Kotick Wants Call of Duty Subscriptions "Tomorrow"

stabnex

Jun 30, 2009
Well isn't that just like that evil donkey fucker. I'm glad I don't pay for his games. He can eat a bowl of rancid cocks for all I care.

IanBrazen

Oct 17, 2008
LifeSarcastic said:
Well, I'm officially scared now. After the hideous bug ridden mess that is Modern Warfare 2 released, I realized Call of Duty had become the shooting game equivalent to Madden: overrated and released yearly. If this subscription plan does happen, Black Ops will be the last COD I buy (If it's a balanced game). Anyone remember when Call of Duty used to be about the single-player.
I completely agree.
Hell the single player is the main reason I got MW2, It is the best thing about the game in my opinion.

If this ever happens im never buying or playing another call of duty game again.
This is absolutely outrageous that they would give a online shooter a subscription fee.

Hell MMOs barely get away with it, and they have entire worlds to explore.
What the fuck does this guy have to offer?
More maps?
more guns?
that's not enough to warrant a fee.
If he does this It will open a huge fucking can of worms, and every two-bit online shooter will want their cut.

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
He "Think" we are excited about it? Who the fuck told him that? How about you don't start a subscription fee, go buy a rope or a toaster and bathtub... something of the sort and kill yourself. I think the fans will really be excited about that. >.>

chronobreak

Sep 6, 2008
Wow. No need to tell the guy to die or anything. It's his franchise, let him do what he wants with it. If it fails, it fails, nobody is making you play it. I personally wouldn't mind if it meant better support and free DLC and all that. I figure if you payed the 30 bucks for the two map packs in MW2, and let's say they charged 30 bucks a year for the subscription, it would even itself out.

I couldn't see them charging more than $50 a year for the subscription, and if there are the rumored two more map packs coming out before the next game, priced at $15 each, you would still be saving money if you are a hardcore fan. I don't agree with his decision myself, but let's try to be adults about it at the very least. I think he should realize that kids don't have the disposable income to pay a subscription to a game like that (especially if they are playing WoW or something already), and I can't see many parents wanting to pay for a game subscription on top of paying for XBox Live.

WaNNaBJusTLiKeU

Jun 26, 2010
It would rule me out of online play in CoD, one of the greatest things about shooters like this is the ability to just hop in and play without having to pay subscriptions. However the money making potential is incredible for the company.

Nemesha

Jun 23, 2009
Do I see $_$?

Hell I gave up Call of Duty the moment Zampella and West where fired.

F8L Fool

Mar 24, 2010
This article title is uber misleading. It's somewhat implying that the regular FPS CoD titles like Modern Warfare 2 and World at War could possibly getting the subscription plan "tomorrow". In reality what the CEO was talking about is a persistent MMO-like, "online Call of Duty world" that would warrant a subscription model.

Definitely a misleading choice of words for the title of this article.

snow

Jan 14, 2010
F8L Fool said:
This article title is uber misleading. It's somewhat implying that the regular FPS CoD titles like Modern Warfare 2 and World at War could possibly getting the subscription plan "tomorrow". In reality what the CEO was talking about is a persistent MMO-like, "online Call of Duty world" that would warrant a subscription model.

Definitely a misleading choice of words for the title of this article.
Call of Dutycraft would be very interesting, but think of the grind!!!!

akmarksman

Mar 28, 2008
Kotick can go get anally raped by the Boston Celtics..

Im not paying a CoD subscription..unless it includes blowjobs and bacon.

Jewrean

Jun 27, 2010
The DSM said:
Really, did he do market research or make that up?
SnootyEnglishman said:
It's because of this I'm glad i've stuck with Medal of Honor over the years.
Why did you embolden and italic the 'Honor'?

Besides, in my country it is spelled Honour.

EDIT: AH never mind. I see your name is 'SnootyEnglishman'. You understand full well and you are making fun of the title. Bravo sir. I thought you were an American trying to educate the masses on how to speak 'American'. :)

Niska

Jul 1, 2009
O_O Are you kidding me!? I will pay subscription on WoW or other online games because it gives me an entire world and so many things to do. I will NOT pay for a game that only allows shooting and running around a map for a few frantic minutes.