Korean Otaku Marries Anime Body Pillow

azazellee

Feb 22, 2010
TheSeventhLoneWolf said:
Well. So long as he's happy.

I suppose he'll never feel a proper heartbreak. Unless it shrinks in the wash.
Wouldn't it be a good thing if it shrinks in the wash?

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
GloatingSwine said:
AdamRBi said:
I'm just really curious about her parents, the artists that created the character, think about their daughter getting married off to some guy who's sexual orientation towards soft, plush, woven fibers is really... rather quite confusing.
Considering the animation studio behind Nanoha also brought us such gems as Night Shift Nurses, I'm sure they're hailing this as a great success.
Was that a bad anime series or something? It still blows my mind that this is all legal and not a bloody soul who knew this guy tried to talk him out of it in any way shape or form.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
dalek sec said:
GloatingSwine said:
AdamRBi said:
I'm just really curious about her parents, the artists that created the character, think about their daughter getting married off to some guy who's sexual orientation towards soft, plush, woven fibers is really... rather quite confusing.
Considering the animation studio behind Nanoha also brought us such gems as Night Shift Nurses, I'm sure they're hailing this as a great success.
Was that a bad anime series or something? It still blows my mind that this is all legal and not a bloody soul who knew this guy tried to talk him out of it in any way shape or form.
As the resident Nanoha fanboy I have to say that no, Nanoha is not a bad anime and is rather respected. However, the studio that made it (Sever Arcs) only made hentai before that, and considering its origins (Nanoha was a minor character in a visual novel), I'm amazed Nanoha ended up good.

Edit: Oh, you were referring to Night Shift Nurses, in which case it was some random hentai thing.

GloatingSwine

Nov 10, 2007
dalek sec said:
Night Shift Nurses is one of the more infamous hentai VN and anime series of the last few years. I presume as long as you like bondage, torture, and coprophelia/coprophagia you'd find something in it for you.

Of course, the roots of Nanoha are also found in a hentai VN, though thankfully she doesn't have any h-scenes (practically a marvel, since she's the main character's little sister), and the Nanohaverse is apparently officially crossed over with the Nasuverse, origin of Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime, both also originally hentai VNs. (Forthcoming in ViVid is a crossover with Fate Kaleid Liner whateveritis, which is an in-universe parody of Fate/Stay Night with more than a few references to Nanoha.)

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
*facepalm*

I want equal marriage rights for homosexual couples now.
Whenever I hear "sanctity of marriage," dropped at my feet, I am going to link to this artical.
EVERY time!

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Galad said:
RicoADF said:
what I wanna know is how this guy gets around copyright/trademarks. After all the character would be a TM of the company, and by marrying it hes saying that its his....
That aside, thats just strange, idk how some people survive as long as they do.
I suppose that if any execs of the company that owns the copyright to the character got wind of this news, first thing they'd LOL hard and/or stare dumb-founded, then shake their head disappointed at the guy. In other words, the thought of suing him would only be laughing material for them.

I'm not very familiar with copyrights in general, but can they still sue him without him making money in any way from this pillow wedding nonsense?
Yes you can, depending on what conditions you set when you release the material (eg: freeware/open source no, but a commercial product hell yes)

VonBrewskie

Apr 9, 2009
"One has to wonder how long the happy groom will remain happy for - after all, judging by the popular opinion expressed in fanart and fanfiction, his new bride is a total lesbian. On the other hand, it's not like he has to worry about a pillowcase cheating on him, unless you count what happens when he puts her in the washing machine with his other body pillows."

Hilarious. If they invent realistic sex-bots, there should be a "love me" button or something that cuts out the bot's passive aggressive limiters. The future's equivalent of smacking your woman over the head with a club and dragging her off.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
You know what? I just don't care anymore. I'm just going to let people do whatever crazy BS they feel like doing as long as it doesn't harm them or other people.

Dean Diamond

Mar 14, 2010
I think this guy made the same mistake lots of men make - they get married too soon!!! If he waited he could have had one of these super hugh quality, classy and sensual body pillows: http://intimatebodypillows.com
Come to think of it, I believe there is no requirement for pillow monogamy, right?

Dean Diamond

Mar 14, 2010
Does the Korean Gov't require pillow monogamy? If not, he could go here and really spice up that boudoir !! http://intimatebodypillows.com

Dean Diamond

Mar 14, 2010
Does the Korean Gov't require pillow monogamy? If not, he could go here and really spice up that boudoir !! http://intimatebodypillows.com

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Gigaguy64 said:
AvsJoe said:
Catkid906 said:
Furburt said:
Catkid906 said:
Calumon: Humans are boring and weird. Why can't we all love me?
Because you're not real dammit! YOU'RE NOT REAL! AAAAAARGH!!
Don't deny the power of Calumon. Let this be a lesson to all as Furberts brain caved in on itself, all because of Calumon.

Calumon:
Bawwwwww! Look at it, it's so cuuuute!
That is the cutest little thing I've ever seen! I want one!
Gigaguy64 said:
AvsJoe said:
Gigaguy64 said:
AvsJoe said:
Gigaguy64 said:
........im going back to bed.
Wake me up when people can think rationally again.
You'll be asleep for a loooong time, my friend. A loooong time.
I hope so.
My dreams arnt as crazy as people like this.
And i once dreamed i was playing football in a Gundam.
I won the game by putting the ball in my shoulder cannon and firing it through the Freedom Gundam into the Arms of the G Gundam for a touchdown.
I kid you not. :3
That's a pretty neat dream. Most of my dreams would make adequate scripts for movies (except last night's dream which would just be an unfunny rip-off of Zombieland).
Haha.
Most of my dreams are ether Deja Vu, it happens all the time ,just yesterday i did something i dreamed i would and it was like......wow Freaky, or Based on what Manga i read that day.
Iv dreamed in Manga Panels before.
I daydream Presque Vu's myself. DeJa Vu's piss me off but Presque Vu's always intrigue me. Presque Vu is more or less the opposite of DeJa Vu BTW.
As for dreaming in Manga Panels, that would be AWESOME! I wish I could do that! The closest that ever happens to me is when the entirety of my dream is in Tetris or Minesweeper form.
Interesting.
As for Minesweeper dreams......hell no.
It would be the most frustrating dream ever.
Tetris i can handle.
I once dreamed in MapleStory form. It was paradise and hell, at the same time.