Room and Shattered Memories weren't that bad for survival horror games. They just aren't as good as the first three.
Hopefully, this will be a respectable entry into the new chapter of Silent Hill.