Korean Ex-Defense Minister Says Crisis "Isn't StarCraft"

sagacious

May 7, 2009
The Amazing Tea Alligator said:
Xzi said:
Clearly what they need to do is Nydus Worm the shit out of N Korea.
That would make for a very interesting movie.
...sigh...
Dragon wars.

A korean movie about dragons that come out of the ground. It sucks balls and blows chunks.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Xzi said:
To late, North Korea already tried that. [http://www.cracked.com/article_17165_6-reasons-north-korea-funniest-evil-dictatorship-ever.html0]

(Hint, go down to number 3)

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
Quaxar said:
TaboriHK said:
On the other hand, if it WAS Starcraft, North Korea would be in huge trouble.
Naaah, they Zerg rush.

They should just move their war into a three-round based StarCraft tournament. And to compensate for North Korean people's lack of internet skills a hunger contest too. Gotta be fair to both sides.
No, you aren't going to beat South Korea starcraft players...
Even with the hunger contest before Starcraft matchs.

I forgot who but one Korea Starcraft player played one round of WCG drunk and still win...

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I tell you what, N. Korea better build some additional Pylons, cause they more or less are losing their support from China. No more free resources for you.

SantoUno

Aug 13, 2009
John Funk said:
If it sounds strange to hear such a prominent figure compare a deadly real-life scenario to a videogame, consider StarCraft's prominence in Korea as a sport. Is it really so odd to imagine the US President or UK Prime Minister (or leader of your country of choice) answering a question with "this isn't football/baseball/basketball/etc.?" It may still be an odd comparison, but it's not quite so far-fetched.
That won't stop generalizers on the internet from going "Duuh! See!? Koreans do live and breathe StarCraft!"

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
I love this. Just seeing that a game has made it's reputation large enough at least in Korea for that to be a well understood reference, it makes me feel good.

May 23, 2010
sagacious said:
The Amazing Tea Alligator said:
Xzi said:
That would make for a very interesting movie.
...sigh...
Dragon wars.

A korean movie about dragons that come out of the ground. It sucks balls and blows chunks.
It was implied that the movie should be good, thereby disqualifying this 'Dragon Wars'.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Rushview said:
Press: What is the government doing about the lack of jobs and the current economic failure?

Obama: This isn't Sim City.
Made me laugh.

SimuLord said:
North Korean Defense Minister: "What are those structures going up in the DMZ? Are those...pylons?"
I could read these all day XD

Jokes aside, a strange and awesome comparison!

If it was Starcraft, South Korea would have won and North Korea would have GG'd. Since I'm going to undoubtedly talk about this seriously later on, I'm going to picture this as a game.

"Nuclear Launch Detected"

Banshee Rush should work fine, they don't have Air-Defense right?

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
If politicians started speaking like this, I would definitely be more upstanding for them and my country.

...Of course, I'd probably hang myself first from the shock, but still.

thedeathscythe

Aug 6, 2010
I thought it was starcraft and they just agreed to 20 minutes no rush? I mean, nooby rules, but hey, I don't judge.

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
God damnit, really starting to want SC2 now >>

OT: Makes for an interesting analogy, hope the non-gamers were given some insight as to it.