Korean Otaku Marries Anime Body Pillow

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
Furburt said:
Now this isn't racism I'm about to spout, but is it just me or are Korean, Chinese and Japanese nerds just a touch more demented than any other nerds?

I just don't get it, why are they the crazy ones?
I'm sure there are plenty of other slightly (or extremely) mad people all over the world, my guess is that they are just scared of coming out of the closet.

I think that if this were to happen in some southern states of the good ol' U S of A (God bless her) they might revert back to a simpler time and simply lynch the dude and his beloved.

As usual I blame the parents...

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Furburt said:
Now this isn't racism I'm about to spout, but is it just me or are Korean, Chinese and Japanese nerds just a touch more demented than any other nerds?

Isn't StarCraft S. Korea's official sport?

That may help answer your question...

orangeapples

Aug 1, 2009
Otakus scare me. I had an encounter with them once. They really don't know how to talk to people. But lets not forget, that to an Otaku real people are just not as good as anime people. Anime characters are larger than life; she is not just an ordinary girl. He probably knows everything about her and believes that she understands him.

The only problem is that it is a one sided relationship, and she couldn't say "NO!"

Senrab

Mar 22, 2008
And this is why genocide isn't just the answer, but why it has to begin in the far east.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
AdamRBi said:
I'm just really curious about her parents, the artists that created the character, think about their daughter getting married off to some guy who's sexual orientation towards soft, plush, woven fibers is really... rather quite confusing.
Considering the animation studio behind Nanoha also brought us such gems as Night Shift Nurses, I'm sure they're hailing this as a great success.

Lewieroo0

Feb 2, 2009
the mentioning of the realistic sexbots reminded me of one of Yahtzee's videos where he said that Virtual Sex would wipe out the entire population. That statement could come true 0.0

LiftYourSkinnyFists

Aug 15, 2009
I don't think it's a big of a deal in their country as we're making it out to be, I hope they have a lovely fufilled life together.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
RicoADF said:
what I wanna know is how this guy gets around copyright/trademarks. After all the character would be a TM of the company, and by marrying it hes saying that its his....
That aside, thats just strange, idk how some people survive as long as they do.
I suppose that if any execs of the company that owns the copyright to the character got wind of this news, first thing they'd LOL hard and/or stare dumb-founded, then shake their head disappointed at the guy. In other words, the thought of suing him would only be laughing material for them.

I'm not very familiar with copyrights in general, but can they still sue him without him making money in any way from this pillow wedding nonsense?

Wellby

Aug 16, 2008
Indeed, it is strange that same sex marriage is still restricted when someone can marry wads of cotton made to look like a familiar pattern... Only a matter of time till we can marry more abstract things.
Excuse me gentleman, I have to go start planning my marriage to Justice.

Deviluk

Jul 1, 2009
Furburt said:

I think cos like their society demands much more obedience and social protocol, when they go crazy they really go! Hence why they have pantie vending machines etc.

VGCATZ

Nov 23, 2007
Wow, this reminds me of an article I read quite a while ago in "GAMES TM" called 'Kongetsu' by Tim Rogers. In it he was talking about how the western media has a tendency to pick up on these type of extreme gamer stories and stereotype the Japanese and Korean gamers as being a little south of sane while ignoring the fact that the vast majority of gamers are ordinary

Ricotez

Jan 17, 2010
My initial response was "LOL WUT", but it seems as if these kind of things happen more and more often. Still though... Marrying a fictional character? There's a clear line between realism and fiction, and more and more people appear to be unable to see that line.

Ah well, at least he doesn't inflict a massacre on a school...

bluepilot

Jul 10, 2009
awww, I guess that is just shows that there is someone (thing?) for everyone.

I sometimes wonder if the invention of sex robots would somehow bring extinction to the human race. Because, having a relationship with a object is just so much more simple.

However, I am not worried. Given the reliability of current technology I am sure that there will be stories emerging about people who met in maintenance shops when their sexbots broke down.

Napalm_Man

Jul 18, 2009
Furburt said:

I think what whould be even worse is people who pay hundreds to get those things shipped so they too can make out with a stuffed bag because girls don't want to talk to you about your plastic figuring collection.

sheogoraththemad said:
WTF LOL OMG LOL WOOT ROFL
That sir, is not a very intellectual response and we here on The Escapist pride ourselves with being a bit more vebrose, such behavior isn't exactly tolerated.

Simon Hadow

Mar 12, 2009
I'm going to go jump off a cliff while blowing my brains out with a Barret .50 caliber sniper rifle now... Humanity is dead...

odanhammer

Oct 11, 2009
Don..DOn't worry baby i know its your first time.
*Cuts a small hole at the point where the legs on the pillow meet*
Ah there there its ok , your a real sex pillow now.

Or

What would you like to eat tonight honey?
Stuffing.. sounds good to me.

Or

10 years down the road when the pillow has lost stuffing and isn't the same shape as when he first married it.

You really let yourself go honey, maybe you need some plastic sugery
*goes out to buy some stuffing*

Or

*while out shopping*
*notices a newer model pillow*
*ponders if he should upgrade*

Really this is sad , i hope this guy actually meets a real woman eventually, but if not, more for the rest of the regular guy.