Konami Wants Fan Art for Silent Hill: Downpour

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Konami Wants Fan Art for Silent Hill: Downpour

A trio of fans will become concept artists for the next Silent Hill game, as well as crypt designers, all in one fell swoop.

If you're handy with pencils, paints and other artistic paraphernalia, your designs could appear in Silent Hill: Downpour. Konami and developer Vatra Games are holding a contest, and all you have to do to win is to create the creepiest burial sculpture. Vatra will then take your art, model it, and put it in Silent Hill's cemetery.

Producer Devin Shatsky said that the art that fans were producing was so impressive, Konami decided to kick it up a notch and actually include some of it in the game. In order to enter, contestants will need to post their art on a special tab on the Silent Hill Facebook [http://www.facebook.com/silenthill?v=wall] page. Konami will pick six finalists from the entries, and then let fans choose the three winners. Shatsky stressed that Downpour was a new chapter in the series however, and so any art depicting the likes of Pyramid Head, or Harry Mason, or any other character from Silent Hill's past, had no hope of winning.

The contest seems to be a little impromptu, as there are no details about when the closing date for submissions is, nor is the special Facebook tab actually set up yet. When all that stuff does get sorted out though, I'm looking forward to seeing the entries, especially the six finalists. There are some very fine artists out there on the internet, and I have no doubt that they will produce some excellent work.

Silent Hill: Downpour is scheduled for release this Fall.

Source: Shacknews [http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/67262]

iLikeHippos

Jan 19, 2010
Gothers... Ready your pencils...

Or nerds that wants to be/feels goth, but can't be bothered to change their style.

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
Oh dear lord... ANYTHING but fan art for a horror game. If you don't know, go on DeviantART and look up "Silent HIll" or "Resident Evil". Let's just say a fair amount is... uncomfortable. Just thinking about of some of that stuff getting into one of those games makes me shudder.

Also, my Captcha was "Principles Lightning", which sounds like some superpower bestowed upon principles.